“I don't believe in ghosts or at least I didn't, before this tour”
Review of Tours of Jerome

Ultimate Historic Jerome Tour
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Jerome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tours of Jerome offers historic, haunted, and wine tours of Jerome, Sedona, and the Verde Valley, Arizona. Our tours are historically accurate, fun, and educational. We have tours available for all ages.
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Our tour guide was Shotgun Sadie, an self described old hippy turned tour guide. She was full of great information about Jerome and its history and ghosts. She does a nice job. Not a great actresses, but you can tell she is a believer.

I have never believed in ghosts. Just seems like a bunch of made stories to scare children. When my 7 year old daughter heard about a ghosts tour she begged us to go. We decided to give it a try.

I should say that many of the ghosts stories surround seedier residents that were involved in the old west brothels....so it may not be suitable for young children, but since my children were too young to know what a brothel is it was ok.

Early in the tour we learned about some haunted rooms in the local hotel. Our 'ghosts detectors' were even going off, but no ghosts activity you could see was present. But one of the guys in our tour group was telling the group about he had stayed in the hotel and had an experience of an apparition holding him down. Strange, no proof.

While we outside at one point, I felt something wack me in the head. Like a big moth had flown into my head. I swatted at it, but nothing was there. A little while later my wife felt something run along the back of her neck. Also, while we were in one of the rooms in one hotel the hair on my forearm stood up and I got all goosebumpy. But it wasn't cold. No reason for goosebumps.

Sort of weird, but no big deal.

What really got me was that they have a 'haunted car' outside their office. They had shown us some pictures of apparitions in the car and honestly they looked photoshopped

The last thing I did on the tour was take a picture into the window of the car. I couldn't see anything when I took the picture, but when I looked at the pic I would swear that I see a face! I will post the picture and you can judge for yourself.

I enjoyed the tour and it did challenge my beliefs. Go with an open mind and take lots of pictures.

3  Thank Chris1620
There are newer reviews for Tours of Jerome

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went on this tour last week with four friends. The tour had possibilities. They knew their history...of the town and the supposed ghosts, and it was interesting. But the delivery just plain sucked. Shotgun Sally was our guide. Our night got off to a rocky start when she locked herself out of the building and needed to call for keys (the moment when we learned her real name was Pat). This didn't really interrupt the tour, but perhaps it rattled her enough that it was an off-night for her. Anyway, the jokes were corny (Why do we need to know about her nuts?) and perhaps she knew this as she made us promise to laugh at them. The town of Jerome is small and for most of the night we could hear live music coming from the local bar. Oh, how I wanted to duck in there and hide for the rest of the night. (Should've.) The two hour tour was running long, and she politely asked if we'd be OK with it going over 10 minutes. Appreciated that. However, the tour went over by 30 minutes and that last half hour was so long. Perhaps Wreckless Rick has a better delivery. Hopefully he doesn't cackle and groan every 15 minutes.

1  Thank D G
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I recently took a 10 day road trip through Arizona,and met so many wonderful people and seen so many amazing places's that it was hard to choose one favorite,from,tombstone to sadona,but,what made the entire trip a life long experience was the town of Jerome,and one tour inpaticular, the HAUNTED & HISTORIC night tour,not only was it fun,it was very informative it gave us a real insight of the people that lived and worked in jerome in the 1800's. and, it happened to be a rainy night so the spirit's were very active. But the person that made the tour was not a ghost or goblin it was shotgun sadie, she gave us so much information about jarome, past and present, that it made the rain disappear.All we can say is thank you to miss shotgun sadie.If you ever find yourself in the town of jarome,arizona. you must do the tour,who knows who you'll run in to. thanx. carlos & martha

1  Thank carlos m
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very informative and historical insight shared beyond text book stuff. Yes there is a haunted side to the hotel based on deaths and unexplained situations that have occurred over the decades but the mining stories were entertainment enough for me. They provide digital cameras, evp readers and temp gauges to encourage super natural experiences which was thoughtful. Overall highly recommend to all...kids could be bored.

2  Thank Westvalleyproud
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We did the Haunted Tour with Wreckless Rick (Richard) tonight (6/14/12), and it was so good! I was excited that the tour was not faked up with fog machines and fake "ghost lights." This tour was historically based, and very informative. The ghost aspect was mainly an EMF meter supplied to each participant in the tour. Rick made sure to show us where electrical fields were created by nearby electronics so that we knew which readings were from the modern electricity and which were not. Very fun, not cheesy. Rick had excellent stories both personal and that he has gathered over the years, both historical and ghost related, to go along with each phase of the tour. Very fun, highly recommended!

2  Thank Ayla H