“Very good burger”

Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Mile High Grill and Inn sits atop the Jerome hill on Main Street in the old Clinkscale Mercantile building, built in 1899. Opening in 2004, we have made many renovations while trying to keep the old focal points and uniqueness of the original architecture. We aren't hard to find with our beautiful red building and black and white awnings! Feel free to grab some lavender from our herb garden located in the front window box!The Mile High Inn is located above the Grill and accessible through a separate entrance, though all check-ins are done at the Grill. Here you will step back in time with the Victorian styled Inn with high ceilings, original oil paintings and most importantly, the cozy, comfortable beds. It is a great spot to have a romantic getaway. Oh, and if you feel (but can't see) a little something rubbing against your ankles, don't fear! It's only Skipp, the ghost kitty.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Excellent burger and good service. Prices were average. I'd eat here again. I liked the atmosphere too.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stopped here for Lunch after we discovered Jerome almost by accident. Our 1st full day in Sedona and it actually started to rain, so we jumped in the car and set off west. What a great place, the people are really heplful and friendly, the food was great and we left feeling like we had actually been somewhere.

1  Thank djh&cjh
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Such friendly staff at the Mile High. The food is great, and they are knowledgeable about Gluten Free requirements. Great coffee!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

And to think: we almost ate somewhere else. Who knew you could get an outstanding Reuben a mile up in the air in a small Arizona town -- no matter how cool it is. (The town, not the weather.) There were seven of us and the service was very good. I don't remember everyone's order but I do remember nobody had a complaint. My wife had one of the luncheon specials (I forget which) and she loved it. Bill was $42.33 for two, including three beers. I also had a piece of the best Key Lime pie I've ever had. I think I'd drive up that goofy and scary highway just for another piece of that pie. Only complaint: not much air conditioning for an Arizona cafe in July. Then again, that's why God invented beer.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Jerome is such fun. History, art, cute shops, old hippies, no chain stores, local artists, fun atmosphere and the Mile High Grill. Good food at lunch, service low key but friendly. The chef came out to talk to me when I asked about a sauce on my lunch choice. The place fits in with the funky vibe of this town built on the side of a mountain area.

Note: The whole town is packed on the weekends. Go during the week for best results in getting a place to eat and having space to park.

1  Thank redheaddr

Been to Mile High Grill & Inn? Share your experiences!