A Stones Throw Accommodation
Graham Hotel(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Restaurant
$53
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
$52
$41
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Halyards Hotel(Port Alfred)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewslog cabinshort driveonly stayed one nightcomfortable stayself cateringcape townsuzannerondavelaccommodationcattleoaklandsstopoverestablishmentcleanlinesschaletnaturedeck
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I stayed with Suzanne and her team for nearly two weeks and it was like a home from home. Zoleke and Edith looked after me with that warm South African hospitality I have come to expect. I learned several new Xhosa phrases too. I loved my Rondavel room, my breakfast companions wild or otherwise! Expect sweeping views, Hornbills, Hahdedahs and Sunbirds. I hope I get there again some day.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank markymark1960
ccsw, Owner at A Stones Throw Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Thanks Mark, happy holidays to you and your family, hope the big UK freeze not affecting anyone too much, gorgeous summer storms in Grahamstown - regards suzanne

Reviewed November 11, 2010

Excellent rooms with a beautiful view of a well taken care of garden. Situated in a very neat and quiet neighbourhood. Great and kind service from the staff, what more can one ask for?

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank thandile
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Stone's Throw B&B on our way from Cinsa to Plettenburg, and found it a relaxing, wonderful place to stay. The view from the house overlooks nearby mountains and is beautiful. It is located in Stone Hill, which is a three minute drive just outside Grahamstown. It is by far the most fetching looking B&B that we say in the entire area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My mom and I travelled from Johannesburg via Durban to Grahamstown along the wild coast. The last time a travelled through this majestic part of our country was when I was still a child on a road trip with my parents and it was this memory of rondawel houses on hilly plains that i yearned to see again. The trip was amazing and A stone's throw proved to be a perfect point to relax and recover from a day of taking in these beautiful sites. We intended to leave early the next day to stop over at Sedgefield before ending out trip in Cape Town. What initially seemed to be an unfortunate experience of leaving my laptop behind at the guest house and only realising this after travelling more than 300km, we returned to the guest house and decided to stay another night. Suzanne was so accommodating and the whole unfortunate experience was a blessing in disguise and we managed to spend a few more hours of bliss at this amazing location. I would recommend staying at this B&B any day.

Lorenzo

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We were on the road from Durban to Cape Town and decided to sleep over in Grahamstown. Due to good co-operation and communication between the B&Bs, we got a cabin at A Stone's Throw, and boy, we were the lucky ones. The cabin has a single room and a mezzanine room, which our 2 boys (15 & 9) slept in. We were met by Edith who was the stand in manager while Suzanne was away. Edith is a treat, after a very long drive, the reception was fantastic. Things just seem to go along smoothly, no fuss, no mess. Everything is under control and well organised.

Breakfast was great, by the pool, more than enough for us(2 boys eat healthily) and then it was back on the road. Would LOVE to have stayed longer, it is such a peaceful place.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family