“A total gem of a place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ghost City Inn

Ghost City Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Newport, RI
“A total gem of a place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed here for one night and I have to say, I wish we could have stayed longer! Our room was awesome - great views of the mountains, cool decor, and comfortable bed. The innkeepers were friendly, warm, and very accomodating to my vegan diet. I can't recommend this place enough! I hope to stay here again on my next trip to AZ!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
milford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

Pleasant Inn with a common room upstairs, porches overlooking the Verde Valley (no need to get a room with access to the private 2nd floor porch - the first floor public porch has just as good a view.) We stayed in the Verde View room - Victorian style furnishing and a nice bathroom. Breakfast was okay. The 7:30 coffee and fruit with yogurt dip was excellent,, but the breakfast at 8:30 was unremarkable - scrambled egg, 2 good sausages, and fried potatoes. We very much enjoyed breakfast conversation with an eclectic group at our table
Jerome is fascinatingly eccentric - a combination of many artists studios and handcraft shops and rusting mine machinery and crumblin buildings. The view at suset from the Haunted Hamburger was astonishing (get their at least 1/2 hour before sunset to get a seat on the patio)
Unfortunately, the Jerome State Historical Park is closed for renovations - we would have loved to tour it.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vinniedog20
lawyergirl78
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed in the "Santa Fe room". The iron didn't work , the outside looked like it was falling apart and worst of all, it smelled like cat urine! I don't know what the other "rooms" looked like - or smelled like, but I would avoid the "Santa Fe room". I would, however, book again and see "a different view".

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

We spent one night at the Inn and it was a really nice experience. Try to get the Verde Valley Room. It's on the end of the building with great views and is a little more private. The room was small but charming and clean. Great breakfast, and Jackie is very welcoming and warm.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gardenqueen60
annapolis maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

My cousin and I stayed in the Ghost City Inn during an LA to DC move in April 2009. I chose the Ghost City Inn based on other reviews and because haunted places appeal to me. I am so happy that we stayed.

After opting to to take the "scenic" route we realized we would be an hour or so late for our reservation. Not a problem. Jackie and Allen were wonderful, they walked up to the inn to welcome us and made sure that we had everything.

During our overnight stay the Inn lived up to its haunted reputation and we had some really interesting experiences. We were in the Northern Exposure room which had a balcony overlooking some incredible scenic views of the town and the mountains. The accomodations were first rate and the breakfast was excellent.

Jackie is a wonderful innkeeper and watching her interact with the other interesting guests, including an annoying family, made me realize that I could never be an innkeeper. Jackie is just a natural for this type of business. She is one of the most calm, patient and friendly people I have ever met plus she's a great cook!

An added perk is that in another incarnation she was a critical care nurse which made my cousin, who has some medical conditions, feel better. We spent about an hour chatting with Jackie after breakfast and if our trip had allowed it we would have stayed for a week.

I highly recommend the Ghost City Inn. Whether you believe in ghosts or not this little gem tucked away in the mountains is the place to stay when cruising through or staying in Jerome. Thank you for a wonderful stay Jackie and Allen.

• Stayed April 2009
Butler, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

This was worth the drive up the mountain, and what a view!! Nice town and also visited the ghost city on top of the mountain - my husband and all really enjoyed our afternoon here. This was quite memorable trip! Don't pass it by!

We did not stay over in this town but wished we had!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
SE pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

stayed 1 nite, very clean and cute.had a beautiful view of sedona mts and the sunrise in morning was super. had a nice tasty breakfast by the hostess. o.j, cookies, meat, some kind of corn bread pie , coffee, very good. we would go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Ghost City Inn? Share your experiences!