“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Chicago 'burbs
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

What this place lacks in amenities it makes up for in charm! I chose Ghost City Inn for our one- night stay in Jerome (which I have to say is equally as charming) from other reviews and I'm glad I did! We stayed in the Western room which was on the small-ish size but I'm sure has the largest bathroom. The Inn is very clean and Jackie is the perfect Innkeeper and made an excellent breakfast of fruit, yogurt, muffins, quiche, sausage and juice. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I do recommend packing lightly as the treck up the stairs is a long one with a large, heavy suitcase!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pbrn55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took a road trip by myself, planned to see Jerome but had to stay there a night unexpectedly, I stumbled across the ghost city inn and am so glad I did.
All rooms have a balcony and one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. WATCH THE SUN RISE OVER THE VERDE VALLEY FROM YOUR BALCONY.
Small rooms but very clean and nicely decorated, very cozy.
Great breakfast where you can talk with other visitors and the owners about major attractions and unusual sights.
Wonderful stay, highly recommended, will definitely return!!

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views, you can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JaeCox
Newhaven
Reviewed March 6, 2013

What a lovely spot in a super little town! After the madness of Las Vegas, Ghost City Inn in Jerome was just the tonic! Despite the fact we arrived later than we anticipated, we were warmly welcomed by Jackie and shown to our room - the delightful Verde View room, where we had the best nights sleep since arriving in America!

Our room was small and cosy with the most stunning views of the surroundings. The hotel is situated in the heart of town, so you are only ever a short walk away from a fine selection of restaurants, wineries, art galleries and wonderful little shops.

The breakfasts were divine! Jackie is a great cook! She was also extremly friendly and helpful and a great host. The little touches count such as tea and coffee being always available together with some home-made cookies (the peanut butter ones were fabulous!) There is free wi-fi too.

Jerome is a great place to stay. We slept well, ate well, sampled lovely wines at the Cadeceus Cellars, had a wonderful trip on the Verde Canyon train and hunted for ghosts at The Overlook Hotel! Jerome beats Sedona hands down and Ghost City Inn is well worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShazinDenton
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved staying here. I felt very welcome from the time I arrived to the time I checked out. I loved the feeling of being truly away from everything & that the inn keepers were not always there to ask if I was I need of something constantly. It gave the feeling of being at home away from home. We took this trip as a mini vacation & it was perfect & relaxing. Nothing like staying at the larger chains that you find in big cities which is exactly what we were looking for. Thank you

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
phoenix
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We loved the amenities in our private suite, including the 50 inch flat screen and the quaint porch. The kitchen was lovely as was the batch of fresh baked peanut butter cookies when we arrived to check in. The owner was very gracious and hospitable. We would stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: We didn't stay in the B&B, but in a suite which was located in a separate house. We had the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peacefuldragon
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We last stayed at Ghost City Inn in 2005 for a murder mystery weekend. We were concerned there might not be too much to do without the themed weekend's events. We were using this January getaway as an anniversary trip.

We stayed in the Northern Exposure Room. Jackie greeted us outside in the 30 degree weather and checked us in right away. She showed us to our room which was quaint and just as the name suggests. It's very cabin-ey. There is an en suite with a nice shower as well.
My favorite part of the room is the view. Our couch butted up against the window so we were able to lounge in the room (since it was freezing outside) and have a constant view of the Verde Valley with a book. If the weather was more inviting, we would have taken advantage of our front balcony.

Of course the cookies were present each afternoon, as others had mentioned. We'd sneak some up to our room when coming in for the night. We both had sore throats so we took advantage of the ever present hot water for tea, and coffee.
Breakfasts were delicious and served at 8:30 am. We enjoyed fruit, yogurt, sausage, a corn bread dish and stuffed french toast during our stay.

We were within walking distance of the entire town, but as I was very sore from the gym and needed assistance moving in the slightest, and with the weather being literally freezing or below, we didn't explore as much as we would have liked. Thank goodness for our cozy room!
We have raved about this place/experience to everyone. It really exudes the Jerome feeling. With the great restaurant experiences we had, and the exceptional Ghost City Inn, all we could have asked for was warmer temps and more mobility on my part.

I can't wait to go back. I'd love to visit with friends and/or participate in another murder mystery weekend. Not sure if they still do those, but it sure was neat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ghost City Inn. Welcoming service and excellent breakfast. They were able to accommodate vegetarian and wheat-free. Perfect location for walking the shops and galleries of Jerome. There is a Jerome Visitor's Guide available to browse as well as restaurant menus. The vintage Verde View room with its stunning valley overlook was perfect, although we didn't see any ghosts :P Recommend and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Ghost City Inn? Share your experiences!