“Best of the best”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This B & B sits atop a hill in a small, revitalized old mining town that features shopping, biker bars, great restaurants, and lots of handcrafted jewelry.

A mecca for the "free spirits", Jerome is the place to visit. I recommend the Surgeon's House for the warmth of Andrea Prince, her made-from-scratch breakfasts and the gardens where the koi are so tame that they suck your fingers thinking that you are bringing them their food.

And a fifty-mile view is not too shabby, either.

Room Tip: Each one is different and unique: check the website for photos.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I'm so glad you liked our quirky little town and that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you come I'll tell you the name of each and everyone of those funky koi.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Beautiful location on top of the mountain in Jerome. Very quaint B&B with great sized rooms. You can tell Andrea loves to have company. The highlight, as always, is the breakfast. Unbelievable. We stayed in the Front Maids room. Spacious room with large bath. We are going back in May and we are staying in the Master Bedroom.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I am so happy that you enjoyed your breakfast so much and am delighted that you are coming back so soon. If you're lucky you might experience the amazing cooking of Denise Clayton (a well known Phoenix chef) who has graciously agreed to lend her talents occasionally in our kitchen. You can see a profile of Denise on the website. See you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Surgeon’s House is a lovely place to stay in Jermone, AZ. Once in Jermone, you can easily walk to shops and restaurants.

Our stay at The Surgeon’s House B&B was absolutely lovely, thanks to the care and organization that Andrea provides. The home is warmly decorated, and we really enjoyed our accommodations in the Chauffeur’s Quarters, which is a room over the garage, detached from the main house. Our room had windows all around and a private rooftop garden and patio. I called the bed a “princess bed” because it sat so far above the ground. For a refrigerator the room has a vintage (maybe commercial?) refrigerator unlike any I had seen before. The room also had the privacy of its own bathroom.

We really appreciated the great touches that Andrea added to our stay. She welcomed us with very specific instructions about how to get to Surgeon’s House, where to park and what to expect upon arrival. We were then treated to evening snacks left for us in the kitchen. In the morning at 8:30 sharp Miss Andrea (or Consuela as she likes to call herself at that hour of the day) served up a lavish feast for breakfast. Breakfast started with a bowl of yogurt, sliced bananas and cereal at each place setting. Then from a buffet table we could serve ourselves fish filets, homemade mustard, homemade hatch chilies, a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs-type dish, country potatoes, cooked cabbage, marinated crimini mushrooms, freshly baked soft white bread and a breakfast cake. Even after all the houseguests had eaten their fill, there was plenty of food leftover, and Andrea encouraged us to make packets of food to go.

If you are ever visiting the Sedona/Jerome area, I would highly recommend that you book your accommodations with Andrea at the Surgeon’s House. If I’m ever back that way, I know for sure that this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I think I blushed a little when I read your review. Such nice comments. I do hope you will return when you have the opportunity. The gardens are coming alive and promise to be lush and full of color this summer, especially the wysteria in the upper garden. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast fare and am pleased to announce that this summer we will have a guest chef at the helm a few times a month. Her name is Denise Clayton. She has a large following in Phoenix, and she will be cooking and offering classes. It's not to be missed.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you are looking for a unique and wonderful place to stay, this is the one you should choose! Andrea provides superior service and you feel at home in this spacious and eclectic bed and breakfast. You also wake up to a breakfast you will not believe - definitely not your traditional fare, and ALL delicious! We stayed in the master suite one night and the chauffer's quarters one night. They were both great! Choose the chauffer's quarters if you would like more privacy, since it is in its own building. We actually preferred the master suite, since it was more spacious. This is definitely NOT a cookie cutter experience, and by the way, neither is the whole city of Jerome. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Choose the chauffer's quarters if you would like more privacy, as it's off on its own. Howev...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you, thank you for your glowing review. I'm so happy that you were able to avail yourselves to a variety of rooms during your stay. It's true that each room has its own charm and ambience. It is a joy to me that you had such a pleasant stay and I hope you will return later in the spring or summer when the gardens are in full and glorious bloom. They are not to be missed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nothing but great things to say about the Surgeon’s House…I took my wife for her 30th B-Day and we really enjoyed how peaceful the house was and how comfortable Andrea makes you feel in her home. It was our first B&B experience so we weren’t sure what to expect, but it would be hard to go back to “hotels” after this experience. Breakfast was amazing; we had to buy a recipe book with hopes that we can come close to duplicating her work! We’ve already recommended our friends and family stay at the Surgeon’s House when visiting Jerome and we’ll do the same when we return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite...it was great and view from the patio is amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin P
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I am so delighted that you were able to celebrate a birthday with me, and I am thankful that it turned out so well. It makes my day when my guests are able to celebrate special times in their lives at my home - be it an anniversary, a birthday, a wedding, or whatever. I hope you can visit again when you have a chance. Soon spring will be upon us, and the gardens will be in full bloom. You should see them!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I just spent one night at the Surgeon's House, or should I say Andrea's house. Andrea, the proprietor, made us feel very at home. The hospitality is incredible, the home is beautiful and the property is impeccably clean. The view from our private patio was awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. Can't wait to go back agan!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I'm glad you mentioned the view. Those of us who live here get so busy sometimes in our daily lives that we take that view for granted, but once you stop and look it's always amazing, always changing, always stunning. I hope you return soon. The view during the spring and summer months is the definition of grandeur - huge cumulus clouds, perfect blue sky . . .
Well, I could go on, but I hope that you come and see for yourself.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

When you stay with Andrea you are staying in her own home and you feel every bit as welcome and pampered as if you were in her circle of family and friends. She is just a delight to be around and her home is beautifully decorated and furnished. If you love antiques that are useful and comfortable this place will delight you! The room was comfy and the bed was just like home. The yards and surroundings are so stunning and so well kept, such a garden! And breakfast was a gourmet feast, no plain eggs and bacon here! We travel to Jerome frequently and will be staying her again and will recommend this to all our friends!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dodobuck
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

I hope that you are able to come back frequently. I would love to see you in the spring or summer when the gardens are so joyfully alive and full of color. I think you, especially, would just be tickled by all the little nooks and crannies and the variety of the different blossoms. Have a great New Year !

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!