“Fantastic”
Review of Bramon Wine Estate

Bramon Wine Estate
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The only Wine Estate Restaurant slap bang in the middle of The Garden Route! Enjoy an afternoon of local wines, cheeses, oysters, meats, pates and more all served with freshly baked homemade breads and polished off with a decadent dessert. Set in the vineyards and overlooking the Tsitsikamma mountains and The Elephant Sanctuary. This family run estate offers organoleptic fare for the entire family!
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate there twice in a few days and the food, wine and service were fantastic. Saturday lunch must have had 50 guests. It's great value for money and a must for anyone in the Plett area

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I went there with my wife after a recommendation from friends. We were told that the estate wines were sold out so the sell other wines. W were offered a selection of two wines. Both were not great. We ordered quite a few helpings. None of them stood out. They were al average. The smoked chicken was some kind of pastrami one buys at the supermarket. The game carpaccio was with no seasoning at all etc. the bill arrived and was reasonable had we been at a chef restaurant. I felt it was very over priced given the food the serve. I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank AdyIsrael
Thorpe P, Owner at Bramon Wine Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Hi Adyisrael

I am confused as only some of our wines were sold out - actually not sold out but we had a rush on our award winning wines and we are busy disgorging the bubbly which is ready soon. The only wines sold out were the 2 MCC's and a red , but there were sill the balance of our other wines available (Sauv blanc, Anton's Selection and we had The Plettenvale MCC which we made). All are top wines and award winning.

The smoked chicken is not a supermarket product but a locally produced dei product also very good. The carpaccio is not seasoned as some people prefer the delicate flavour but ample seasoning is provided.

Please visit again as it seems there was some miscommunication and I will personally see you have a good experienc. As you can see from our rating your particular one is very unusual. Regards Peter

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great wine great food and lovely relaxed atmosphere. The place was full of mostly big groups of families or friends enjoying the day. We sat out amongst the vines. So good to have such great quality wine and food thats so inexpensive compared with Europe.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The wine is good, and the restaurant where we sat next to the vineyard, is a Tapas restaurant. That is definitely a must......The `bits and bobs` that is served, of your choice is so tasty and the bread they make, that goes with the tapas, is awesome.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We were directed to this wine estate/restaurant as the day seemed to be gloomy and cold. We were not disappointed.
Making our way down the N2 from Knysna, the boards directed us in the right direction - it was easy to find.
When we arrived, the staff quickly gave us a table, even though we didn't reserve one. The menu is different - as you make your way down the menu with a pen, you mark all the different meze you would like. Ranging from meats to cheese to preserves, there's a tapa for everyone.
The food is produced quickly and it comes with a wonderful home-made bread. I have to say, for the first time in a long time, my small collection of plates where clean - no leftovers.
The service was great - the waiters were friendly and the manager made his rounds at all the tables.
I would recommend this to anyone - the restaurant has a great atmosphere and we enjoyed our stay immensely.