“Comfortable, beautiful, and amazing food!”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Surgeon’s House is a lovely place to stay in Jermone, AZ. Once in Jermone, you can easily walk to shops and restaurants.

Our stay at The Surgeon’s House B&B was absolutely lovely, thanks to the care and organization that Andrea provides. The home is warmly decorated, and we really enjoyed our accommodations in the Chauffeur’s Quarters, which is a room over the garage, detached from the main house. Our room had windows all around and a private rooftop garden and patio. I called the bed a “princess bed” because it sat so far above the ground. For a refrigerator the room has a vintage (maybe commercial?) refrigerator unlike any I had seen before. The room also had the privacy of its own bathroom.

We really appreciated the great touches that Andrea added to our stay. She welcomed us with very specific instructions about how to get to Surgeon’s House, where to park and what to expect upon arrival. We were then treated to evening snacks left for us in the kitchen. In the morning at 8:30 sharp Miss Andrea (or Consuela as she likes to call herself at that hour of the day) served up a lavish feast for breakfast. Breakfast started with a bowl of yogurt, sliced bananas and cereal at each place setting. Then from a buffet table we could serve ourselves fish filets, homemade mustard, homemade hatch chilies, a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs-type dish, country potatoes, cooked cabbage, marinated crimini mushrooms, freshly baked soft white bread and a breakfast cake. Even after all the houseguests had eaten their fill, there was plenty of food leftover, and Andrea encouraged us to make packets of food to go.

If you are ever visiting the Sedona/Jerome area, I would highly recommend that you book your accommodations with Andrea at the Surgeon’s House. If I’m ever back that way, I know for sure that this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I think I blushed a little when I read your review. Such nice comments. I do hope you will return when you have the opportunity. The gardens are coming alive and promise to be lush and full of color this summer, especially the wysteria in the upper garden. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast fare and am pleased to announce that this summer we will have a guest chef at the helm a few times a month. Her name is Denise Clayton. She has a large following in Phoenix, and she will be cooking and offering classes. It's not to be missed.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you are looking for a unique and wonderful place to stay, this is the one you should choose! Andrea provides superior service and you feel at home in this spacious and eclectic bed and breakfast. You also wake up to a breakfast you will not believe - definitely not your traditional fare, and ALL delicious! We stayed in the master suite one night and the chauffer's quarters one night. They were both great! Choose the chauffer's quarters if you would like more privacy, since it is in its own building. We actually preferred the master suite, since it was more spacious. This is definitely NOT a cookie cutter experience, and by the way, neither is the whole city of Jerome. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Choose the chauffer's quarters if you would like more privacy, as it's off on its own. Howev...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you, thank you for your glowing review. I'm so happy that you were able to avail yourselves to a variety of rooms during your stay. It's true that each room has its own charm and ambience. It is a joy to me that you had such a pleasant stay and I hope you will return later in the spring or summer when the gardens are in full and glorious bloom. They are not to be missed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nothing but great things to say about the Surgeon’s House…I took my wife for her 30th B-Day and we really enjoyed how peaceful the house was and how comfortable Andrea makes you feel in her home. It was our first B&B experience so we weren’t sure what to expect, but it would be hard to go back to “hotels” after this experience. Breakfast was amazing; we had to buy a recipe book with hopes that we can come close to duplicating her work! We’ve already recommended our friends and family stay at the Surgeon’s House when visiting Jerome and we’ll do the same when we return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite...it was great and view from the patio is amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin P
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I am so delighted that you were able to celebrate a birthday with me, and I am thankful that it turned out so well. It makes my day when my guests are able to celebrate special times in their lives at my home - be it an anniversary, a birthday, a wedding, or whatever. I hope you can visit again when you have a chance. Soon spring will be upon us, and the gardens will be in full bloom. You should see them!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I just spent one night at the Surgeon's House, or should I say Andrea's house. Andrea, the proprietor, made us feel very at home. The hospitality is incredible, the home is beautiful and the property is impeccably clean. The view from our private patio was awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. Can't wait to go back agan!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I'm glad you mentioned the view. Those of us who live here get so busy sometimes in our daily lives that we take that view for granted, but once you stop and look it's always amazing, always changing, always stunning. I hope you return soon. The view during the spring and summer months is the definition of grandeur - huge cumulus clouds, perfect blue sky . . .
Well, I could go on, but I hope that you come and see for yourself.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

When you stay with Andrea you are staying in her own home and you feel every bit as welcome and pampered as if you were in her circle of family and friends. She is just a delight to be around and her home is beautifully decorated and furnished. If you love antiques that are useful and comfortable this place will delight you! The room was comfy and the bed was just like home. The yards and surroundings are so stunning and so well kept, such a garden! And breakfast was a gourmet feast, no plain eggs and bacon here! We travel to Jerome frequently and will be staying her again and will recommend this to all our friends!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dodobuck
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

I hope that you are able to come back frequently. I would love to see you in the spring or summer when the gardens are so joyfully alive and full of color. I think you, especially, would just be tickled by all the little nooks and crannies and the variety of the different blossoms. Have a great New Year !

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Surgeon's House was recommended by some freinds. Could not have been a more perfect accomodation choice in Jerome. Staying in the house and room was actually experiencing owner Andreas home. No matter where you looked there was something of hers or belonging to past generations. Evening wine, midnight snacks in the kitchen added to homey feel. Breakfast was beyond extraordinary. Have eating 5 Star dinners and this was a 5 star breakfast. If just passing through or making Jerome your destination this is a MUST STAY bed and breakfast. Ate dinner at the Asylum next to the property and would not recommend it. Only here for 1 night but there must be other dining establishments that are better.

Room Tip: They are all unique and really just vary in size. Only 3 rooms and 1 detached.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Hearing you say it's like staying at a friend's house really brightens my day, because that's exactly the feeling I want my guests to have while they are here. I'm so happy that that's how you felt. Please come back anytime.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed in Andrea’s home for two nights during our one-week road-trip in AZ/NM and we would have loved to stay longer.
This is an enchanting place that has its very own magic and character. The house and the garden are beautiful, the location on top of a hill with wonderful views of the Verde Valley are not to be missed.
What truly makes this a very special experience is meeting Andrea, the owner, who is the most delightful and vibrant person you can imagine. Her love for the place is contagious and she makes you feel at home immediately.
Andrea decorated the house and surrounding garden with utmost attention to detail honoring the character and history of the place.
We stayed in the Maid’s Suite Back room, a gorgeous and spacious retreat with a wonderful patio area.
In the kitchen you will find complimentary drinks all day and night and the most delicious homemade sweet treats.
The breakfast was exceptional; something you will remember. Andrea is an excellent and creative cook and offers a selection of homemade entrees, cake and starters. Everything was just delicious. Unfortunately, we had to leave before breakfast on the second day, but Andrea sent us away with a freshly baked cake that we savored at the airport. This is one of the places you can’t wait to come back to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

I can't wait to have you back. I am blessed to meet so many wonderful people as the hostess of the Surgeon's House, and, of course, I'm including you among them. I'm glad that you liked your stay in the the Maid's Back Suite. It was just recently been expanded and remodeled into the gracious suite that it is now. Please come back as soon and as often as your lives allow.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Quality Inn - Cottonwood
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale
The Tavern Hotel
The Tavern Hotel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!