“Long wait but worth it”
Review of Grapes

Grapes
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went there on a Thursday which is $5.00 pizza night. The pizza was good but my daughter had a "make your own pasta bowl" selection that was even better. My only complaint was that we had quite a long wait, but it was very pleasant regardless.

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your patience while waiting to be seated! We're thrilled to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your meals and that you took advantage of our weekly pizza special! We hope that you can avoid a wait the next time you visit!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and have been to this establishment twice and we were extremely pleased on each occasion. The restaurant is small but inviting. The service was excellent but they give you plenty of time and and space. My wife says they made her the best bloody Mary she ever had. I enjoyed sampling the "flight of wines". On each visit we decided to have appetizers rather than entrees and we were perfectly content. Fruit and cheese board, bruschetta, artichoke and spinach foccacia - it was all good. The only other competition in town is the Asylum restaurant in the Jerome Grand hotel. We recommend you try both, but if you only have time for one, this is the more cozy and casual of the two.

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Wow! We are ecstatic that your visits with us have been so terrific! Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Dining at this place reminded me of a scene from a movie were no one knew about it and the service along with the food, wine, and people were just amazing! The recommend the wine burgers plus the red cab with vinegar for the salad. It filled us up until we reached El Paso, Texas (12 hours later). Highly recommended! Thank you

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for posting your excellent feedback with TripAdvisor. We have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Perfect place to have lunch with friends in the quaint little mining town of Jerome. The food and service is excellent. After touring the little town and it's great shops, Grapes is the place to sit, relax and enjoy a glass of wine and excellent food. They seem to always be busy but it's well worth the wait...and it's never very long.

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments. We greatly appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really hate to write this review because I'm giving away one of my 'watering hole' restaurants. If everyone knows about it, I won't be able to get a table when I want :-(. But, GREAT food, beautifully plated, with an extensive and imaginative global wine list, deserves to be known. I don't know about you, but finding a restaurant with great good and a good wine list....is tough to do. GRAPES has it all. You will have to go up a long, winding mountain road to get up to Jerome, an old copper/gold mining town. But the view is spectacular and bring your camera (long and short lens). You won't regret it. GRAPES opens at 11:30 am and here's my secret advice: be there at that time. Why? Unfortunately, GRAPES is what I call a "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant....very little room. They have inside dining in sumptuous and comfy booths and there's an outside dining area where you can overlook the Verde Valley. Both small. The smart cookie gets a RESERVATION. But if you want the best lunch around, be there at 11:30 am, no excuses. Parking is always tough up at Jerome. My advice is as you drive up the hill, GRAPES will be on your left. Straight ahead, you'll see the Jerome Fire Department. Go park there--that's the local's secret where we park. Otherwise, you'll spend lots of time trying to find a place. And there are some parking areas down the hill. If you have back/hip/leg issues you won't want to try and WALK to GRAPES. Park at the fire department and it's a quick downhill walk to the restaurant. For reservations, menu and other info go to: http://grapesjerome.com/. The food is divine. Fresh. These chefs care about presentation. Food comes hot if it's supposed to be and cold/chilled. They have a "Flite of Grapes" and you get to pick three wines from their luscious wine list (reds/whites/bubbling/champagne). It comes presented on a board with three glasses with an ounce of wine in each so you get to taste some of these yummy wines they have. And the list is always changing...how refreshing... If you're a wine lover, this is the place for you. The service at this restaurant is fabulous...quick service, attentive, they listen. For example, if you don't want onions on something, they'll accommodate you and take it off. They aim to please. My favorite is their creative and imaginative salads. But you just can't go wrong with whatever you choose. I come only at lunch time. They are open for dinner and if you decide to go then, GET A RESERVATION. Otherwise, trust me, the locals in the Verde Valley know this place and it's one of our fab secrets for foodies and wine lovers. And their prices are reasonable....you're not going to spend an arm and a leg for lunch. Dinner is pricier but hey...this is the place for celebrating a birthday, anniversary or any other reason you can make up to get there. So...sigh...I've just given my most favorite restaurant away to you. Enjoy it. I hope I can get a seat at lunch, now :-))

HauntedGroup, Owner at Grapes, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks so much for sharing Grapes as one of your favorite restaurants! Just to clarify, we are open from 11am-9pm and we do not take reservations. We hope to see you soon!

Been to Grapes? Share your experiences!