“Very Nice Stay”
Review of Mile High Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Mile High Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Arizona
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I along with our adult daughter from Texas spent one night at the "Mile High Inn" on Sunday, December 23rd. There are a lot of positive reviews already posted and we totally agree with what others have said. My wife and I stayed in the "Victorian Rose" room and our daughter stayed in the "Memories of the Heart" room. We arrived a little early and we got to see all the rooms because they were just finishing the cleaning. All the rooms were nice but for a street view (not to mention the incredible mountain views) you would need to stay in one of the rooms we stayed in or "Little Daisy" which is sandwiched between them. But...that said, all of the rooms looked very nice and I would have been okay in any of them. If you opt for a shared bath room, there are two baths at each end of the hall and they were very clean. When we arrived the town was filled with people and we had to park a few blocks from the Inn, but just as we were told, most of the day visitors were gone by 4:00 PM and I then parked right across the street and unloaded the luggage. After following wife and daughter around from shop to shop, we ate dinner at "15.Quince Grill & Cantina". I had been looking forward to dinner there after reading other reviews and we were not disapointed. This is a very popular spot so we had to wait at the bar for a short time, and after about half of a beer our table was ready. My wife and daughter are both vegetarians so there are always a few questions before ordering and the staff were all very helpful. I could go on and on about the meal but I will just say that all of our meals were fantastic and I would have liked to have sampled everything I saw coming out of the kitchen. Also, as others mentioned, the margaritas are very good, but only if you have a designated driver if you are leaving town. We were glad we were staying overnight and we enjoyed a walk around town after dark and my wife and daughter managed to find a few more shops that were still open. Quick note on that, I normally am not very excited about visiting shops and will usually arrange a meeting place for later, but all of the shop owners were very friendly and very informative about Jerome, past and present. I actually enjoyed shopping and you would not normally hear me say that. So...to finish up, slept great and headed to the grill for breakfast. We had looked at a menu and because I thought I had read that you could apply the free "two egg breakfast" to another choice, we at first were disapointed when we found out that this was not the case. The waiter patiently explained to us three times that the vouchers could only be used for the "two egg breakfast". So we ordered the included "two egg breakfast", the eggs three different styles, with the included potatoes and toast. Daughter had mentioned no meat because they were vegetarians and we were all surprised when the waiter came back and said the chef had offered to prepare stir fried vegetable side dishes instead of the meat. My wife and daughter were very impressed since normally not getting the meat means just not getting the meat. The breakfasts were all totally excellent and even though we normally would want hash browns with our eggs, the potatoes that came with the "two egg breakfast" were so good that I would have ordered them over hashbrowns anyway. Everything about our stay in Jerome was great and we will look farward to going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JohnandJanArizona

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kennett Square, PA
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Might be odd, but I'm a sucker for a good breakfast sandwich. MILE HIGH GRILL has the BEST I've ever had! They serve a couple of eggs, havarti cheese, tomatoes, & grilled onions on a crescent roll that is so perfect!!! I couldn't believe how delicious it was!
We've had several meals here, but this was a first for me!
Can't wait to go back & have it again!
Wait staff is very personable! Service with a smile!
Enjoy this place, folks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hazdamoon
Nashville
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Located right in the center of the mining, "ghost" town of Jerome, the Mile High Inn provides a unique place to stay while in this popular, unusual Arizona tourist destination. The old building has a restaurant on the street level and perhaps five or six rooms on the second floor -- reached by a long, steep stairway. The rooms are well decorated in period style. We stayed in the "Victorian Rose" room which overlooked the main street and offered a nice view down into the valley below. The room was very clean and accommodating in every way. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. There is a well-designed private bath. Despite being a popular tourist destination with many bars and despite being located right in the middle of town, there was little or no noise from the street after 10 pm. We had a restful night's sleep. Breakfast was included in our stay and was excellent. This is a very unique and interesting place to stay and we recommend it highly. Be aware that there is no elevator or television. Also, the heating system seemed mysterious to us -- but we did not need it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mile High Inn B&B in the Little Daisy room. We absolutely loved it and the friendly owners even let us check in early. We called ahead of time and requested an early check in and they were more than willing to clean the room and have it ready for us. The breakfast the next morning at the Mile High Grill was incredible! Very clean, very comfy, and very quiet. Loved this place!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dish1021
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A bunch of my husbands coworkers and I stayed at the Mile High Inn overnight. The Inn is close to everything (which I suppose isn't hard to do in a small town like Jerome). The rooms are small but incredibly comfortable. There is an option to stay in a room with its own bathroom or one with a shared bathroom at the end of the hall. We chose a room with a shared bath. We had our own sink in-room and the shared bathroom was nice, clean, and everything was in working order. There were even bathrobes in the room for guests to use!
I was a little disappointed that we didn't have any ghost experiences... especially since the rumored haunting is a cat.
Breakfast in the morning consists of a 2 egg option with drink and any sort of bread or $5 off any other menu item. The food was great and there was a lot of it.
My husband and I would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: Dance Romance was a lovely room!