“Ambience and wonderful service”
Review of Mile High Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Mile High Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This was a wonderful experience for both my friend and myself who were celebrating 35 years of a great friendship. We loved the room over looking main street and the view of the red rocks in the distance. Both the Inn and the Grill below are just fabulous. We were treated like locals and embraced by all the staff. The service was impeccable in both the restaurant and the Inn. The town of Jerome is just so fun to explore. There is so much to see and experience in this great old ghost/mining town.We would both recommend this establishment to all. You instantly become one of the Jerome folks. Koodoos to all the staff. Like the people who service it , Mile High Grill and Inn is beautiful both inside and out.

Stayed: October 2008
There are newer reviews for Mile High Inn

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I would say, if you go to Jerome, stop at this place, if not to sleep at least for a meal ! It's delicious. The staff is very friendly, a special thanks to our waitress Melissa, and the food is so good. Try their burgers they are to die for.
We spent there two nights and were able to peak in almost all the rooms while not occupied. They were all very cozy and clean. Every single one of them with a special touch, quite a good taste.
Jerome is a very interesting little historic copper mining town.
Half of a century ago almost dead, now is very much alive, with galleries, live music a paradise for photographers.
Do yourself a favor, if you are on your way to Sedona or if you are looking for an interesting weekend retreat, stop at this place, once there you'll be enchanted.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The inn is very nice but it just was not worth the price we paid. Upon check-in we waited sometime to even be acknowledged. The bed was very uncomfortable, and there was a banging noise, I assume it came from the kitchen downstairs, that continued well into the night. The shower was small with either very low or very high water pressure and never warmed up. The carpet was also in need of a good cleaning. I did peer into some of the other rooms and they seemed nice. Maybe we just picked a bad one. By the end of our stay we just wanted to go home. I will say that the free breakfast is wonderful. Yummy buttery eggs.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I've never given a hotel review before but Mile High Inn was so awesome that I felt it was necessary. My family and I had three rooms and absolutely loved how charming and clean the rooms were. Plus there were two bathrooms on both ends of the hall and no one was ever waiting to get in. The sink and mirror in the rooms made getting ready very easy. The breakfast was delicious and check-in and check-out was very simple. Thanks for such a great stay, we all can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Charming and clean. We stayed in the Lariat and Lace room which had an actual lariat. It also had an armoire, chair, sink in the room, bathrobes, a super high (2 steps up) comfy bed, and a bathroom down the hall. The other rooms I was able to peek into had similar amenities, and some had a view. Coffee is served in the lounge in the morning. A simple egg breakfast in the grill downstairs is included, but you'll be tempted to order one of the fancier breakfast choices on the menu. That's what we did and it was fabulous. You'll get a $5 credit each for breakfast. The Inn is located in the center of town. It's a short walk or stair climb to all the sites, galleries, and the historical museum downtown. Parking is free on the street. I parked and never touched the car again until we left. Jerome is worth a day's visit and the Mile High Inn and Grill makes a terrific home base from which to enjoy it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AZ_KC
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I've stayed here several times. This terrific rest stop is as charming and warm and decorated in historic fashion as is the beautiful and quaint town of Jerome. Each room is clean and comfortable and nicely outfitted with everything you'll need. What's especially nice is to wake in the morning (early) and be able to grab a fresh cup of coffee (and its good coffee at that) in the living room off the hallway.

Rest assured too that the breakfast is the best in town in my opinion, and there are some good ones to compare against. Try "Jets Momma" on the menu, you won't be disappointed. I've been there often enough that the "Executive Chef" knows exactly how I like my home fried potatoes. I give big kuddos to all the folks that work there too. The place is busy all the time and they always manage a smile while they take good care of whatever it is you might need. And give those 2 great women that own the place a pat on the back too. They take a lot of pride in their establishment and it shows in everything from the rooms to the dining room to the bar. I just wish they had the NHL package in the winter so I could watch my Penguins play.

I'll stick my neck out and make the claim that I venture you'll never meet with disappointment here. I honestly enjoy staying at the Mile High and it's so "in the middle of everything" you just can't go wrong.

So take that warm cup of coffee in the morning, walk down the stairs and out the front door, and take in the beauty of the morning as you look over that gorgeous Verde Valley! Tim from San Diego.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank SanDiegoTim
Reviewed April 20, 2008

We recently stayed that the Mile High Inn for the first time. We had eaten at the restaurant numerous times and were always impressed with the quality of service, and how great the food was! I recall one trip where we had breakfast, lunch and dinner there all in the same day and was not once disappointed.

The room was just as pictured, very clean and cozy. The wall of windows over looking the town and beyond provided a view that was spectacular! And at night, the open windows provided a nice cool breeze.

We'd be happy to stay again!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Jerome
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Mile High Inn? Share your experiences!