“great service, great history, great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Glendale, Arizona
“great service, great history, great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The customer service, history, and overall experience of the hotel can't be matched in the Jerome area. The views are second to none from the Grand as it sits overlooking the towns of Jerome, Clarkdale and Cottonwood and the red rocks of the Verde Valley area. Chris who works at the hotel is awesome. He really cares about each person and is so knowledgeable about the hotel and the area. In fact all of the employees seem to have a great attitude towards both its patrons and people just passing by. My girlfriend and I took the ghost tour with a large group of about 15-16 people and were blown away by all that has occurred at this establishment over the years. Let's just say it didn't help our sleep learning our room was in the former psych ward. If you do the tour and stay at the hotel that night they let you borrow some equipment, including a recored which we caught a few EVP's on throughout the night. The Jerome Grand is a wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone staying in the Jerome area.

Room Tip: The garden balcony rooms are a delight.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Evansville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

By ghosts or the hotel. There were no problems with our stay, but it wasn't anything special either. On the plus side, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel has a wonderful historic charm, especially the near 100 year old elevator and the view over the Verde valley is killer. However, our room did not have a refrigerator or coffee pot. Both which we consider necessities when traveling. Lack of AC requires patrons to open a transom above the door, making the room noisy and limiting privacy. For the price, we found it to be average. Although it would not be a destination, we would consider staying there again especially because there are limited options in Jerome.

Room Tip: Grapes has $5 pizzas and $5 wines on Thursday. Excellent
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

A historic hotel located in a charming little mining town. It sits at the top of the hill which it reminds you of The Shining. Upon entry there is a smell, a bloody smell but what do you expect it used to be a hospital from 1930 to 1950. We stayed in room 10 back in March 2013, the room we stayed in didn't feel haunted but my little 4 year old nephew who went with us refused to go into the bathroom alone. We took a self guided tour of the upper floors, the second floor is super creepy and the 3rd floor let's just stay I didn't stay long. There is a heaviness feeling on the 3rd floor that I can't explain. We took a walk down to the little town, we had so much fun shopping at all the unique stores. We made sure to be in before dark, the hotel at night outside is scary. I'm thankful that someone actually reopened this building and made it possibly for the public to visit. I'm definitely NOT one of those annoying reviewers that complain and take pictures of every crack and dirt stain on the wall. Give me a break! Happy Customer!! I Love you Jerome Grand Hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank diamond9517
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed at this place because of the story and history. The rooms are nice and smell good. The view from the room was great. They have ghost hunts for willing guests. I stayed in room 11 next to the elevator and eatery. It was loud up until about 11 or so from people coming in. Only thing that I can say that caught my attention was in the early hours of the mourning I did hear what seemed to be a bottle cap fall in my bathroom. It was clear to me that it was in my room. Got up the next mourning and nothing was out of place or on the floor. Creepy!

Room Tip: Fun place to stay and get the view facing Sedona.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Englan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We loved the whole feel of the place. Staff all really nice. We will come back soon. Even if I did nearly fall of the side of the hill. ( after returning from the pub. May I add.) cockrogers. England.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cedar Lake, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Bring your camera and take plenty of photos. (look for orbs)

The old hotel that is supposedly haunted is a lot of fun to stay at. Rooms were older, but clean.
You will note that people do roam the hallways on their ghost hunts, but it was not any issue for us.

Go into Jerome for dinner and avoid the Asylum, as it was pricy and not worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Huge321
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and that was enough. There is no way to control the temperature In the room .. It was unbearably hot, had window open but was frequently awoken by drunk guests who were hanging around outside the front entrance of the hotel talking & laughing. Next morning plugged in hair dryer which blew a fuse in the room and cut out the lights. Phoned front desk, they asked if I was checking out that day, which I was, needless to say they didn't to bother to fix the electrics.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robbieclark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
Sedona Real Inn and Suites
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#2 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!