“The Byers Love The Surgeon's House”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Surgeon's house more than we know, really we can't figure it out. In a nutshell, my wife believes it is "Heaven on Earth." I believe it is "Heaven on Earth" too, plus you can pet the fish. We would recommend this place, and do, to anyone. Be prepared for a real getaway.

And thank you to the host, Andrea, who has such a fresh and lovely spirit. We are so thankful to have met you.

See you soon,

Los Byers

Room Tip: They are all great. I have a particular liking for the Maid's Back Suite. My wife loves the Ch...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

It was such a treat to host you and your lovely wife and I can't thank you enough for your beautiful guitar playing as we were decorating for the holidays. To have someone playing madrigals while we were hanging the lights and garlands was magical and so much in the spirit of the season. You helped make it heaven on earth. Thank you, thank you, thank you . . .

Reviewed October 18, 2012

If the Surgeon's House does not get an excellent review from anyone it must be that they don't appreciate what B&B's are all about. The gardens are beautiful, the breakfast was large, varied and delicious and the rooms lovely. If there is anything I do not like about B&B's it is that you can occasionally feel like you are intruding on the Inn Keeper. At the Surgeon's House you feel like the home is yours. My teenage daughter loved it every bit as much as I. Pour yourself some complimentary wine, sit in the garden and watch the sunset. Magical

Room Tip: we stayed in the Back Maids Room. It is the only one without a "view" but you have your o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

I appreciate your comments as one with experience in the world of B&Bs. I agree that the host or hostess should be available but not intrusive. I try my best to strike that balance. I'm gratified that you felt at home and found the magic that is the Surgeon's House. That magic will be here whenever you need it. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have done a lot of research on the hotels, restaurants, and attractions in and around Jerome. Of all my searching I have found the Andreas home is the most welcoming and the most serene when visiting the beautiful city. I made reservations for my anniversary on her website and got a response quickly. Before meeting Andrea I got a sense of comfort as well as when we arrived by her and her assistant. We stayed in the chauffeurs quarters with the private patio over looking the valley.I can't explain more how wonderful this place is.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Staceys0224
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your gracious words. I feel honored that you would choose my home for an occasion as special as your anniversary. Come back whenever you feel the need for the serenity you found here. I will do my best to make sure that all your wants and needs will be fulfilled.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

On our second trip to Jerome we chose to stay at the Surgeon's house and we are guests for life! the amout of care and level of detail Andrea show for you comfort and enjoyment can't possible be matched by and hotel or resort. the atmosphere is like nothing else you will see and beauty surrounds you. This is one of the most peaceful places i have ever been or stayed and as i said before i will stay there every time we are in town. Do yourself a favor and don't pass this up!

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the master suite and the chaufer's quarters have a balcony that over loo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I'm so glad your enjoyed yourself so much that you've decided to stay here whenever you revisit Jerome. Having guests such as yourself makes it easy to provide a restful and peaceful experience. When the hostess and guest are in harmony, beauty and and joy are natural outcomes. Please come back soon. Autumn is an amazing time to be in Jerome!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We decided to rent out the entire place to celebrate my 50th birthday this past weekend. I have only stayed at the Grand Hotel in Jerome and had no idea what a perfect place Andrea's home would be. The entire weekend was all about us and having a great time with our friends! Andrea is a perfect hostess and her home is magical. Each and everyone of us completly enjoyed the wonderful food, the views, the grounds and the stories :) We look forward to another weekend visit to the Surgeons House very soon. Thanks so much for the great memories!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

It was a great celebration, and I'm glad that we could be a part of it! I have been surprised over the years how many folks come to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, and all their special events. And, by the way, when you stay here, it IS all about you. You deserve to be spoiled every once in a while!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Always a delight!!! We've just finished our third stay at Surgeon's House. Trying to come up with a word to describe Andrea's approach. The one that comes first is "respect". For the food she serves, for her guests, and for her home.

Some owners of old houses revamp them so much that they lose their quality and character. Andrea has managed to keep the charm of an old house without sacrificing comfort. Any remodeling has fit perfectly with the house. Some of the fixtures are old (separate hot &cold taps in bathroom / wonderful old sink in kitchen / windows a bit sticky / creaky floors, etc.)... but the place is wonderful! Andrea is welcoming and loving and fun.

Her breakfasts are to die for (but you have to arrive on time at 8:30!) - served buffet style - and NOT what you're expecting: a typical meal? Fruit/yogurt/granola , 3 different juices, cold poached salmon (done perfectly!!!), marinated mini portabella mushrooms, an egg souffle, braised potatoes, asparagus, black beans, scones.... with multiple sauces for everything (including the chocolate sauce for the scones!).

The gardens are incredible, the "common" rooms anything BUT common - welcoming and comfortable. And there are snacks in the kitchen and wine/beer/sodas for your enjoyment. And if you're nice, you can sit in the armchair in the kitchen and have wonderful conversations with Andrea as she preps her astonishing brekkies.

Did you get that this is our favorite B & B (after years of travel U.S. and U.K.)? It is!

I'm already missing Surgeon's House.....HUGS to Andrea. She's got it so RIGHT.

Barb in So Cal

Room Tip: The Master's Suite and Chauffeur's Quarters have balconies with great views. The re-vamped...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

What can I say after a review such as yours? Your joy awakens mine. I am thankful that I have been able to share such an experience with you. Please come back and see me soon and many hugs to YOU!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My second trip to the Surgeon's House confirmed that it was as great as the first! I spent my birthday here with my daughter, and it was wonderful. An added bonus with seeing the house in all its summertime glory. As we drove up, hollyhocks waved in the breeze, giving it an enchanted look.

We stayed in the Master Suite, which is my favorite (but they are all very nice). Andrea's breakfasts continue to impress...lunch is not really necessary after eating breakfast here!

Thanks again, Andrea! I look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: I love the Master Suite...great views and plenty of space!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I'm so glad you could come to visit when the gardens are in full bloom. Walking around in the midst of all that beauty and color nourishes the soul. And you're right, the hollyhocks really went to town this year. I hope you can come back in the fall when we get a whole new round of flowers blooming and, of course, the trees are going yellow to orange to red. My best to you and your daughter and may your lives be filled with grace.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Casa Sedona Inn
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!