“lovely 2nd time time”
Review of Emily Moon

Emily Moon
Cuisines: African, French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Where luxury and peace are to be found in a sweeping river valley. Where the views encompass a wetland, winding river and distant mountains and where the call of the Fish Eagle will forever remind you of the vast skies of Africa .
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our 2nd visit and once again a very pleasant experience marred only by the fact that the cream had not been delivered that day, so our much-longed for Irish coffees were not a possibility.
The maître d (or owner?) recommended a really lovely bottle of red wine (in our price range) which we enjoyed with the meal. Delicious starters (wrapped goats cheese for me and duck confit for Mike), followed by salmon for me and lamb rack for Mike. Unfortunately I can’t remember the name of the lovely spice on my salmon; the description reminded me of tamarind (which it was not). Mike’s poached pear in chocolate was delicious (I had a taste); all I wanted was my Irish coffee :-(
I’m still keen to return one lunch time so that I can enjoy the view.

There are newer reviews for Emily Moon

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Magnificent views of the sunset and great service making our experience special.
Will recommend to friends

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Tucked away back from the main road Emily Moon is a lovely setting. Food and welcome from the staff is also excellent.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The setting is pure romance, the views just stunning (of the Bitou Valley). Candles, lamps, fairy lights. Dinner only. Great service, winning ambience. Moroccon, Indonesian, African – chic and matched perfectly. A fireplace inside for winter and a fireplace outside, with a few “lounge” seating areas in the garden. Very good wine options, and a special list with a few special wines for impressing the lady or the boss. The food is decent portions and always very well prepared. The menu changes evry now and then with some "in season" options added. Had the most stunning seared tuna, salmon, kudu and fillet steaks, seafood, prawns, Patagonion calamari, to name a few. The pavlova and berries, crème brulee and choc brownies are plate licking good. Just a stunning place, that’s all! Jo and Werner are great people...

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a must visit if you are anywhere near! The alfresco dining area is very beautiful. Go in time to see sunset. They have outside fires and the food is excellent.