“Bad food, ok service”

Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Jerome
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bobby D's BBQ is a 90% scratch kitchen, family owned and operated. All of our meats are hand trimmed, rubbed and smoked on premise. We have delicious sandwiches, salads, and entrees. The specialty of the house is our slow-smoked, St. Louis cut spare ribs, they literally fall off the bone. We also feature a full bar, 8 microbrews on draft and a full service outdoor deck with bar.
Dallas, Texas
“Bad food, ok service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The service I received from my waitress wasn't too bad. Obviously not into the job though. We ended up needing to take our meal to-go though since we were seated just above their smoker and were practically choked out by the smoke both pluming from the chimney on it, and each time it was opened. I ordered a bbq chicken sandwich and my wife got a bbq salad. My sandwich was stringy and overly sweet with a soggy under-cooked roll. My side of mac-n-cheese was ok but wasn't anything special. However, it was my wife's salad that truly left something to be desired. Slimy greens, cheese with obvious mold, and a dressing container without a lid. I was unable to go back and complain about this meal since they had already closed, at 4pm I might add. That being said, if I ever come back to Jerome I will not be stopping at Bobby D's.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Mark S
BobbyDsBBQ, Owner at Bobby D's BBQ at the English Kitchen, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hello Mark,

We are mortified that you had such a terrible experience at our place. Please accept our sincerest apologies and allow us to try to make this better.

Our company policy is that if a guest isn't satisfied we make it right. Do you happen to have your meal ticket handy? That information would allow us to review the staff that day and more effectively re-train where needed. If you don't have your meal ticket, just by telling me what day you visited it would allow me to confront this situation and make certain that it never happens again.

If you ever make it back to the Verde Valley we would love to invite you back up for dinner, our treat. I will personally ensure that you enjoy some of the best barbecue around. Please send me your email if you would like me to send you a gift certificate to print out for your next trip to Arizona.

It looks like your trip to Northern AZ inspired you to join TripAdvisor. I hope when you return we can be on the short list of places to treat you to what I promise will be a delicious meal. Next time we'll sit you in the warmth of the indoor deck, or inside the restaurant itself, or even on the opposite side of the deck to avoid the smoker's hard work!

Thanks for your time,

Bobby D
928-451-6962

Arizona
“The BBQ PLACE TO BE!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just tried this barbeque restaurant in Jerome yesterday. Had the brisket sandwich. I especially liked their variety in the menu. Do give it a try!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank azroadrunnergal
Glendale, Arizona, United States
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Though it is a town icon, we thought this restaurant was average. The food was OK. Ambiance is lacking.

Visited December 2012
Tucson, AZ
“I was frozen, but lunch was nice!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

It was a super cold afternoon but we could smell the meats smoking around lunch time. I had read reviews online prior to our trip and I had BBQ on my mind.

I got the pulled pork sandwich (I don't do peppers or extra things) and it was tasty. The sauce was nice too.

My husband got one of more extreme sandwiches that had beef brisket and pulled pork in it. He got jalapenos on it as well and melted cheese too. He loved it. I tasted the beef and it was very delicious.

The prices were nice and so were the servers. We tried to sit outside on the enclosed patio, but it was just too cold of a day. It has a great view and the perfect small town feel. The police chief was having lunch at the counter when we were there.

Great choice on lunch.

Visited January 2013
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Great view, friendly service, excellent food! Pulled pork courses are divine!

Love the grill emitting fantastic aromas next to the terrace! The lunch there made the trip to Jerome worthwhile!

1 Thank Yalla1