“Yummy gourmet food”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stunning newly position restaurant which has been an old favorite in EL. They don't have their liquor license or landline number yet so was difficult to make a booking. The portions are really small so a three course meal is a must, however all meals are divine even if there is a relatively high cost ito value for money when compared to other restaurants such as Grazia. Would definitely go back though

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have frequented this restaurant quite a few times and always found the food to be of exceptional quality. These guys really know how to create something special, their plating skills add to the wonderful experience.

On the down side, the decor is a little 'cold'; the mark-up on their wine isn't justified and they have an extremely strange approach to corkage charges if you bring your own wine - they charge R25 for the first bottle, no problem with this, but why charge R50 for the second bottle!

The small menu changes quite regularly, and, despite the strange approach to wine, we recommend Two Dogs to our fellow foodies there.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

A limited but amazing menu, the presentation and the taste combinations were superb, I had to eat 3 courses not too miss out!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really wanted to be able to give this restaurant 5/5 because the food really was excellent. I had the tempura prawn and fish cake starter and the pork belly for main and both were excellent. Wine selection was also fab. The waiting staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

There were several things that put me off the restaurant slightly though - we chose a table at the back of the restaurant near the kitchen. When we first arrived the extractor fan seemed so loud it was really off putting (although I got used to the noise as the evening went on!). Also - the chef (and owner?) spent most of the evening shouting at swearing at his staff who seemed terrified of him and we were seated right in the firing line.

I will definitely go again as the food was so good but I'll choose a table near the front of the restaurant to avoid being caught up in in-house tension...

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Small kitchen area and personal supervision by Chefs - they know food! In my opinion - this is the only place to eat in East London.