“Needs a bit more refinement”

Grazia Fine Food & Wine
Ranked #2 of 127 Restaurants in East London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with contemporary interior, stunning sea views, outside deck, secure parking. Extensive contemporary menu'
East London
“Needs a bit more refinement”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Having been touted as a fine dining restaurant, I saved my visit to the restaurant for a special occasion. I was unimpressed with there being no host/hostess to welcome us; we waited fifteen minutes for our menus to be plonked in front of us without a smile or introduction from the waiter;my seat was not pulled out;napkin not placed on my lap and no complimentary amuse bouche or bread from the kitchen.However the wine selection was good and the lobster and prawns were cooked beautifully-I didn't mind the hour fifteen wait for my food once I tasted the first morsel.Grazia has potential - It just needs a bit of fine tuning to fulfill its fine dining aspirations.

Visited February 2014
Grazia L, Owner at Grazia Fine Food & Wine, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments, it is disappointing considering I employ no less that 2 senior front of house managers and 2 junior, it is unacceptable that no management was there to take you to the table, and you had to wait for your menu's, it would be of great help to me if you could just let me know when you were here, to unable me to further investigate what happened to the management and who the unfriendly waiter was.
I greatly appreciate all constructive comments as it is the only way for me to be able to improve and correct our business. many thanks Grazia Linden

• Hungarian first
East London, South Africa
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I went with my partner for our anniversary and was a tad bit disappointed in the food. I had read the reviews on tripadvisor, and at the time, Grazia was rated as #1 so was expecting something fabulous. We ordered a Springbok starter (can't remember what it was called) and that wasn't too bad, but both our main courses were quite bland and not quite what we were hoping for (I had a venison dish). They have a HUGE menu, so perhaps it's difficult to perfect each dish when there's so much variety, or perhaps we just chose the wrong dishes.
The service was great though, food came very fast which was nice, but perhaps if they shorten the menu, and focus on quality rather than quantity, it might work out better. I had also requested a table with an ocean view which was great! So I would say they're quite accommodating, and service was lovely, just the food wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

• Visited January 2014
Grazia L, Owner at Grazia Fine Food & Wine, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your constructive comments, unfortunately I have been unable to find your booking or your bill, in January. In order for me to be able to communicate to my Head chef your views, I will need the date of your visit, so that I can establish what your meal was, as I can not find any sales of game steak and Springbok Carpaccio combined in January.

I welcome all constructive criticism, I am delighted that my staff has looked after you, service is very important to us, as the quality of food.
Once again many thanks

Grazia Linden
King William's Town, South Africa
“Grazia - so disappointed!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

One of the better restaurants in East London with a wonderful view. My husband and I, will on the odd occasion have lunch at the restaurant. We always use to say, " Grazia has wonderful food with a wonderful view!" Cant say the same when we were there this last time. Service as always was very good. Starters were lovely...then I ordered the Kingklip stuffed with prawn filling. I received a old piece of Kingklip that had probably been lying in the freezer for months on end. Was absolutely awful! I was so disappointed and for the price you pay for a piece of fish advertised on the menu as fresh!! Hope they can sort out their kitchen very quickly before they loose many more customers.

• Visited January 2014
Grazia L, Owner at Grazia Fine Food & Wine, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I must apologize if you found the Kingklip to be disappointing, I can assure you that we have such a big turnover of Kingklip that it is impossible for it to be old, it is unfortunate for it not to have been prepared correctly, but we are human and we do make mistakes.
It is our policy that if a customer is not happy with her or his meal, we offer a replacement and take it off the bill.
I believe you did not want the meal to be replaced and insisted in paying for it.

I appreciate all constructive criticism, as without it we would not be aware of our failures,
I can only once again apologize and re assure you that I attend to all complaints personally by investigating and taking the proper steps.
Grazia Linden
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I must say service was fantastic, you must book early otherwise seating not the greatest. 100% service, 100% food. 70% seating. Top Reaturant worth the visit.

Grazia L, Owner at Grazia Fine Food & Wine, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
On behalf of management and staff we thank you for your positive comments. Grazia.
East London, South Africa
“Never a bad meal”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It may be one of the more expensive restaurants in East London, but every meal I have had and others in our party have had the same experience. The problem is only choosing what to eat.Great steaks (the Mt everest especially) delicious seafood, and to die for desserts. The Trio of desserts is good for those who cannot make up their minds.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for continued support and comments, we are grateful for them as the encourage us and motivate us. From management and staff.