“Charming Place in Jerome”
Review of Ghost City Inn

Ghost City Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Wonderful hospitality - Jackie is a fantastic host. With a variety of themed rooms and an outstanding breakfast (I was served a perfectly fluffy quiche with just the right amount of green chiles to give it some zip) I can't imagine anyone not being content at this place. My girlfriend and I stayed in the Americana room and it was very comfortable and quiet. I didn't happen to see any ghosts, but I will say that Jackie's peanut butter cookies are so good they're spooky.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin G
There are newer reviews for Ghost City Inn

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've just finished my third visit to Ghost City Inn, and, as always, I was thrilled to stay here. The location is fantastic--it is easily accessible and is just a few steps away from all the galleries, restaurants, and shops in Jerome. The views from the front porch are amazing! The Verde Valley--with the Red Rocks of Sedona--spreads out in front of you as you watch the changing light during the day. Of course, the sunsets are spectacular. And this visit included a beautiful Saturday morning snowfall.

I've stayed in both the Verde View Room and the Miner's Suite. Both are comfortable with a mix of old world charm and the latest comforts. Both rooms are quiet and offer privacy. I find the Miner's Suite charming with its small sitting room and old fashioned stove/heater.

Of course, this wouldn't be a B & B without a delicious breakfast. Jackie begins cooking early in the morning, and breakfast always includes juice, coffee, tea, fresh fruit, and yogurt. There is also a cooked breakfast that changes daily but is always delicious. I know that she also considers dietary concerns, so guests just need to alert her.

I won't consider staying anywhere else when I visit Jerome. Jackie has always been so kind and attentive. She is willing to help with sightseeing questions or just to chat for a while. This is truly a wonderful gem in the lovely city of Jerome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed December 13, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay, the view from the verandah is to die for. Just the place to sit with a glass of wine and watch the evening sun light up the hills on the other side of the valley.
We had the Northern Exposure room, you could spend the whole day looking at the knick knacks on the wall.
Breakfast was another highlight and Jackie was the perfect host.

Room Tip: Go for an upstairs room, the views are better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick N
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my fiancé and my 3rd time staying at this b&b. This was also the first place we ever stayed in jerome. We enjoy driving up from Phoenix for a mini get away. Jackie is a wonderful house hostess. Breakfast is always supurb. We love frequenting this town and getting to know the locals while also supporting small local businesses. You can always find one of a kind gifts ; wether it be one of the items for sale in the house or along the strip. We will absolutely be back for a 4 th stay and more!! Thank you for always making us feel right at home.
-C&R

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cody D
Reviewed December 3, 2013

What a great, charming place! Jackie was a great hostess. Delicious breakfast - potatoes and quiche to die for! Room was quaint and historic, however recently renovated with updated private bath, cable tv and a nice space heater that looked like a wood-burning stove. Great view of the valley and mountain-line in the distance!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BluCaddie
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights from the 15th -17th Nov. amd enjoyed it very much !!! Even driving up and down to Sedona/Flagstaff twice was no problem knowing there would be the home away from home waiting for me !! Not as touristy and overcrowded as Sedona is , I felt perfectly secure walking alone at night and enjoy dinner !! Jackie gave great advice and made me feel very welcome !! Thanks a lot !!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cape1995
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Ghost City Inn was our first bed and breakfast and I must say it was very enjoyable. The owner-host was very friendly and greeted us with fresh cookies and hot or cold drinks. Rooms were clean and our balcony overlooked Main Street. The home cooked breakfast was delicious. Coffee, juice, fresh fruit and even yogurt filled our tummies. A nice and easy walk up the hill gets you right into town. Great location!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jan C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Ghost City Inn? Share your experiences!