“Fantastic Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed September 19, 2005

I fell in love immediately upon walking in to this B & B! Andrea made us fell very welcome and she was so nice. The sun room with big cozy chairs is so inviting to just sit and read a good book. Our room was great and we did not have to share a bathroom (thank goodness). We had the amazing "purple" bathroom (which is something you will have to ask to see should you visit). The breakfast was good a lot of different types of food. But the GARDENS were amazing. There is an upper and lower garden each with a pond. A hammock and lots fo chairs to just lounge around in. We will be back to stay and would recommend this B & B to anyone!

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank azjeepgirl007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed September 6, 2004

My wife and I vist this B&B as much as possible.
The Chauffeur suite is our favorite room, with a wonderful private garden.The beautiful valley scenery makes the experence relaxing and revitalizing.

The "Hostess with the Mostess" is an absolute wonderfull cook! She is able to produce the most surprising and flavorfull breakfests.
We love her charisma and homes charm.

We both highly suggest this retreat to those who appreciate fine cooking, wonderfull atmosphere and total relaxation that is close to phoenix.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2004

A beautiful, magical place. Everything was wonderful, like finding a secret garden at the end of a long tiring day. Andrea was extremely kind and welcoming even though we were unexpected guests. The inn was full of unexpected corners and gorgeous antiques and the food was delicious. My sister and nephew even played an Alice in Wonderland croquet game in the garden before we left. Definitely one of the very top B and Bs in Arizona!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2004

I was visiting a friend of mine who was spending the weekend at the surgeons house. Once I saw the place, i immediately fell in love! I spent all of 2 hours there, but it was incredible and I will be back this weekend to stay there myself. I got the grand tour of the place, plus all the inside info. Even though I was not staying there, andrea made me fell so welcome and offered me wonderful treats and fabulous wine. The gardens are not in full bloom right now, but they are still amazing. There is an essence there that is completely unexplainable. I cant wait to drive up there this weekend and read a book in the sun room surrounded by all the beautiful plants. Great place! recommended to all!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2003

So many times we find ourselves being pulled in many directions. A relationship, work, family and even personal dreams all require a significant amount of our time. When it becomes too much, I often invision myself running, screaming from my house, jumping in the car and heading to tranquility. I actually found myself doing that not too long ago. On my way I grabbed a friend and we headed North. Our adventure took us to Jerome and The Surgeon's House. It was as if time stood still. I constantly looked at my watch amazed at how slow time seemed to move. The B and B was so inviting and cozy. Our room was filled with things linked to the past. I could have roamed the house for hours and never taken it all in. The gourmet breakfast was amazing. I do not recall ever eating such delightfully different recipes for breakfast. I loved our weekend and hope to visit again.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2002

Although the gardens were lovely, our stay was less than pleasant. Our room was considerably dusty. The food served made both my husband and I ill. My husband sat in a chair that had been previously broken, but repaired with a screw through a broken board. He hit the ground. We were even charged for the broken chair, even though it had been broken before. I slipped on a rug in the entry way. There was not anti-slip matter beneath it and it was placed on a Mexican tile floor. There were wasps everywhere, even inside of the accomodations. Of course the beautiful gardens attract the bees and wasps and it is difficult to keep them outside I am sure.

Andrea was very hospitable, up until I received the credit card receipt for the broken chair anyway, which was charged without my knowledge.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
In dealing with the public it is not always possible to have a harmonious interaction with everyone. To put it diplomatically, everyone has their side of the story. Without getting into details let us just say that we treat every guest with the upmost respect and care and will continue to do so.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!