“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Phoenix, AZ
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

This is one of those places I'd like to keep a secret from the rest of the world, but I want Andrea to have a successful business, so here we go....

I've stayed at Andrea's house multiple times and it is always a delightful trip. I've also stayed at Jerome Grand and Connor Hotel in the past and they just do not compare to the Surgeon's House. She welcomes you into your home like you were family, but also gives you space so you have your privacy. Her breakfast is the best I've every had with an assortment of food -- even the pickiest of eaters are sure to find something to enjoy. The location is also great - one block up the hill from the main street in Jerome. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

What a great time we had staying at the Surgeon's House in Jerome, Arizona. This was our 3rd visit to the not-so-scary ghost town of Jerome, but our first time staying over. Once a thriving mining town, Jerome is now a haven for artists and friendly ghosts and perhaps the best view of the valley and San Francisco mountain in all of Arizona!

Even if there were lots of places to stay in Jerome (there aren't many) we'd still want to stay with Ms. Andrea. Our two young kids (11 and 6) were a little concerned about ghosts (we didn't see any) and tad upset there was no TV, but those minor things did nothing to distract us from having a great time staying at the beautiful and charming Surgeon's House. As I told my daughter, if there were any supernatural creatures there, they'd have been fairies. Andrea has lovingly cared for this historic residence and filled it with many of her own personal charms. The quintessential B&B, Surgeon's House offers lots of peace and quiet and the view is outstanding. We had a gorgeous moon and a very cool night in which to view the stars from our private balcony. Fortunately we had many blankets to keep us warm. Next time we visit, we hope to take advantage of her colorful and inviting gardens!

We had the whole upper floor to ourselves and we filled the evening hours (after visiting the Haunted Hamburger) with a rousing game of War, which helped the kids pass the time. The morning breakfast was without a doubt the greatest part of this visit. Andrea's cooking skills are unmatched and she whipped up the tastiest gourmet breakfast that we have ever had. Even my picky daughter and son found something they loved. Fresh fruit, homemade spreads, the world's best omelet, scones, and all the warm and delightful coffee you could drink. Did I mention how awesome it all tasted? Oh, she even had some baked goods available for her overnight guests. We bought her cookbooks, though I doubt I could ever recreate those masterpieces.

Andrea couldn't have been more welcoming and kind, and was certainly tolerant of our occasionally inquisitive children. We had a great time! Thanks so much Ms. Prince!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

My wife and I loved staying at the Surgeon's House. Jermone is a quirky town, fun to visit...and staying at the Surgeon's House was just fun! But the best part was the awesome breakfast. Tons of food, all super yummy, with lots of options (all homemade). However, if you want a boring place to stay with people who have no personality, the Surgeon's House won't be for you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay while visiting the unique town of Jerome. We stayed in the master suite and it was lovely, we even had our own private balcony with a wonderful view. Andrea is a lovely hostess and a superb chef. We were there for two days and both breakfasts were fantastic.
If you frequent B & B's or have never given one a try this should be on your list. The home, the grounds, and the food should not be missed.
Thank you Andrea!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

This was my first ever experience with a B&B and it was wonderful. Andrea was a great host and so much fun to get to know. My friend and I actually stayed in September 2008 but I've always wanted to write a review about this place. We stayed in the Master Suite and it was exactly as it's pictured on her website and even more beautiful and homey. We started our visit with a short nap on our private balcony and then we left to explore the town. The Surgeon's House is in a great scenic location. I would definitely go back if I have the chance.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

My title is not without thought. Bear in mind. I've reserved 2 rooms, because I'm visiting Jerome on the request of my daughter (age 30) who is visiting me from out of state with her son (my grandson, age 3). Also in tow is MY son (age 13). I am a 53 year old single guy. Why you ask are we going to Jerome for 3 days and 2 nights? Because my daughter wanted to get some relaxation out of her visit. Just lying around time. Sounds dangerous to me. This place has no TV or other things to enterain the young ones ( well, I underestimated them).

First off, Andrea (who took my reservation in a most cheerful fashion) was not there when we arrived due to personal situation. In her place was a friend, Greer. She proved to be a terrific hostest. Greer was very attentive to us while we were there (possibly because she was afraid the kids would trash the place), but in the background enough to let us explore the wonderful old house. She asked when we would want breakfast (we were lucky - there were no other guests other than us) and she worked up very delicious, multi-course breakfasts both days we were there. For example, huge sticky buns, wonderful fish sides (her Tilapia was the best!), a breakfast burrito, and several sides and sauces. I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil the surprise.

We took the two rooms that constitute the Maid's quarters. Yes, the bathroom is shared and I can see why someone who stays in the smaller room feels cramped. Yes, we all want an exclusive bathroom for a long, luxurious shower. If you take that room, well you should have known. I was lucky. I'm sharing with family. If you are not, I recommend you take the master suite which was open the whole time we were there and looks most luxurious.

The ground floor is chock full of pictures, books, and knick-nacks that are terribly interesting to someone like me who loves history. I won't detail all of them, but I will say that the main room has a very out of tune harpsichord and despite it's tuning shortcommings, was the hit of the trip for both my son and grandson. Thankfully they were gentle and the hostess was generous enough to indudge their interest. Is Jerome a hot, swinging town? Well, not when we were there, but it was mid-week, off-peak, and snowing, so it wasn't during our visit. But that's unusual (yes, I've visited many times before) and the season, time of week (midweek - definitely off-peak) and the fact that most of the time is was snowing like the Dickens detered most visitors I suspect. Never the less, the one night we got my son to babysit, my daughter and I had a great time at the two main bars in town, the Ghost Room and Paul & Jerry's. Both have good bartenders with heavy hands, interesting juke boxes and plenty of locals visiting. This last point in important. Why???? Well, there is a popular bumper sticker on many of the local's vehicles. It says...."WE'RE HERE, BECAUSE WE'RE NOT ALL THERE!". Humor is not lacking in Jerome.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2009

If you are near Jerome, AZ, stay at the Surgeon's House. The view is incredible, the gardens are amazing, and the hostess/owner, Andrea, is great. The food prepared by Andrea was incredible! There was not one bad thing , even minor, to say about this place! We want to return!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!