Easy hotel has a great location in the middle of rapidly renewing Braamfontein. You can walk to lots of attractions and places: Constitution Hill, JoBurg theater, Wits University, the main train station and much more, and it's a lot safer than it used to be. The hotel is simple, elegant and no-fuss. No frills: no in-room dining or laundry so no phone in the room, for example. Clean modern rooms and bathrooms but there's no closet and the room is pretty small. The restaurant and bar attached have good food, including a really good buffet breakfast at a reasonable price. Friendly and helpful front desk: You can borrow the hard- to-find South African adaptor for a 100 rand deposit, which is handy. Downside: it can be noisy, including at the bar downstairs, so get a room on a higher floor. And while I thought it was reasonably priced, I was told the nearby all suite hotel was not that much more expensive, would be worth investigating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- easyHotel De Korte Street offers simplified comfort in a stylishly fun environment, all decked out in a retro colour-palette – bold oranges set strikingly against blacks and browns – and quirky details. Situated in the heart of Johannesburg and within walking distance of the Nelson Mandela Bridge, it’s easy getting to the nearby theatres, night spots, restaurants, major universities and prominent courts; its the ultimate in cool urban convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Lamunu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamunu Hotel Johannesburg
- Lamunu Braamfontein, Greater Johannesburg