“21 years of fine tuning is apparent.”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Exceptional hospitality with host Andrea. Clean and serene! Discoveries to be made - don't overlook the garden area, with water features, Koi ponds and flouishing plants. A zillion plants inside as well. Splendid herb garden supports a myriad of delights for the breakfast menu. Step into the historic past and return with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken H
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Twenty-one years . . . I never would have thunk it - that I would still be here, but it turns out that my coconut island in the sky has become quite the sanctuary for myself and my guests. It is a very special place, and every day I give thanks that I get to live here and share it with folks like you. Come back soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Surgeon's House for our 25th anniversary. I had been in contact with Andrea for 3 weeks prior to our visit. She made sure everything was arranged to my liking, down to the surprise cake to be presented at our dinner at the Asylum. We were greeted by Opal, a spunky lady who was a pleasure to talk to. We then were introduced to Andrea who also made our welcome warm. We stayed in the Master's suite. We really enjoyed the private balcony overlooking the valley along with the MANY pictures and trinkets throughout the house. The breakfast is unbelievable as well as the beautiful grounds. It is a very peaceful place to stay. You get whatever you want out of the visit. If you want stories and socialization, Andrea is more than happy to chat. If you want quiet seclusion, there are many places to go sit and enjoy the constant breeze or sit and read a book. My wife and I found a beautiful gem which made our anniversary one that we won't forget. Thank you Andrea! We hope to see you next year!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Sometimes I think that the Surgeon's House is one of the most romantic places in the West. Folks propose here, get married here, celebrate their anniversaries here, and - well - celebrate everything romantic. I'm so delighted that we were able to make your anniversary a very special one. It does my heart good to see your heart lifted in celebration of a lifelong love! Please come back next year

Reviewed April 27, 2013

A full moon night and brilliant sunrise were enjoyed from the Chauffeur's Quarters at the Surgeon's house in April 2013. The best bed and breakfast experience and it was made special by Denice as Andrea was enjoying a break. Superb hospitality in a fascinating residence and town. Don't miss the "midnight snack" which starts on arrival and includes the famous brownies. The Chauffeur's Quarters is a separate residence with fantastic views from inside and the rooftop patio - perfect location to take in the scenery with a glass of wine, beer or your favorite beverage. Breakfast was awesome - Denice is a wonderful cook and host and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We loved the Chauffeur's Quarters for its views!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

That full April full moon was incredible, wasn't it? It must have been magnificent from the patio of the Chauffeur's Quarters. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with the cooking and hospitality of Denise. I feel blessed that she graces the Surgeon's House with her visits.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I went here for a stay in Feb. WE had an awesome time! THe home is CLEAN, SPacious, and welcoming! THE FOOD IS AMAZING! THe town of Jerome is so adorable and quiet! WE WILL COME BACK AGAIN!

THank you for opening your home to us! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for the glowing review! It was my pleasure to share my home with you and your husband. Please come back soon. I think you would love it in the summer when the gardens really weave a magic spell around the house. The bouquet of jasmine, roses, and other blossoms permeate the warm night air. A blanket of stars fill the sky above you. It's unbelievable . . .

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just completed my fourth stay at the Surgeon's House, and it sure won't be my last! There is something so magical about the little town of Jerome. I love it there, and firmly believe that to truly experience it, you need to spend several nights. After the tourists leave, and the day start to turn into evening, there's not a better place in town to sit and wind down than the patio of Andrea's lovely home. Its "million dollar view" never ceases to amaze me. The house is always spotless, yet extremely comfy...and the breakfast is incredible. I have always stayed in the Master Suite, and sure wish Andrea would change its name to the Mistress Suite! But, I've seen all of the rooms, and you absolutely cannot go wrong. Thanks again, Andrea. You rock!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

I'm so glad that you called it "home away from home", because that is exactly what I want my guests to feel. There's nothing better than travelling to a beautiful, charming place like Jerome and still feeling relaxed and comfortable. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The landscape is like a an arboretum, the house and furnishings are just beautiful and the food is stupendous. Andrea took the day off and Denice took care of us and she indeed took care of us-she is one awesome cook and so very sweet. I would recommend staying two nights so you can enjoy and absorb the relaxing beauty of the place. Checkout is at 11am and one cannot check in until 4pm and so you need at least two days to really get the full enjoyment out of the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chauffeur's Quarters and it was very private, beautiful and unique.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for mentioning Denise Clayton's amazing skills as a chef. I am blessed that she will be visiting occasionally and taking over the cooking and inn-sitting duties. I also agree with you that it's hard to get the full flavor of the Surgeon's House and the town of Jerome with one night's stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully for at least two nights!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This B & B sits atop a hill in a small, revitalized old mining town that features shopping, biker bars, great restaurants, and lots of handcrafted jewelry.

A mecca for the "free spirits", Jerome is the place to visit. I recommend the Surgeon's House for the warmth of Andrea Prince, her made-from-scratch breakfasts and the gardens where the koi are so tame that they suck your fingers thinking that you are bringing them their food.

And a fifty-mile view is not too shabby, either.

Room Tip: Each one is different and unique: check the website for photos.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I'm so glad you liked our quirky little town and that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you come I'll tell you the name of each and everyone of those funky koi.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Casa Sedona Inn
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!