“Mere words can't do justice to the beautiful Surgeon House B&B and Andrea Prince!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at The Surgeon's House 2 times now (first time was a portion of our honeymoon trip), 2nd time was just recently, as a pre Christmas treat. Staying at the Surgeon's House with Andrea, no matter what room you stay in....is just like you came home to a close friend, or family! Everything from the first greeting, to your departure is nothing short of amazing! Not only do you have the BEST views from The Surgeon's House....but I'm PRETTY sure, you will also have THE VERY BEST breakfast you have ever had! As soon as you wake up to the amazing food cooking in the kitchen, your mouth begins to water....and then to walk down to breakfast (yes!....please DO come to breakfast in your jammies!) your eyes and tummy will be overwhelmed with an amazing feast! I'm not sure how other B&B's host their guests as this has been our first B&B stay, but I DO know that once you stay with Andrea, you have hit gold! All of her rooms are beautiful (although our favorite is The Master Suite), and extremely comfortable! Each room has this amazing, luxurious bed, and each room has a sitting area (or two)....and if that isn't enough, you can also find yourself being VERY comfortable curled up in any other area of the house (or outside on your deck, or in one of the MANY areas on the property), sipping on wine, beer, hot mulled wine, and enjoying "midnight munchies". Enjoy all of the fun shops, studios and history that Jerome has to offer...so much to do, that you really need to stay with Andrea to absorb all that Jerome has to offer!THANKS ....once again....to Andrea, and the beautiful Surgeon's House B&B!!! You know we will definitely be BACK!!!!

2 Thank MichelleandBob2013
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I hardly know what to say after a review like that! I am so grateful that we were able to share such warm feelings during your delightful stay. I hope that you can find time in your busy life to come see us again - perhaps during the spring and summer when you can truly explore the gardens!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Surgeon's House is an unexpected treasure up high on the mountaintop of Jerome. Beautiful home with gorgeous garden oasis and comfortable, charming suites with a funny and gracious hostess, Andrea. She keeps delicious homemade snacks available plus a variety of beverages (adult and otherwise) in the fridge. Also has two sweet cats who lounge around all day. Brought my boyfriend here for a romantic Christmas shopping trip and cannot wait to return. We stayed in the maid's back suite and it was private and adorable, with a positive energy, perfect for a romantic weekend or retreat. I had no idea such an amazing place existed in Jerome, and what a view! We will absolutely be back!

1 Thank KDubArizona
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hooray! Hooray! I'm so glad that you had a good time. I love it when the house is filled with romance! It's such a delightful energy. Jerome definitely makes for a romantic getaway with the spectacular views and star filled nights . . . I hope you come back soon. I'll be waiting.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

It was lovely sitting in the charming living room and chatting with various guests... a good way to get tips on the local restaurants (e.g. Haunted Hamburger & Grapes) and attractions (the State Park in Jerome).

We loved the lush indoor & outdoor plants, art everywhere, views of red rock mountains, yin & yang cats, and the copious breakfast! A labor of love, to be sure.

Room Tip: The chauffeur's Quarters is away from it all, great for those seeking a space of their own.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
It's nice of you to mention your interaction with other guests. It's heartwarming to see our guests relax and feel comfortable enough to really get to know one another. By the way, Mr. Gray and Jemima Pearl were amused to be called the "yin/yang cats". They had a quiet laugh about that.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in the master suite at the Surgeon's House. The property is decorated wonderfully with lots of art and has a beautiful garden. Our suite was large and very comfortable. We really enjoyed the private balcony with panoramic views of Jerome and the valley below. The food cannot be beat - multiple gourmet dishes for breakfast, cookies for midnight snacks and a refrigerator full of wine, beer, tea and other drinks. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DustyBuck
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm so happy to hear you say that you would stay here again. I certainly hope that you do. It was certainly my pleasure to host you. We'll be offering holiday specials soon, so keep your eye on the website. As always, may you have rewarding travels.
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I spent two enjoyable and relaxing evenings at the Surgeon's House. We stayed in the Master Suite, which met all of our expecatations. We especially enjoyed the private deck (which has a great view!). Andrea's hospitality was top notch in all aspects. Her breakfast spreads were delicious and plentiful. The variety of options was an unexpected bonus. Andrea truly made us feel at home the entire visit. The house itself is unique and well maintained and the grounds are gorgeous. The house is also in a great location near the top of Jerome (great views), but also within easy walking distance to the main parts of town. We highly recommend Andrea and the Surgeon's House B&B to anyone spending one or more nights in Jerome.

Room Tip: The private deck in the Master Suite was our favorite room amenity. We enjoyed a sunrise and the coo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert A
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I couldn't agree more about the Master Suite. That balcony is just incredible - a totally unobstructed view of the red rock cliffs and the four peaks. It's just stunning! I sure you noticed that the clifss and the clouds change the view from minute to minute. Thank you, by the way, for your compliments on the breakfast. I always try to present a yummy variety of tasty goods. Please come again whenever you can!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently spend a couple of nights at the Surgeon's House in Jerome, and had a wonderful time. The home is very nicely appointed; rich in history; and, Andrea was a terrific hostess. We enjoyed the grounds and gardens, and the views of the valley were awesome. The morning breakfast was nicely prepared and consisted of a very interesting combination of items. Thanks for a wonderful time!

Room Tip: The Master's Quarters were very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roger B
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
You are very welcome!! I'm so pleased that you had a good time. It's certainly a great time of the year to visit Jerome. Soon the trees will be turning and the nights will be cooling. Fall is delicious here. It is always my intention that you get what you wanted and what you needed. I want my guests to feel totally happy and refreshed when they walk out my door. I hope to see you again when you have the desire and the time.
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our overall stay was quite nice. Our rooms were lovely and and ours was quite large. The linens were fresh and crisp and the bed soooo comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and we had delightful conversations with the other guests. Our hostess, who was full of information and ideas, was delightful...98% of the time we spent there. But she was adamant about getting us OUT right away. I was trying to get a number on my iPad for another B&B in a different town (where we were heading) and she came in, announced the time and let us know we were to have left already. We had paid, had everything but our packs in the car...it was like we were no longer guests and her personality shifted. Made the experience feel phony. Not sure about wanting to return now. It's unfortunate it ended so oddly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Oh goodness! I don't know what happened! I never want my guests to feel unwanted or not at home. Please accept my apology for our miscommunication. I did have a guest innsitter in May for a few days, but it's hard to imagine her being so impolite. Whatever the situation, I would really appreciate it if you would give me a call so that we can straighten out whatever happened. I would call or email you, but I'm not sure which of my guests you are. Once again, I'm so sorry for your discomfort. Please contact me.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!