“Great stay!”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nothing but great things to say about the Surgeon’s House…I took my wife for her 30th B-Day and we really enjoyed how peaceful the house was and how comfortable Andrea makes you feel in her home. It was our first B&B experience so we weren’t sure what to expect, but it would be hard to go back to “hotels” after this experience. Breakfast was amazing; we had to buy a recipe book with hopes that we can come close to duplicating her work! We’ve already recommended our friends and family stay at the Surgeon’s House when visiting Jerome and we’ll do the same when we return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite...it was great and view from the patio is amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin P
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I am so delighted that you were able to celebrate a birthday with me, and I am thankful that it turned out so well. It makes my day when my guests are able to celebrate special times in their lives at my home - be it an anniversary, a birthday, a wedding, or whatever. I hope you can visit again when you have a chance. Soon spring will be upon us, and the gardens will be in full bloom. You should see them!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I just spent one night at the Surgeon's House, or should I say Andrea's house. Andrea, the proprietor, made us feel very at home. The hospitality is incredible, the home is beautiful and the property is impeccably clean. The view from our private patio was awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. Can't wait to go back agan!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I'm glad you mentioned the view. Those of us who live here get so busy sometimes in our daily lives that we take that view for granted, but once you stop and look it's always amazing, always changing, always stunning. I hope you return soon. The view during the spring and summer months is the definition of grandeur - huge cumulus clouds, perfect blue sky . . .
Well, I could go on, but I hope that you come and see for yourself.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

When you stay with Andrea you are staying in her own home and you feel every bit as welcome and pampered as if you were in her circle of family and friends. She is just a delight to be around and her home is beautifully decorated and furnished. If you love antiques that are useful and comfortable this place will delight you! The room was comfy and the bed was just like home. The yards and surroundings are so stunning and so well kept, such a garden! And breakfast was a gourmet feast, no plain eggs and bacon here! We travel to Jerome frequently and will be staying her again and will recommend this to all our friends!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dodobuck
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

I hope that you are able to come back frequently. I would love to see you in the spring or summer when the gardens are so joyfully alive and full of color. I think you, especially, would just be tickled by all the little nooks and crannies and the variety of the different blossoms. Have a great New Year !

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Surgeon's House was recommended by some freinds. Could not have been a more perfect accomodation choice in Jerome. Staying in the house and room was actually experiencing owner Andreas home. No matter where you looked there was something of hers or belonging to past generations. Evening wine, midnight snacks in the kitchen added to homey feel. Breakfast was beyond extraordinary. Have eating 5 Star dinners and this was a 5 star breakfast. If just passing through or making Jerome your destination this is a MUST STAY bed and breakfast. Ate dinner at the Asylum next to the property and would not recommend it. Only here for 1 night but there must be other dining establishments that are better.

Room Tip: They are all unique and really just vary in size. Only 3 rooms and 1 detached.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Hearing you say it's like staying at a friend's house really brightens my day, because that's exactly the feeling I want my guests to have while they are here. I'm so happy that that's how you felt. Please come back anytime.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed in Andrea’s home for two nights during our one-week road-trip in AZ/NM and we would have loved to stay longer.
This is an enchanting place that has its very own magic and character. The house and the garden are beautiful, the location on top of a hill with wonderful views of the Verde Valley are not to be missed.
What truly makes this a very special experience is meeting Andrea, the owner, who is the most delightful and vibrant person you can imagine. Her love for the place is contagious and she makes you feel at home immediately.
Andrea decorated the house and surrounding garden with utmost attention to detail honoring the character and history of the place.
We stayed in the Maid’s Suite Back room, a gorgeous and spacious retreat with a wonderful patio area.
In the kitchen you will find complimentary drinks all day and night and the most delicious homemade sweet treats.
The breakfast was exceptional; something you will remember. Andrea is an excellent and creative cook and offers a selection of homemade entrees, cake and starters. Everything was just delicious. Unfortunately, we had to leave before breakfast on the second day, but Andrea sent us away with a freshly baked cake that we savored at the airport. This is one of the places you can’t wait to come back to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

I can't wait to have you back. I am blessed to meet so many wonderful people as the hostess of the Surgeon's House, and, of course, I'm including you among them. I'm glad that you liked your stay in the the Maid's Back Suite. It was just recently been expanded and remodeled into the gracious suite that it is now. Please come back as soon and as often as your lives allow.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Surgeon's house more than we know, really we can't figure it out. In a nutshell, my wife believes it is "Heaven on Earth." I believe it is "Heaven on Earth" too, plus you can pet the fish. We would recommend this place, and do, to anyone. Be prepared for a real getaway.

And thank you to the host, Andrea, who has such a fresh and lovely spirit. We are so thankful to have met you.

See you soon,

Los Byers

Room Tip: They are all great. I have a particular liking for the Maid's Back Suite. My wife loves the Ch...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

It was such a treat to host you and your lovely wife and I can't thank you enough for your beautiful guitar playing as we were decorating for the holidays. To have someone playing madrigals while we were hanging the lights and garlands was magical and so much in the spirit of the season. You helped make it heaven on earth. Thank you, thank you, thank you . . .

Reviewed October 18, 2012

If the Surgeon's House does not get an excellent review from anyone it must be that they don't appreciate what B&B's are all about. The gardens are beautiful, the breakfast was large, varied and delicious and the rooms lovely. If there is anything I do not like about B&B's it is that you can occasionally feel like you are intruding on the Inn Keeper. At the Surgeon's House you feel like the home is yours. My teenage daughter loved it every bit as much as I. Pour yourself some complimentary wine, sit in the garden and watch the sunset. Magical

Room Tip: we stayed in the Back Maids Room. It is the only one without a "view" but you have your o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

I appreciate your comments as one with experience in the world of B&Bs. I agree that the host or hostess should be available but not intrusive. I try my best to strike that balance. I'm gratified that you felt at home and found the magic that is the Surgeon's House. That magic will be here whenever you need it. Please come back and see us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
The Inn Above Oak Creek
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!