“Unique!”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Andrea is a wonderful host and fabulous cook! Easily the most interesting place I've ever stayed, from the beautiful outdoor spaces to the eclectic interior. Our room was large and comfortable, breakfast was second to none and she even let us park our Harley in her garage! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jeanbitt
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I'm glad to hear that parking the harley in the garage earned me some points! I'm happy I even have the garage to offer. It's one of the few in Jerome. Seriously, it was a delight to host you, and please come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Surgeon's House

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were so fortunate to stay at The Surgeon's House and meet Andrea. It is clear from the time Andrea answers the phone that she totally cares about the house and your experience.
We stayed in The Chauffeur's room - it is bright and Andrea has thought of every detail to make it comfortable. The views from The Chauffeur's room are amazing....including the deck right off the room.
Breakfast was phenomenal! Andrea can cook like a pro! There were delicious sweet and savory foods, fresh juice, coffee and tea.
Our entire experience at The Surgeon's House was memorable. Thank you Andrea!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1socalgirl
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

You are so welcome! It's so much fun when we are ALL having a good time. When I started the B&B I never imagined that it would be such a good fit for me. However, when I started hosting guests as warm as yourself, it all fell in place. Please take good loving watchcare of yourself and come back soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The surgeon's house has been owned and run by the same person for 21 years! Tremendous character and gourmet breakfast. A must stay in Jerome. Our room was the maid's quarters and was the size of a Chicago condo. The bed sat 4 feet off the floor and we had our own private entrance and sitting room. The art in this town is fantastic as well!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RknRon
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

"Chicago condo" That's a good one! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. As you know, it wasn't long ago that we built onto that room, and it made a world of difference. It provided the opportunity to create that cozy outdoor sun patio that everyone loves. I hope you get an chance to come back in the spring or summer and enjoy the gardens!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We just LOVE it here! We aren't huge B and B fans, but this is just terrific. Beautiful property, lovely hostess. The breakfast is to DIE for. Wonderful mix of sweet and savory items. We'd never stay anywhere else in Jerome.

Room Tip: For most privacy as for the room away from the main house. But all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A F
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

I'm so grateful for your kind words. It's impossible to please everyone all the time, but we try our best to make each guest feel at home. It's nice to get the feedback when we succeed.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at The Surgeon's House 2 times now (first time was a portion of our honeymoon trip), 2nd time was just recently, as a pre Christmas treat. Staying at the Surgeon's House with Andrea, no matter what room you stay in....is just like you came home to a close friend, or family! Everything from the first greeting, to your departure is nothing short of amazing! Not only do you have the BEST views from The Surgeon's House....but I'm PRETTY sure, you will also have THE VERY BEST breakfast you have ever had! As soon as you wake up to the amazing food cooking in the kitchen, your mouth begins to water....and then to walk down to breakfast (yes!....please DO come to breakfast in your jammies!) your eyes and tummy will be overwhelmed with an amazing feast! I'm not sure how other B&B's host their guests as this has been our first B&B stay, but I DO know that once you stay with Andrea, you have hit gold! All of her rooms are beautiful (although our favorite is The Master Suite), and extremely comfortable! Each room has this amazing, luxurious bed, and each room has a sitting area (or two)....and if that isn't enough, you can also find yourself being VERY comfortable curled up in any other area of the house (or outside on your deck, or in one of the MANY areas on the property), sipping on wine, beer, hot mulled wine, and enjoying "midnight munchies". Enjoy all of the fun shops, studios and history that Jerome has to offer...so much to do, that you really need to stay with Andrea to absorb all that Jerome has to offer!THANKS ....once again....to Andrea, and the beautiful Surgeon's House B&B!!! You know we will definitely be BACK!!!!

2  Thank MichelleandBob2013
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

I hardly know what to say after a review like that! I am so grateful that we were able to share such warm feelings during your delightful stay. I hope that you can find time in your busy life to come see us again - perhaps during the spring and summer when you can truly explore the gardens!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Surgeon's House is an unexpected treasure up high on the mountaintop of Jerome. Beautiful home with gorgeous garden oasis and comfortable, charming suites with a funny and gracious hostess, Andrea. She keeps delicious homemade snacks available plus a variety of beverages (adult and otherwise) in the fridge. Also has two sweet cats who lounge around all day. Brought my boyfriend here for a romantic Christmas shopping trip and cannot wait to return. We stayed in the maid's back suite and it was private and adorable, with a positive energy, perfect for a romantic weekend or retreat. I had no idea such an amazing place existed in Jerome, and what a view! We will absolutely be back!

1  Thank KDubArizona
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hooray! Hooray! I'm so glad that you had a good time. I love it when the house is filled with romance! It's such a delightful energy. Jerome definitely makes for a romantic getaway with the spectacular views and star filled nights . . . I hope you come back soon. I'll be waiting.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

It was lovely sitting in the charming living room and chatting with various guests... a good way to get tips on the local restaurants (e.g. Haunted Hamburger & Grapes) and attractions (the State Park in Jerome).

We loved the lush indoor & outdoor plants, art everywhere, views of red rock mountains, yin & yang cats, and the copious breakfast! A labor of love, to be sure.

Room Tip: The chauffeur's Quarters is away from it all, great for those seeking a space of their own.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It's nice of you to mention your interaction with other guests. It's heartwarming to see our guests relax and feel comfortable enough to really get to know one another. By the way, Mr. Gray and Jemima Pearl were amused to be called the "yin/yang cats". They had a quiet laugh about that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!