“Great Breakfast!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
East London, South Africa
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Shared a super, leisurely Saturday morning breakfast with friends.
Some interesting twists on the usual breakfast fare - all very tasty and freshly prepared.
Outdoor tables to soak up the winter sun.
Efficient service and good value for money.

• Visited April 2014

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great venue, average food and service”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The location, decor, and styling is great. However the service from our less than interested waitress was average at best. She disappeared towards the end of our meal and never returned. With a limited menu, I'd expect all items to be available, my first choice was not (lamb). I was also served the incorrect meal at first. The correct meal, when it arrived, was decent.

• Visited April 2014
East London, South Africa
“BIG SURPRISE”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The first time we visited this restaurant was just after it opened and we were disappointed because they had run out of everything we ordered! This time we were taken there after a show by friends. It was absolutely delightful
and the "different" menu was really inviting. I had a pasta dish which was really delicious, and our hosts and my husband had Lamb burgers! They all agreed it is their favorite item on the menu and really good value for money.
The ambience was trendy although a little too noisy as there was a big table celebrating a birthday quite near to us and they were making a racket. I was quite surprised to see how well patronised Sprouts was and indeed that it was even open after our show finished! Put it on your list.

Visited March 2014
East London
“Very modern and trendy”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I ate at sprouts twice and was pleased on both occasions. I had a simple vegetarian wrap which was sourced from fresh, healthy ingredients and a coffee worthy of any connoisseur. The second time I enjoyed a yummy delicate prawn starter and the most delicious complimentary bread I have ever sampled - warm and fragrant with a crunchy crust and just crying out for a dollop of soft butter - gorgeous and comforting. My lamb burger was , however, not that great as the taste was lost under too much caramelised onion. I would request without the onions if I order the meal again. Service was efficient and attentive. Sprouts is sure to be on my list for casual dining and understated eating.

Visited January 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Tasty and simple”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We drove around striking looking for somewhere nice to eat and this seemed to be the only place that was open for Saturday lunch. Meals were light and tasty in a relaxed atmosphere. Really enjoyed our meal.

Visited February 2014