Tripadvisor
Jerome
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good food (not great) with a poor atmosphere and casual service...”

The Asylum Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 2001 Asylum Kitchen+Bar in the Jerome Grand Hotel is the eatery to go to for fresh,local,healthy food. With a full bar and the most extensive wine list in Jerome you're sure to find something right for you! We scratch make most all of our products in our killer kitchen facility including fabricating steaks, Chilean Sea Bass,Pacific Wild Salmon, Butternut Sqaush Soup, entrées made a la minute in the pan. Try us for a fine meal with spectacular views of the entire Verde Valley, San Francisco Peaks, and amazing Red Rock sunsets above Sedona. Thanks for looking us up and hope to see you soon! Asylum Kitchen+Bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

THE GOOD...
It was the 50th anniversary of the day we met so I wanted to go somewhere special. I decided against going to Scottsdale as the 101 is a construction nightmare so thought we could make a quick trip to Jerome and try The Asylum.

THE BAD...
While my filet was tasty and cooked to perfection my wifes sea bass tasted fishy in a not good way. Knowing it was a special day I thought they would offer us a special desert (like Murphey's in Prescott) but we were only asked if we wanted to see a desert menu.

and THE UGLY...
When you are looking for a Special Place for Dinner, you want great food, great service, and a GREAT ATMOSPHERE. This place is not the place as it looks like it was has never been touched since it was built in 1927. Even the road to get there is from 1927 so bring your 4X4, not your sports car.

We were going to go to Sedona which has many excellent restaurants, but decided to give The Asylum a try. I call it our $133. mistake...

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This would be a 5 star review, and really should be... The waitress was amazing, food was great - brushetta, butternut squash soup, stroganoff, filet mignon, and creme brulee for dessert. We were not rushed as well. Food and service was great!!!
So for the bad... We made a reservation for 5. upon our arrival at 5 the manager, I believe his name was Cody treated us like lepers... Seriously, I have been to a few restaurants in my time and this was the most demeaning first impression I have ever experienced. I want to be clear, if you are still reading this, it's a great restaurant!!! Just be ready for a less than pleasent management, even the gal who was bussing was more
engaged!!!
Almost forgot... Not an amazing wine list,. Couple of gems, but not much depth.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

we decided to explore the Jerome hotel and was hungry. To our delight we found the restaurant in which was absolute devine. We r a family of 4 and each one of us enjoyed our meal and desert. I highly recommend the filet

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Visited for Halloween. Decorations were just pure fun. Wonderful experience. Highly recommend it. Awesome food.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2019

We only had a drink here, but it was so neat inside and the bartender was very friendly and told us some things about the hotel and the area. It was disappointing that you couldn't walk around a bit in the hotel but I still enjoyed it very much. It is very tricky to figure out how to drive up to it. You have to take a VERY sharp turn coming from Prescott and feel like you are driving on the sidewalk but it is so cool to see.

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to The Asylum Restaurant? Share your experiences!