“A Little Expensive.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Connor Hotel of Jerome
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I were a little disappointed in our room. It wasn't bad, it just looked like it needed a little TLC. Bathtub surround paint peeling, jets looked moldy, etc. Fan blades needed dusting, etc. Nothing major, but I notice things like this. WiFi did not work well at all. Nice TV, like the gas fireplace. We enjoyed our trip to Jerome. We thought price of hotel was a bit expensive for the "off season".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy083012
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Nancy, I truly appreciate your comments. We will strive to address and correct every maintenance issue that you have mentioned. As an FYI, our room rates are the same every day of the year - not very scientific, I know, but it keeps it simple. I wish you very happy travels. Sincerely, Anne Conlin

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Me, my wife and another couple spent a Friday night in Jerome at the Connor Hotel while checking on some property in the area. Check-in was different as one did this in the gift shop. How I wished there was the original check-in area and it needed a lobby, but the hotel was clean. Quite the throwback in time and makes me wish I had my time machine ready! We were in rooms 10 and 11 and 11 is pretty noisy from the bar downstairs if they have a band, which they did, well... a one man band.

The beds were comfy with memory foam mattresses. Rooms 10 and 11 are the smallest and the least expensive but all we needed was a bed and a bathroom.

Parking near the hotel, and Jerome in general, can be difficult but we had no problem this time of year especially in the later evening.

The folks that checked us in and out were pleasant and friendly and we had no issues at all. We will stay here again and I didn't see or hear any ghosts!

Room Tip: As others have mentioned, the weekends can be noisy from the bar and band below. Room 11 is close to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

John, many thanks for your helpful and informative comments. I'm glad that the memory foam beds were comfy, but sorry that you were affected by bar noise. Please come back soon. Cheers, Anne Conlin, Owner.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed in room 10 on Black Friday. It is a tiny room, but come on, this is an ancient hotel. Biggest complaint was that we both slept so soundly in that bed we forgot where we were!!!! The furniture was a wonderful blast from the past. The lady who stayed a little late to check us in was just as wonderfully nice as the lady who checked us out the next morning.
The attached bar had a country band that played and entertained us most of the night. The bar itself was also perfect.
And a final bit...wife is convinced she woke up to the smell of smoke which quickly went away. Ghost?!?!?!?!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cleetus97
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Cleetus, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. But please, keep those ghost comments on the down low..........Seriously, I'm glad that you had a great stay, and slept like logs. We appreciate your patronage, and your input. All best, Anne Conlin, Owner.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. Jerome is an easy drive for us and I was looking forward to some time in cooler temps and away from all things familiar. The ladies at check in were friendly and welcoming and in no time we had our keys in hand. Easy. The room was nicely decorated, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Awaiting us was a bottle of champagne and a little cake on beautiful china plates...what a thoughtful touch. We stayed in room #4 which is just above The Spirit Room. We spent time there as well, before retiring for the night. We had no issues with noise from the bar. With just a few rooms available, book early. They were sold out the weekend of our stay. I booked 4 weeks out. This is a place I will return to. Thanks for your hospitality!.Loved it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khani

Khani, we are honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us. We hope to be able to wow you again soon with our own Jerome hospitality. Thank you for your lovely comments, and for being our guest. Yours Truly, Anne Conlin, Owner.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I brought our dog and the staff couldn't have given us better service. I loved the gift shop, which had a great selection of gifts and necessities. And of course the decor was especially vintage, right up my alley. Our room was clean and supplied with coffee, bottled water, extra pillow and blanket, and the finest shampoo accessories. We will definitely visit again next year, just may not be able to bring our dog because she's old and there were two sets of stairs to climb. We stayed in Room 10 and could still hear the bass from the bar, so if you're a light sleeper, get one of the rooms in the back, 7, 8, or 12. Thanks for a wonderful stay and we'll see you next year!!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, get one of the rooms in the back, 7, 8, or 12
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Corinne, Thank you so much for noticing all the little details. I'm glad that you enjoyed our eclectic gift shop, too. We look forward to seeing you again soon, with, I very much hope, your faithful pooch. Best Regards, Anne Conlin, Owner

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This place was a huge dissapontment. My family and I walked around the hotel hallways and went back into their "lobby" area, if that is what you want to call it. After their front desk person saw us come by she rudley informed us that we could not walk the hallways of the hotel unless we were guests. There were no signs stating this and when we walked right by her the first time, she was too busy to even look up at us. SO, if they do not want people to simply walk through their hallways they should have a lock on their door that only hotel guests have access to or have sign posted on the door. After that we wanted to show someone that worked there a very cool picture of what we believed to be a ghost located on top of their roof, as we frequent Jerome. This horrible employee treated us like we were the plague when we asked if she wanted to see the picture. She stated something to the effect that they do not condone this kind of thing and they dont do any ghost advertising. Eventhough, odly enough, not even a month earlier we had seen a story on the local news promoting alleged gosts that live in the hotel. Even if they do not prmote or advertise ghosts in the hotel, the way that the front desk agent approached us was just rude and un-called for. I have worked in customer service for a very long time and if I had ever talked to someone the way this lady did I would have been fired. Besides the possiblity of seeing ghosts, there would not be any other reason to stay there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LittleAmericaFlag
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Nicole, I am truly sorry that you felt rudely treated in our establishment! It can be tricky, at times, to balance our guests' need for quiet and privacy, with other visitors' natural curiosity and wish to have a peek upstairs. I hope that you'll come back sometime, and actually stay with us. I appreciate your input. SIncerely, Anne Conlin, Owner.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Connor Hotel. It has a great history and old west charm. The staff could not have been nicer. The attached bar had great music. Give the Connor a try you won't be disappointed. If you have time take the train ride!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you, Wanda! I loved your comments. The Spirit Room's live music and the Verde Canyon Railroad are both on my favorites list, too! Cheers - Anne Conlin, Owner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Grand Highland Hotel
The Orchards Inn of Sedona
Quality Inn - Cottonwood
Quality Inn - Cottonwood
#6 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Connor Hotel of Jerome? Share your experiences!