“Friendly and Fun”
Review of Mile High Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Mile High Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We chose the Mile High Inn because it has a reputation as one of Jerome's Haunted Hotels. Little did we know that beyond it's spooky reputation we'd be treated to a lovely stay in a charming inn.

We reserved our room through their website and were pleased to have our choice of rooms after a holiday weekend. We chose the Lariat and Lace because of is haunted reputation.

Upon arrival we were checked in quickly and efficiently by one of the owners. They also own the Mile High Grill which is downstairs and check in is handled in the restaurant. We were given our room and door keys. The Mile High is a late Victorian building so there are no elevators to the second floor where the rooms are.

The property is beautifully decorated with antiques. The trim is a lovely red shade indicative of Old West hotels. Many of the room have a shared bath but with two on the floor for the small number of rooms this wasn't a problem. In fact we were both able to shower at the same time which we don't get to do in "full service" hotels!

Our room was appointed with a ranch post bed. The bed itself sat a few feet off the ground and was reached by steps. Totally fun and almost like sleeping in a huge bunk bed! The rest of the furnishings included a barn wood armoire (supposedly haunted), tall table, wash stand to hold towels, sink, and rocking chair. The armoire is also stocked with two robes and extra blankets although the blankets were unnecessary as the room was quite cozy.

This particular room has quite a lot of vibration until the grill closes at 9pm because it sits near the vent for the restaurant. However, it was not in the least annoying and actually was almost like having a massage chair. Once in the bed it was barely noticeable and stopped well before we were ready to sleep.

Breakfast is included in the package and was one of the best I've had in quite some time. The included breakfast is eggs, sausage or bacon, and toast. However, I opted for pancakes and bacon. The pancakes were delightful with powdered sugar and real syrup and butter. The bacon was thick sliced and generous.

We also recommend the grill for supper. We had a great meal and quick and efficient service even though the restaurant was at capacity with a line by six in the evening.

The staff are friendly and we enjoyed a breakfast chat with one of the co-owners.

We'll definitely be back to the Mile High Inn on our next trip through Jerome.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2008

My partner and I along with two of our great freinds went to Jerome for the weekend of my birthday. We decided to try out the bars in town once we were done for the day site seeing around town. The Mile High was the best, the staff welcomed us like we were regulars. The staff and manager sat with my freind and i for most of the night and invited us to try their breakfast. Next morning we made back and it was the smartest decision. It was tough for me to choose what i wanted. The staff gave us some recomendations and we chatted again with the staff and manager. I would recomend this place to anyone wanting to come in for any time of day.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trunks1
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I was one of the four women from Vancouver who traveled to Jerome in January. We luckily came upon Mile High Grill one
morning while looking for a place to eat breakfast. The food was
delicious and the service was great. Greg was charming and helpful and helped make our time in the grill completely enjoyable.
Two of us went back for tea a little later and the women who served us made sure we had all we needed. I would highly (no pun intended) recommend the Grill to anyone going to Jerome.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Four of us from Vancouver, Canada were in Arizona for a week. Someone at home recommended Jerome to us and we were very happy to make it there for a night. We stopped in at the Mile High for breakfast. It's a great place! Lots of atmosphere, great staff and good food. All I wanted was a bowl of oatmeal and that's exactly what I was able to get! Raisins and sugar arrived on the side so that I was able to make it up the way I like it. Our server Greg was attentive and very pleasant. He cheerfully answered all of the usual tourist questions, told us some stories, and took our photo. A couple of us went back later for coffee and tea. They were great about letting us sit there with our drinks while we waited for the other two to finish shopping. We were not hurried along or pressured to order anything. If I'm ever back in Arizona, I'll definitely make an effort to visit Jerome and visit the Mile High again!

Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2007

We recently did a trip from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon with two nights in Jerome along the way. Frankly I wasn't expecting to find anything even half as good as The Mile High.

It was perfect -- exactly my style of unpretentious quality. The Inn is charming and cosy, with incredibly friendly staff (we love the proprietors Liz and Jet). The food was fantastic -- hearty but interesting without being fussy. All in all it was a real treat -- I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Mile High to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Yardage
Reviewed November 12, 2007

What a nightmare!

This trip started out OK then went downhill. Parking is ridiculous. The hotel itself has no parking. My main concern was an argument I had with the staff. My sister and I spent the day on the town and enjoyed what night life there is, until about 10pm. We decided to head back to the hotel that has a restaurant to have a late dinner. By reading the sign that they have posted on the door, we knew that they were open until 11pm on Saturdays. The minute we walked in (10pm), they abruptly said, "We're closed!” I replied, "The sign says 11 on Saturdays". The employees were not interested in hearing what THEIR sign said. At that point, along with other customers looking for somewhere to eat, we asked, "where can we find a meal at this hour?" The response was, "no where in Jerome". After I got my sister upstairs, I came back down and demanded to speak to the manager. With a wicked tone and taunting attitude, the employees said, "She will be here in the morning!” Without wanting to tell these rude employees about my sister's situation with diabetes, I explained that I needed something for my sister to eat. They insisted that the kitchen is closed. I then suggested a sandwich, anything.... One of the employees then suggested how about a grilled cheese. I said that would be great!! It took almost an act of GOD for these people to help out their guests. The next morning, I asked to speak to the manager. She came storming up to our table accusing me of being inappropriate. I was stunned! This manager never once asked me what happened or how my sister was. I could not believe it. She also said that we were not welcome there and did not refund my money for the skimpy breakfast that is supposed to come with the price of the room.
So if you do stay there. Stay clear of the restaurant, the frumpy owner and don't believe the hours on their signs!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank webtraveler77
jeromeorbust, owner at Mile High Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2007

This review is just not accurate. This is not a large town and most of waht appeals to our visitors is the small town atmosphere that is not like where they come from. Main street doesn't have any designated parking other than handicapped. There isn't any way we or any other bussiness could change this fact. It has always been this way.
This person did not mention that she was yelling and demanding food long after the kitchen had closed. In fact by the time she arrived most of our kitchen crew had left. She went so far as to rip the sign off our door and stick it in our servers face. She never asked nicely for assistance just demanded. This is an affront to the service we offer and are know for. I will not support abuses to myself or the team we have created and love. We are proud of the job we do and understand that some people just have unrealistic ideas of how to behave and those people aren't welcome to our place.

Reviewed July 18, 2007

We were impressed with the quality of the food and the friendly staff in the grill. Would stop there again. Try their hamburgers!
The Meredith's, Kansas

Stayed: July 2007

Been to Mile High Inn? Share your experiences!