“What a great stay.. But be warned... If you don't like Ziggy Stardust* , please read:”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Connor Hotel of Jerome
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I went in February just to heal from a family tragedy and it was much needed...
We booked a room here and got Room One aka the coolest Suite EVER!
The man who booked us at the gift shop (down stairs) was very kind and humorous! Then we went upstairs though the "secret" entrance (when you book a room, someone will show you where it is) The room itself was beautiful! Very Spacious! Very AWESOME! The bed was HUGE , could basically fit three people easy! But if necessary , you can be accommodated with a cot!
The bathroom was small, but the shower/tub was great! The room comes with tea, coffee, coffee pot, microwave, and a bowl of snacks and kink knacks! A flat screen, alarm clock/ radio, etc...
Hahahah! So, ummmmmm, there's a bar called the Spirit Room RIGHT underneath the suite...
So me and my family spent most of time singing along to the artist of the night, who by the way decided to have some great taste and cover some great songs, including Ziggy Stardust*...
I know people at one in the morning want to sleep... But we were singing and dancing ,"Ziggy played guitar...And were the spiders" Hahahaha... But if you don't like that, please, stay in a different hotel then...The music of that night continues to 2 am!

So to wrap it all up, it was the best night in a long time!

Room Tip: This isn't a resort , so don't troll or complain... just don't. They have wi-fi (pleas...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorelei D
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Loreleit, hats off to you for a really fun review! I am so glad that you had fun, and that Room One was just right for you. Thanks for pointing out so many great details, even including the tunes playing downstairs. Please come back! Anne Conlin.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is centrally located in Jerome. The rooms have recently been redone and are lovely. It contains fridge with free water- amenities in the room were nice

Two problems- 3 story hotel with no elevator- we just took clothes for the night and left suitcase in car.
It is atop a bar with a band that plays until midnight so it was incredibly noisy and we were in room 6- not supposed to be too bad - rooms 1-5 right above.

I would stay at the other Jerome hotel -"the haunted one" the next time

Room Tip: Dont' stay in 1-5
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sharon s
Jeromehotelier, Manager at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Sharon, thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room details, though I truly regret your experience with the bar noise. Wishing you happy travels, and all the best.
Anne Conlin

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to find and book a room here on our trip to Jerome. It is a beautiful historic little hotel in the centre of this amazing little town. Don't forget to visit caduceus cellars next door for some amazing wine from Arizona.

• Stayed: March 2013

We appreciate your lovely comments. As an FYI, Caduceus Cellars, just next door to our lobby, now serves some amazing coffees in the AM. We all hope to see you up here again soon. Best Regards, Anne Conlin

Reviewed March 25, 2013

when we went to check in we found we had been upgraded to a better room! How nice.( I think it was because, when I reserved the room two months earlier, I told them it was my boyfriend's bday.) the check in is in a cute little store with cool stuff to buy. The staff was very nice and the room was great. (no hauntings this time tho! :)) We would stay there again. Tons of stuff to do in and around Jerome. Fast and easy getaway for us living here in Scottsdale. YOU MUST EAT AT QUINCE if you like Mex. food!

Room Tip: room 8.... far away from the noise of the Spirit Room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad that you enjoyed all that our little town has to offer. Thanks for choosing us, and sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. It was nice to hear your feedback about our eclectic little shop, too. Only sorry for the lack of ghosts, this time! Cheers. Anne Conlin

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I rented the two small rooms at the Connor Hotel in Jerome during our road trip through NM and AZ, and we were thrilled to be staying right in the heart of Jerome in the only flat area of town. While our rooms were the smallest in the hotel, they were a good size and contained fridges for drinks, nice bathrooms, comfy beds (and extra blankets), and period antiques that complimented the 19th century building. The Connor is right on the main street with an abundance of restaurants and shops within a short and easy walk, the fascinating Mining Museum across the street, the old mine and ghost town down the street, etc. We also highly recommend the Mile High Grille if you're looking for a really tasty burger.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your warm and detailed comments about your recent stay with us. If I were travelling, I'd want to take a page or two from your book......We appreciate your business, and hope to see you here again in Jerome. All best, Anne Conlin

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary with an Anniversary Year - lots of small trips, backpacking trips and rafting. But where to spend our anniversary? Few days before the actual date, we settled on the Historic Conner Hotel in Jerome, and what a ball we had! When we checked in, the warm and genuine reception by John, truly made us feel like he was thrilled we we were there - so heartfelt. And it only got better. We had room 5, my honey, me and our 2 Westies. Our room was prepared with 2 dog beds, treats, bowls and a king sized bed with delightful linens that you find in those high price hotels! Loved the way the room was painted, the eclectic and historice feel, charm and warmth. we asked John for a suggestion for dinner - had to be take out - we had the doggies with us. He recommended Grapes, across the street and we were not disappointed. We were able to pull the menu up on our mobile device, call, order and pick up. And it was fantastic!
Loved the people we met while we were there - we felt so welcome and invited. we were not strangers to anyone!

One thing my honey and I enjoy, is visiting historic places though out Arizona - especially the hotels: The Monte Vista in Flagstaff, the Congress in Tucson, the Hasseyammpa in Prescott, the Old School House B&B in Bisbee, and I have to admit, The Conner tops them all, and I have to think it's the people.

I loved waking up on my 25th Anniversary, under the "J", and marveling at where we were, all the history - the people past and present and feeling blessed to experience a milestone in my life in such an incredible place! Thank you for making our Anniversary the Best. And our Westies thank you too, for making your hotel dog friendly. Woof!

B&L, Tempe, AZ

PS Thank you for sending us the Tommy Anderson CD we left in our room! You are the BEST!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We love getting to know our guests, and your dogs were a real plus, too! I'm glad that they enjoyed their treats and beds......We're so lucky to live in a state with many great old hotels, and it's an honor to be included on your list of favorites. Can't wait to see you back up here!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a near outstanding stay here in February 2013. The hotel is gorgeous, as was our room. We stayed in the largest room: Room 7. Beautiful ceilings and carpeting and decor. The bathroom tile was great, too! I would love to give this place 4.5 stars, but I cannot entirely justify 5 stars because of slight noise from the Spirit Room down below, which is to be somewhat expected. What really takes my rating down, albeit just slightly, is that we were asked if we wanted our room cleaned while we were out during the day. We said we'd love it, at least beds made, fresh towels, etc. When we came back later that day, our room hadn't been touched. This is not a big deal, not even really a complaint. It was just strange being asked if we wanted our room cleaned and then not having it happen. Also, upon arrival, walking through the halls was the overwhelming stench of smoke, both cigarette and pot, not sure if that was coming up from below, or from another room. Luckily, the smell abated by the time we settled in our room, and it was not a persistent problem or anything.

Overall, I really enjoyed our experience. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly and personable, and the ambiance is just so nice. I would definitely return, and I absolutely recommend this place to other travelers, but with the caveat that it's not quite a luxury experience.

Room Tip: Room 7 is great. Not the best view, but from what I could tell, it seemed to be the quietest. It...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeromehotelier, Owner at Connor Hotel of Jerome, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

I appreciate all of your comments. I'm sorry about our unfortunate lapse in the housekeeping department - we'll try to ensure that that does not happen again. We are a fully nonsmoking hotel, and when I find the rascal who lit up in our hotel, well..........! Seriously, not good, and I regret that you smelled smoke in our establishment. I'm glad that, on balance, your stay with us was enjoyable. Please come back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
5 mi away
#3 of 48 in Sedona
Grand Highland Hotel
Grand Highland Hotel
#1 of 22 in Prescott

Been to Connor Hotel of Jerome? Share your experiences!