“A must in any Arizona trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Connor Hotel of Jerome
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Mount Barker, Australia
“A must in any Arizona trip”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The deco was great with lots of personal touches and really friendly service. Jerome is a great place to stay but the drive there is not for the faint hearted!!! the only downside is the lack of parking in the area but it is an historic town so we can forgive them. We had the greatest meal at the "Haunted Burger". I recommend it too

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurence_baillie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Athens, GA
Reviewed December 15, 2008

My two kids and I (ages 8 and 12) stayed here for one night (Election Night!!) while visiting Jerome.

The staff here were so very friendly. Check-in was through the little shop on the street level. I enjoyed looking at the unique gift and art items (and buying some!!) while chatting with the desk clerk about local attractions and places to eat.

Our room was really a suite, with a queen bed and pull-out sofa in the adjoing sitting area. For an historic hotel, our room was very well appointed. The furniture is older, but suitable in style to the hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable with a nice plush comforter and several large pillows. The charming bathroom had great toiletries. Both rooms had big flat screen tvs. (Great for watching the election results!!) There was a microwave and mini-fridge, and they even provided a bag of microwave popcorn and a big bowl, which my kids really loved.

My main issue was that the downstairs "saloon" was very loud until about 11PM or so. I had read in another review that this room was a loud one, and there were several down the hall further away from the bar that might have been quieter, but we needed more space, so went with this one. The noise didn't bother me too much since I was up late anyway, but if you like quiet, this might not be the place (or at least the room) for you.

• Liked — Great historic charm
  • Disliked — noisy bar scene downstairs
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank towniemel
PHX
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I stayed at the Connor 8/23 with my girlfriend. I was fortunate to book the only room available the night before as the Connor was full. I can understand why. The decor was of the period with some modern conveniences. Loved the clean room and chocolates! The front desk was very friendly! Very quiet room too. Highly recommend if you are looking for something with the spirit of Jerome. Oh yes, my girlfriend Loved it! (as I pat myself on the back).

Cheers

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Small TV, but I am in a historic hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RTown
Surprise, AZ
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We stayed at the Connor Hotel for two nights and it was wonderful. The room was nicely decorated with period furniture. It was clean and the king size bed was nice and comfy. Extra nice touches were fresh flowers, popcorn, and chocolates in the room. Everyone was friendly and helpful we felt very welcomed.
We ate dinner at Belgian Jenny's and it was delicious. Also for a light breakfast, pastry, or ice cream treat try Giselle's Bakery. Very friendly people and good food at both places.

1 Thank trvl4funinaz
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We have stayed at the Connor Hotel several times, usually over the Fourth of July holiday. The staff is very friendly. The location is relatively good, as you can walk to most of the sites in town (though be prepared for hills and stairs). It is directly across from the playground in the center of town.

Please take note that only 2 of the rooms have air conditioning, and when traveling in the summer, it can get a bit uncomfortable. In previous years, we had stayed in a room with a/c (we switched to this hotel from the Jerome Grand for this very reason), so I was suprised when this year, we got stuck in a room with a swamp cooler. It wasn't bad as the night went on and temperatures dropped, but we were defnitely not happy with the lack of a/c for the price we were charged for the room ($140).

Also be prepared that the hotel rooms are over a biker bar, and if you really want quiet (especially if you want to open the window to help the temperature), ask for a room away from the bar. We have never had a problem with noise from the bar, though we were warned to ask for a room away from it.

The hotel is very old, and the rooms are very cute and roomy. The beds are pretty comfortable. We had fresh cut flowers in our room, which I really liked. We found a few hairs in our shower this time, though the rest of the room seemed clean. We were happy with our room, and the staff went out of the way to be helpful (even bringing up hot cocoa for the kids).

The Jerome Grand Hotel is at the top of Jerome, and has the added perk of being "haunted," so this might be a more exciting place to stay if you are traveling with kids (as we were). The Jerome Grand also has a nice restaurant (great chocolate cake) and nice views of the city, so you might consider stopping in for a drink or desserts with a great view. While in Jerome, try the Haunted Hamburger for great burgers and views of the city. Also, we ate at the Grapes restaurant which had good food, and Gisele's Bakery, which had truly homemade cinammon rolls and other baked goods (both of these are directly across from the Connor Hotel - breakfast is not included with your room).

Jerome is a neat little Arizona town with cute shops and restaurants and it is a fun place to visit. I don't think we will plan to stay the night in Jerome again (we will opt for Sedona or Prescott) because there really isn't too much to do for kids. If you travel up Mingus Mountain from Jerome towards Prescott, the temperature drops considerably, and we happened upon a cute fishing lake and a hanglider take-off point (exciting to watch these people leap off the cliff). I would recommend the Connor Hotel if you do plan to stay the night in Jerome.

• Liked — Historic hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — Lack of a/c, high price and breakfast not included.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Carla G
New York, NY
Reviewed April 9, 2008

I'll keep it brief but the Connor Hotel is a real gem. Everything about the hotel and little Jerome itself is a terrific adventure including the unexpectedly exciting drive there (no details - you'll see what I mean if you go). Truly a great travel experience. We stayed in beautiful Room 12 and would ask for it again - and will - when we return.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank finneywatt
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 10, 2008

We originally booked Rooms 3 and 5 for two nights as part of the Verde Canyon Railroad package. I received a call from the hotel a few weeks prior to our trip that room 3 was in the process of being converted to 1 bed from the 2 twins that were shown at the time I booked. As that room was to be for our 2 teenage boys, who prefer not to share a bed, they offered a complementary upgrade to Room 6. Room 6 was a very large room with 2 queen beds and a large bathroom (shower only). The kids really enjoyed the extra space, 60 channel TV, free hot chocolate, microwave and mini fridge in the room. My husband and I stayed in Room 5 with 1 queen bed (bathtub) also with microwave and mini-fridge. The TV in our room was mounted a bit high on the wall for me to see comfortably but overall both rooms were very cute. There was a small amount of noise from the bar on our 2nd night but it died down by about 10 pm. One caveat about Jerome is not all of the shops were open, even by 10 am on the weekdays when we visited. I would think there might be more open during the warmer months. Overall, we were very happy with this hotel and Jerome.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank katmuMn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
Best Western Cottonwood Inn
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Connor Hotel of Jerome? Share your experiences!