“Good friendly service”
Review of Boykies - CLOSED

Boykies
Cuisines: African, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are situated in Berea, East London. Coffee Shop - fully licensed set in a sports ambience feeling. Our prices are very competitive! We make all our own biltong - the nicest by far! Function venue available on request.Stock a wide variety of Rugby regalia - good for gifts for the man who has everything.
East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good friendly service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife, my son, his girl friend and I went there for an evening meal, we received what we ordered and the waitress was very pleasant. We all enjoyed the experience as the food was good and we did not wait very long. There are two Boykie Restaurants in Berea and we have been to both and found them both to be quite pleasant

• Visited December 2013

East London, South Africa
“Loved this place because of the brilliant manager that left.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had been to this restaurant a couple of times, I loved the sushi, although it took a bit of time, it was worth it. I will say though, my boyfriend and I have not gone back since this episode.

His card had declined on the. Card machine, and had come through via sms that the money was debited, we left all contact details of both him and I, including id number etc- incase it reversed during their cash up time. Even though we never received the correct sushi order, we were still prepared to just leave it, because the food was good.

2/3 weeks had passed and my boyfriend received a rude phonecall from a woman demanding money that morning. We never not once thought it was a free-be but maybe be a little respectful on the phone.

Previously ( on that night) we had delt with Shelby- the manager who was fantastic. Later, for me to find out that he had left and with that customers have left too. There goes Another restaurant to bad service.

• Visited March 2014
East London
“A great venue for lunch”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Always a pleasant dining experience, The also have a very interesting shop with a very select choice of gifts AND an excellent choice of Biltong.
The menu is very appropriate and the quality is is EXCELLENT as also the PLEASANT SERVICE

Visited May 2014
East London, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jenny Bonza Bay”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Only been there twice - its ok but when we had a breakfast there the food was icy cold so that was an off-putter - service too was extremely slow

Visited December 2013
Cintsa East
“A disappointment”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited 4 times. The food is mundane and when we had very slow service, waiting for our food for nearly an hour, we never went back.

Visited May 2013