“Mixed feelings”

Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Jerome
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bobby D's BBQ is a 90% scratch kitchen, family owned and operated. All of our meats are hand trimmed, rubbed and smoked on premise. We have delicious sandwiches, salads, and entrees. The specialty of the house is our slow-smoked, St. Louis cut spare ribs, they literally fall off the bone. We also feature a full bar, 8 microbrews on draft and a full service outdoor deck with bar.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Sunday during lunchtime, which was pretty busy. So, it took a few minutes to be seated and the food took a few minutes longer before it came out. When the food came out, my husband's order of mac and cheese was cold. We told the waitress and she took care of it immediately. She also apologized for taking so long to get our order and thanked us for being patient. I ordered the ribs, which were delicious! If I were to come back to Jerome for ribs, I would come back on a less busy day.

Visited February 2014

Red Rock Country Arizona
“Will never attempt to go back”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Based on the good reviews we drove to Jerome specifically for BBQ at Bobby D's roughly an hour ago. When we walked into the main room (which was empty) we were met by the rudest restaurant employee I can recall ever running into. She told us she was too busy to even think about seating us... she suggested we leave. I was so appalled by her behavior that you couldn't pay me to go back. If I could give it less than a 1, I certainly would!

We hiked up the hill to the Haunted Hamburger which was far more busy where we were cheerfully greeted, offered a drink, seated sooner than predicted and are receiving top notch service!

2 Thank justac
Tucson, AZ
“Excellent food, prices, and portions”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent. It was cheap. Large portions. We visited when they had hot apple cider shots in a barrel behind the bar. They were very tasty. Would come back gladly.

Sedona, Arizona
“Good food atrocious service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here for bbq for a long time, as we felt it was the tastiest bbq spot around the cottonwood area. We are sad to say that we will NOT be back. Our waitress was completely unresponsive when we asked if we had been overcharged for one of our drinks. As we were bringing this to her attention she removed a plate that we was not yet finished and we were going to box it up but did not get a chance due to the fact she was anxiously leaving the table to get my change. We let her know when she returned that plate was needing to be boxed but she threw it out already and said we should have said something! What?! How could we when she was trying to get out as quick as possible when we were questioning a price?! She offered no discount or anything to remedy our dissatisfaction in throwing half the food away that we were going to take with us. So very dissapointed. Ask for the new guy ...anyone but the young girl. We left upset at 12:30 pm on 10/30/13, so sad that the service did not match the good food.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Tugg3
St. Clairsville, OH
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great food, service and view. The BBQ was very good. I liked adding my own sauce to make it just right for me. It was a bit cool when we were there, but we enjoyed eating out on the deck and watching the people close up their shops and head home for the day.

Visited October 2013