“Nice place, but the BBQ was just ok.”

Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Jerome
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bobby D's BBQ is located in the Historic English Kitchen Restaurant building, Arizona's oldest operating restaurant building (est. 1899). Stepping through our doors is like stepping back in time. Imagine sitting on an original bar stool from 1899. If only these walls could talk! We are a 90% scratch kitchen, family owned and operated. All of our meats are hand trimmed, rubbed and smoked on premise. We have delicious sandwiches, fresh salads, and entrees. The specialty of the house is our slow-smoked, baby back ribs, they literally fall off the bone. We also feature a full bar, 8 microbrews on draft and a full service outdoor deck with bar.
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My family read the reviews and I was hoping for great BBQ. I have been looking for it all over AZ. Well, I didn't find it yet.

Great place. Good service. My wife had a burger and she said it was good. But the BBQ was just ok. The fat cap was served with the brisket.... Thats a first. If it wasn't the cap then it was the thickest layer of fat marbling I have seen on a brisket. The brisket looked like it was reheated from the day before. Not sure about the ribs, but the did have an ok flavor. The sauses were odd. Not exactly tradiional. The mustard sause had a good garlic finish. That was nice.

The service was good. We sat outside and it was nice.

I saw the big smoker outside and was hopeful. I'll keep looking for good Q. But this is a nice place for a quick burger.

There are newer reviews for Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was so impressed at how much food we got at Bobby D's. The BBQ really is amazing, and the service was terrific also. Love those ribs!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This BBQ will have you lickin your fingers and loving every minute of your lunch or dinner. They have amazing breakfast also. Try the miners scramble.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We have driven over to Jerome both our trips to Sedona, the best Blue Moon and BBQ around ! We are from Texas and we know our brisket, this is some of the best we've had

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place draws you from anywhere in Jerome. The smell of the BBQ got my tastebuds excited from the minute we got to Jerome. We had the chicken sandwitch and it was good. They were out of Fries so that was a bummer. The staff was nice and the food good, the outside eating was nice too.