“Highly Recommended”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2006

We've just recently returned from a memorable vacation in Arizona.

We stayed Feb. 25th and 26th at the Surgeon's House in Jerome. Andrea made our stay most enjoyable from the moment she warmly welcomed us. She is a fabulous hostess! Her home is beautiful and her breakfasts are outstanding. We certainly also enjoyed her wonderful, entertaining stories. She has personality plus! Not only that but there were snacks (delicious home baking) and drinks available whenever we wanted them.

I highly recommend this fine Bed and Breakfast.

Happy Travelling,
Marilyn Cassels,
Stratford, Ontario,
Canada.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank Stonetown5

Reviewed March 8, 2006

We have stayed at several bed and breakfasts, and Andrea is head and shoulders above other hosts/hostesses. The afternoon snack of peanut butter bars was delicious. Soda, beer, or wine was complimentary and made for a relaxing time sitting and enjoying the comfortable reading room. We stayed in the Chauffer's Quarters. It is filled with light and colors; many windows and 2 skylights. I was able to watch a beautiful sunrise just by sitting up in bed and pulling the quilt around my shoulders. (If you are one who needs blackout curtains for a good night's sleep, you may want to choose a room in the main house; but, I did not have any problem.) The rooms in the main house are also tastefully decorated. We look forward to returning and staying in the Master Suite. The gardens were not yet in full bloom, but daffodils and hyacinth were making a showing. I look forward to being able to see the gardens in all their glory. The location is nearby the downtown shops which made it easy to stop by the room for a rest or to drop off packages.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank 3sons&dog
Reviewed September 19, 2005

I fell in love immediately upon walking in to this B & B! Andrea made us fell very welcome and she was so nice. The sun room with big cozy chairs is so inviting to just sit and read a good book. Our room was great and we did not have to share a bathroom (thank goodness). We had the amazing "purple" bathroom (which is something you will have to ask to see should you visit). The breakfast was good a lot of different types of food. But the GARDENS were amazing. There is an upper and lower garden each with a pond. A hammock and lots fo chairs to just lounge around in. We will be back to stay and would recommend this B & B to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank azjeepgirl007
City, State
Reviewed September 6, 2004

My wife and I vist this B&B as much as possible.
The Chauffeur suite is our favorite room, with a wonderful private garden.The beautiful valley scenery makes the experence relaxing and revitalizing.

The "Hostess with the Mostess" is an absolute wonderfull cook! She is able to produce the most surprising and flavorfull breakfests.
We love her charisma and homes charm.

We both highly suggest this retreat to those who appreciate fine cooking, wonderfull atmosphere and total relaxation that is close to phoenix.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed July 11, 2004

A beautiful, magical place. Everything was wonderful, like finding a secret garden at the end of a long tiring day. Andrea was extremely kind and welcoming even though we were unexpected guests. The inn was full of unexpected corners and gorgeous antiques and the food was delicious. My sister and nephew even played an Alice in Wonderland croquet game in the garden before we left. Definitely one of the very top B and Bs in Arizona!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
prescott, arizona
Reviewed March 7, 2004

I was visiting a friend of mine who was spending the weekend at the surgeons house. Once I saw the place, i immediately fell in love! I spent all of 2 hours there, but it was incredible and I will be back this weekend to stay there myself. I got the grand tour of the place, plus all the inside info. Even though I was not staying there, andrea made me fell so welcome and offered me wonderful treats and fabulous wine. The gardens are not in full bloom right now, but they are still amazing. There is an essence there that is completely unexplainable. I cant wait to drive up there this weekend and read a book in the sun room surrounded by all the beautiful plants. Great place! recommended to all!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed March 25, 2003

So many times we find ourselves being pulled in many directions. A relationship, work, family and even personal dreams all require a significant amount of our time. When it becomes too much, I often invision myself running, screaming from my house, jumping in the car and heading to tranquility. I actually found myself doing that not too long ago. On my way I grabbed a friend and we headed North. Our adventure took us to Jerome and The Surgeon's House. It was as if time stood still. I constantly looked at my watch amazed at how slow time seemed to move. The B and B was so inviting and cozy. Our room was filled with things linked to the past. I could have roamed the house for hours and never taken it all in. The gourmet breakfast was amazing. I do not recall ever eating such delightfully different recipes for breakfast. I loved our weekend and hope to visit again.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!