“The Grand Suite is over the top”
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Grand Suite was all that was left with 2 beds after the Shutdown of 2013 cancelled the Grand Canyon for my birthday. It was a great 2nd choice. By many standards it is expensive but being from California no different than a beach stay. Around $400 a night. The room is 2000 sq ft with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, TV room, 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. Even has a washer/dryer and a piano. We were able to spook it up with so many doors to close and closets to hide in. My friend hurt her knee walking down one of the many stairs in Jerome so a walking tour of the town was out of the question. We made our own drinks in the full kitchen, turned one of the couches in the TV room around and took in the sunset outside the window. It was so beautiful! In the morning coffee and a sunrise in the same spot. The Asylum downstairs was very handy for a quick dinner, no driving down the hill after a few drinks. The top of the hill is quite at night and the views outside the room are unmatched.

Room Tip: The Grand Suite would be perfect for a family or friends sharing the bill
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MGD828
There are newer reviews for Jerome Grand Hotel

Reviewed October 4, 2013

All I can say is, this hotel is not for the faint of heart. This is a haunted hotel. Those who love the paranormal or have a love of history stay here.
We stayed in a room that was once an x-Ray room. Room 26. It was clearly not a hotel room. Even with wall hangings and lamps, one would know better. The walls are thick, probably lined with lead.
Being a paranormal investigator, I brought my equipment with me. While out of the room, my digital recorder picked up many bangs, knocks and claps. Something even tapped on the recorder. Got a few EVPs while pretending to call for a doctor. My daughter woke in the night an told me something was staring at her from the doorway.
The walls are still the same weird green the hospital wore.
Pretty much the same as it was. Ghost tours available if Chris has enough people interested. I will definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank azis4me
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time, even though, as we were settling into our room in the late afternoon, people (other guests?) came by to ask about "our experience" in room # 32 ... did we sense anything macabre? (!)

We found the hotel charming, very comfortable, and thoroughly enjoyed dinner in the Asylum restaurant - excellent service throughout!

We " ... would return in a heartbeat".

Room Tip: Go ahead, splurge a little, and get a room with a balcony, if available - the view is worth it, and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A travel companion and myself stayed in room 39AB, we were impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the incredible views over the valley. The Asylum dinner was excellent and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Best upgrades during the week.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

For a girls weekend we stayed at the Jerome Grand Hotel and all I can say is I had a blast. We stayed in room #26 and it was very comfortable with a very nice view. The hotel was great and the staff was very welcoming and even shared their experiences with us. We did not eat at the restaurant on site due to it was quite pricey but I really recommend the Haunted Hamburger that's just down the hill a few blocks from the hotel ( The food is amazing and its also reported to be haunted). We didn't have any experiences but due to the great time, I am going to go back with my family and try again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night (Sunday night) in room 39A/B. it was $270 for the night. We were traveling to Sedona and decided to stay in Jerome as we like to shop for jewelry and wine from the area. Front desk check-in was the first impression of the overall service provided at the hotel. It was rather underwhelming. Almost seemed we were a bother and were interrupting something. The keys provided for 39B did not work for that room. The Sun room outside of the French doors was very nice and offered great views of Jerome and the Verde Valley. It is a shared area with the adjacent room. Upon drawing a bath my wife was quite alarmed at the color of the water, which was yellow. Upon calling the front desk we were told it was due to iron, and that it was particularly bad after rains. They stated that they filtered the water as best they could. Needless to say, my wife refused to bathe or even brush her teeth in the water. I'll attach a picture. We went to the Asylum restaurant to appetizers and a beverage - I ordered the acorn squash soup that I hard read rave reviews about- it was outstanding. The service at the bar was the same as the front desk - underwhelming. Customers that arrived after us were served sooner than we were. I seldom do not tip, but in this case I was tempted not to.

Great location, interesting building, but not so great of a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Az_fisch
Reviewed September 4, 2013

the views over the valley are amazing, the hotel is allegedly haunted and we had a few "bumps" with lights going on and off on their own etc. very cool place, awesome elevator, cool staff i would highly recommend this for anyone

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
Best Western Cottonwood Inn
Little Daisy Motel
Little Daisy Motel
#3 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!