“The best way to experience the beauty of Jerome.”
Review of Surgeon's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Surgeon's House
Ranked #2 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
“The best way to experience the beauty of Jerome.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have done a lot of research on the hotels, restaurants, and attractions in and around Jerome. Of all my searching I have found the Andreas home is the most welcoming and the most serene when visiting the beautiful city. I made reservations for my anniversary on her website and got a response quickly. Before meeting Andrea I got a sense of comfort as well as when we arrived by her and her assistant. We stayed in the chauffeurs quarters with the private patio over looking the valley.I can't explain more how wonderful this place is.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Staceys0224
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your gracious words. I feel honored that you would choose my home for an occasion as special as your anniversary. Come back whenever you feel the need for the serenity you found here. I will do my best to make sure that all your wants and needs will be fulfilled.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Marysville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

On our second trip to Jerome we chose to stay at the Surgeon's house and we are guests for life! the amout of care and level of detail Andrea show for you comfort and enjoyment can't possible be matched by and hotel or resort. the atmosphere is like nothing else you will see and beauty surrounds you. This is one of the most peaceful places i have ever been or stayed and as i said before i will stay there every time we are in town. Do yourself a favor and don't pass this up!

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the master suite and the chaufer's quarters have a balcony that over loo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I'm so glad your enjoyed yourself so much that you've decided to stay here whenever you revisit Jerome. Having guests such as yourself makes it easy to provide a restful and peaceful experience. When the hostess and guest are in harmony, beauty and and joy are natural outcomes. Please come back soon. Autumn is an amazing time to be in Jerome!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We decided to rent out the entire place to celebrate my 50th birthday this past weekend. I have only stayed at the Grand Hotel in Jerome and had no idea what a perfect place Andrea's home would be. The entire weekend was all about us and having a great time with our friends! Andrea is a perfect hostess and her home is magical. Each and everyone of us completly enjoyed the wonderful food, the views, the grounds and the stories :) We look forward to another weekend visit to the Surgeons House very soon. Thanks so much for the great memories!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
It was a great celebration, and I'm glad that we could be a part of it! I have been surprised over the years how many folks come to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, and all their special events. And, by the way, when you stay here, it IS all about you. You deserve to be spoiled every once in a while!
U.S.A.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Always a delight!!! We've just finished our third stay at Surgeon's House. Trying to come up with a word to describe Andrea's approach. The one that comes first is "respect". For the food she serves, for her guests, and for her home.

Some owners of old houses revamp them so much that they lose their quality and character. Andrea has managed to keep the charm of an old house without sacrificing comfort. Any remodeling has fit perfectly with the house. Some of the fixtures are old (separate hot &cold taps in bathroom / wonderful old sink in kitchen / windows a bit sticky / creaky floors, etc.)... but the place is wonderful! Andrea is welcoming and loving and fun.

Her breakfasts are to die for (but you have to arrive on time at 8:30!) - served buffet style - and NOT what you're expecting: a typical meal? Fruit/yogurt/granola , 3 different juices, cold poached salmon (done perfectly!!!), marinated mini portabella mushrooms, an egg souffle, braised potatoes, asparagus, black beans, scones.... with multiple sauces for everything (including the chocolate sauce for the scones!).

The gardens are incredible, the "common" rooms anything BUT common - welcoming and comfortable. And there are snacks in the kitchen and wine/beer/sodas for your enjoyment. And if you're nice, you can sit in the armchair in the kitchen and have wonderful conversations with Andrea as she preps her astonishing brekkies.

Did you get that this is our favorite B & B (after years of travel U.S. and U.K.)? It is!

I'm already missing Surgeon's House.....HUGS to Andrea. She's got it so RIGHT.

Barb in So Cal

Room Tip: The Master's Suite and Chauffeur's Quarters have balconies with great views. The re-vamped...
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
What can I say after a review such as yours? Your joy awakens mine. I am thankful that I have been able to share such an experience with you. Please come back and see me soon and many hugs to YOU!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My second trip to the Surgeon's House confirmed that it was as great as the first! I spent my birthday here with my daughter, and it was wonderful. An added bonus with seeing the house in all its summertime glory. As we drove up, hollyhocks waved in the breeze, giving it an enchanted look.

We stayed in the Master Suite, which is my favorite (but they are all very nice). Andrea's breakfasts continue to impress...lunch is not really necessary after eating breakfast here!

Thanks again, Andrea! I look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: I love the Master Suite...great views and plenty of space!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I'm so glad you could come to visit when the gardens are in full bloom. Walking around in the midst of all that beauty and color nourishes the soul. And you're right, the hollyhocks really went to town this year. I hope you can come back in the fall when we get a whole new round of flowers blooming and, of course, the trees are going yellow to orange to red. My best to you and your daughter and may your lives be filled with grace.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just got back from a weeklong mother-daughter trip in Arizona that concluded with a night at the Surgeon's house in Jerome!  After visiting Sedona and the Grand Canyon we were not expecting more then a quaint stopover for one night in Jerome on our way back to the Phoenix airport.  Our expectations were far exceeded!

Jerome itself is a very charming artistic and historic with truly incredible views but the Surgeon'a house is truly SPECTACULAR !  It is a marvel of a home, and the incredible hospitality, interior decor, homey atmosphere and beautiful and relaxing gardens are all the work of the wonderful and genial hostess Andrea.  In addition to being a stellar hostess and inn-keeper she is a first-class chef!  Our breakfast included mandarin oranges and pineapple with vanilla yogurt and shaved coconut,  breaded and grilled swai (a white fish) on a bed of cabbage, egg scramble with Monterey jack cheese and soy chorizo (and lots of other yummy ingredients), sautéed and seasoned broccoli, thick cut slices of Portobello mushroom in a yummy reduction, fresh corn bread with butter, chocolate chip scones with both a chocolate sauce and a cream-cheese based sauce, assorted juices, teas and coffee!!
I am getting hungry just thinking about it!

We were so enamored with the Surgeon's house that we hoped to stay an extra night and made efforts to change our flights.  Sadly our airlines would not permit it :(. But we are very much looking forward to visiting again in the not so far future.  In the meantime, I will eagerly be sharing Andrea's beautiful postcard fliers with friends back home in need of a serene get-away!

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
After reading your review I think I'm going to have to take a couple of days off and stay at the Surgeon's House! That breakfast sounds scrumptious! Seriously though, I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It is always so gratifying to get this kind of feedback from my guests. I hope you return soon and bring your friends.
Jefferson, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have stayed in a lot of quaint, beautiful hotels, vacation homes & cabins over the years. But this place tops our list after only 1 stay. The gardens are a delight - around every corner there's a new, charming vista, a perfect little nook to revel in, an enchanting backdrop for whatever you're wanting to do.

Then there are the rooms....they are beautifully eclectic without sacrificing any modern comforts. Ours had gorgeous plants everywhere, a claw-footed tub (with shower), an antique but fully functioning refrigerator, and all sorts of artwork, curios, books, etc. There is no TV, but who needs one here?

Andrea is a superb hostess, who strives to make sure your stay with her is exactly tailored to your needs. She is there when you need her and unobtrusive when you don't. And her breakfast has to be seen and tasted to be believed. It is an event, a celebration of taste & presentation, and you will NOT be able to even think about lunch afterwards!!

I would never consider staying anywhere else when I come to Jerome, and we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chauffer's Quarters, but we saw all of the rooms and they are all equally gorge...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JeromeHostess, Owner at Surgeon's House, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Wow! What a review. I'm just hope that you got everything you wanted and everything you needed. We all deserve some time off in a beautiful environment to rest and recharge our spiritual batteries. It is my fervent hope that the Surgeon's House can provide that kind of healing respit. Please come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Surgeon's House? Share your experiences!