“Still incredible!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Still incredible!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Grapes a few times over the years and every time I go I wonder why I don't go more often. You can spend more at Denny's than you can here sometimes and for nothing that nearly compares to the quality of food.
My husband and I were enjoying a date day and I desperately wanted to go back to Grapes. The food was incredible as always. The atmosphere is very nice and the service excellent. And ladies - their bathroom is gorgeous!
Don't miss out on this gem and make sure to check out their after 5 specials for extra savings and yummy goodness!

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for posting all the great pictures! We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed dining with us on multiple occasions. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. See you both again soon!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great Stop for Lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a very busy restaurant at times and we went just a little (within minutes) of the lunch rush. The menu is good as was the food; a nice place to build up energy for the next bout of shopping and exploring Jerome..

Visited May 2014
HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with future customers. See you next time you are in the area!
Kansas City
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This restaurant was interesting. It was an updated version of a restaurant in an old mining town. It had that modern feel with keeping the mining theme present. I loved it! The food was fresh and flavorful. I had gazpacho and my husband had a squash soup that he loved. We also had salads which were fresh and delicious.

Visited July 2014
HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with others. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
Wickenburg, AZ
“Good menu, good service”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Even though the day had been pretty hot, we enjoyed a cool evening on the patio for dinner at Grapes. The menu had some interesting selections and all the food was fresh and tasty. The pizza at the table near us looked good, but we opted for sandwiches and salad. I particularly enjoyed the combo meal because I could try two different mini-sandwiches (turkey/cranberry cream cheese and salami/pesto) and also one of their salads (Mediterranean)... all good choices. The waitstaff was friendly and efficient. We really enjoyed our time here.

• Visited July 2014
HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed dinner on the patio with us! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good food, good drinks and mostly good service”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have been to Grapes about three times and find the food to be well prepared and fresh. There is a nice selection of wine and cocktails. The fare is reasonably priced and the service is reasonably good. Although not an excuse, I can sympathize with the wait staff as the restaurant is small (but has outdoor seating) and crowded and they are constantly having to say, 'excuse me, excuse me, excuse me...' as they try to pass by and around customers who are waiting to be seated. Often, you can see the frustration in their faces and that has to translate into less than desirable communication with their customers.

This restaurant is rated #1 on Trip Advisor for Jerome. I do not think it deserves that rating because a #1 rating, in my opinion, should be reserved for a restaurant that has a sophisticated menu, excellent service, and provides a 'fine dining' experience. (The ratings on Trip Advisor are not based on specific standards but rather on a popularity contest. There is nothing wrong with that but people ought to be aware of it before choosing a place based on the ranking.) That said, we definitely enjoyed our meals and would return again. Also, they have specials running most nights (e.g., the $5 pizza night) that is helpful to those on a budget. There is a good selection of sandwiches, salads, pizza, pasta and dinner entrees and is good value for the money.

Overall, it is a good place to drop in for a quick meal (you do feel like you have to be quick because there is usually a line of people waiting to be seated and because of the small size of the place, they are almost in your face. Definitely not a place to linger over a glass of wine after your meal.)

• Visited May 2014
HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We apologize that the service was not up to your or our standards. All of our restaurants are a little tight, it's part of taking historic buildings and turing them into modern restaurants. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and drink lists. A suggestion based on your review would be to come up for one of our wine dinners if you are looking for a more unique experience with more sophisticated food. The menus are posted online a month and advance and reservations are required, maybe this will charge your opinion on our number one rating. Thanks for the feedback, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Grapes? Share your experiences!