“Good...until the end”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
NY
“Good...until the end”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our overall stay was quite nice. Our rooms were lovely and and ours was quite large. The linens were fresh and crisp and the bed soooo comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and we had delightful conversations with the other guests. Our hostess, who was full of information and ideas, was delightful...98% of the time we spent there. But she was adamant about getting us OUT right away. I was trying to get a number on my iPad for another B&B in a different town (where we were heading) and she came in, announced the time and let us know we were to have left already. We had paid, had everything but our packs in the car...it was like we were no longer guests and her personality shifted. Made the experience feel phony. Not sure about wanting to return now. It's unfortunate it ended so oddly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Oh goodness! I don't know what happened! I never want my guests to feel unwanted or not at home. Please accept my apology for our miscommunication. I did have a guest innsitter in May for a few days, but it's hard to imagine her being so impolite. Whatever the situation, I would really appreciate it if you would give me a call so that we can straighten out whatever happened. I would call or email you, but I'm not sure which of my guests you are. Once again, I'm so sorry for your discomfort. Please contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bullhead City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night at The Surgeons House for my fiancés birthday and wasn't disappointed. Andrea was the best hostess ever. The grounds are beautiful as is the inside of her home. The beds are comfy and the food she prepares is to die for. If you're looking for a quiet and serene place to relax The Surgeons House is for you.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Live4Hawaii
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Your fiance's birthday - that sounds like a double celebration! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I don't know if I mentioned it, but we do host weddings . . . Wherever you have your joyous affair and wherever you go for your honeymoon I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Do come and see us again someday.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the location, view, gardens, accommodations, food--oh, the food is to die for--everything about the Surgeon's House is exceptional. To be greeted at the door by owner Andrea Prince is like being welcomed as a dear member of the family. This is the perfect place for a retreat whether for yourself, as a couple, or a group of friends. Although there are no TV's anywhere to be seen (I didn't miss it one bit), there is complementary Wi-Fi on the property. Will I return? You bet! I am planning my next trip right now.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and has its own qualities. I stayed in the smallest, the Front Maid's Suite...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I am so grateful that you went out of your way to post such a glowing review. We're all busy in our day to day routines that it's easy to let things slip by. It's humbling when someone such as yourself takes the time to recommend us to others. Thank you so very much, and I am so glad that we were able to provide a pleasant stay for and that you will be coming to see us again.
Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our second experience staying with Andrea and it is always great. Our first time was in 2009 when we stayed for 1 night in the front part of the Maid's Suite. We love to stay at small boutique hotels or bed & breakfasts and I always check TripAdvisor to find the best. This time we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed for 2 nights in the Chauffeur's Quarters over the garage. What a wonderful treat--lovely room with comfy king bed, our personal garden and large patio area on top of the garage overlooking the entire valley. As usual, Andrea was her friendly, welcoming self and had a very nice lady named Opal assisting her. The breakfasts are always unique and delicious and you always feel welcomed here like old friends or family. Thanks again, Andrea and Opal, for another wonderful stay--you made our anniversary the unique experience we had hoped for!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OperaDiva71
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I'm so pleased that you came for another visit. The Chauffeur's Quarters is a totally unique and magicial space. Sometimes when there are no guests, I will sneak in and spend the night myself. Opal will be so tickled that you mentioned her. I believe this is the first time on Trip Advisor that she has been given a rave review. Go Opal!
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Thank you Andrea - another wonderful stay at the Surgeon's House over Memorial Day and breakfast as always was amazing! We stayed in the Maids Suite Front which was very comfortable and inviting. Thanks and looking forward to our next trip to Jerome ...

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms at Surgeons House B & B and have stayed in each one throughout the years ... a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank busytraveler50
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It's always good to see you, and I'm glad that you got all that you wanted and needed at my coconut island in the sky. You are one of the select few who have stayed in all four rooms. We were just doing a couple of small improvements to the Maid's Front today. At the request of a previous guest we installed a shaving mirror in the bathroom on an articulating arm for the guys. We're always aiming to please and are grateful for any suggestion that might improve our services. Please come back soon. Summer is the most beautiful time to be here.
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Maid's Quarters--2nd floor, facing east

It's hard too add much to the reviews recently posted. The hospitality is exceptional; both
Andrea and Opal immediately make you feel at home. The house and grounds are so
very interesting that we regret that we had only one night and parts of two days
to take it all in. Our room had a very good view, a great bed, and fine amenities. The only
shortcomings of this room would be: no deck, no tub, a sink mirror at an angle not
convenient for shaving, and rather dim lighting for reading in bed.
We found that with the many sitting areas both on the front porch & in the side yard that
we used those more than the chairs in the room.

The intersection of Hwy 89A & Hill is most easily negotiated if coming from the
Sedona/Cottonwood direction. Another thing to be aware of is that the iron gate
to the house from the garage has some protruding, sharp metal rods that are
part of the gate's artistic design; as these rods are near the bottom one could easily
trip over them or worse.

Even though Jerome is on a steep hill it is possible & enjoyable to walk the town,
particularly in the early morning, as there is a sidewalk along the main road--down to the
old high school which is now an artist enclave. From the main road (89A) it is an easy
walk to the State Historic Park.

Room Tip: the east facing rooms have a great view; the master's quarters has a private deck
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
I really hope that you are able to come back soon and spend more time enjoying my home and the town. The summer is an incredible time to be here. Everything is so lush and full of life and color. The nights are warm and the sky filled with stars. It's truly magical. Oh, by the way, we're going to fix the angle of that mirror and provide stronger lighting over the bed. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Exceptional hospitality with host Andrea. Clean and serene! Discoveries to be made - don't overlook the garden area, with water features, Koi ponds and flouishing plants. A zillion plants inside as well. Splendid herb garden supports a myriad of delights for the breakfast menu. Step into the historic past and return with a smile.

1 Thank Ken H
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Twenty-one years . . . I never would have thunk it - that I would still be here, but it turns out that my coconut island in the sky has become quite the sanctuary for myself and my guests. It is a very special place, and every day I give thanks that I get to live here and share it with folks like you. Come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!