“Amazing!”

Robberg Nature Reserve
Reviewed December 29, 2013

One of My favorite hikes along the garden route so far! I did both the long (4h) and the short round (2h) though I liked the 4h tour better because then one would see all of the beauty: just one peninsula, but you experience all the diversity of nature! Sometimes there are spots where you have to climb or step really high/low. So be careful when having knee or back problems or if you bring small children along since it can get steep. Highlight at the end of the hike: the beautiful beach!

There are newer reviews for Robberg Nature Reserve

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I guess I have never seen a more diverse and breath taking coast line. There's a trail for everyone's liking (2.5, 6, 14.5k) and you can also come back the next day and just go for a bath in the sun in a beautiful bay (R40/person nature reserve entry fee). And you get a glimpse of the 4000 seals colony if you go for the medium or long hike!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We did the mid-length c2 hour walk which was well signed with some incredible views. In places the path was steep but there was a handrail to help you. There are 3 walks to suit different fitness levels. Take plenty of water and sunscreen.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

A cut above the standard nature preserve on the outskirts of town. We hiked around here shortly before sunset, enjoying stunning views of the bay. Given that we were there in the high season, it was remarkably uncrowded. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Robberg is one of the most beautiful places in the garden route, when I'm not in South Africa, Robberg is where I think of when I think of home. This is an amazing trail with incredible views. I feel as if I'm on top of the world.It's nice to break away from everything, and it's nice to be with friends and family to spend time there. It's amazing, to go hiking, barbecuing and chatting with all that beauty around you. So nice to get my feet on home soil again.