“Fabulous Food and Remarkable service and charm!”
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fabulous Food and Remarkable service and charm!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I spend a great deal of time in Jerome. We live in Scottsdale and love to drive up, have some great food & wine and enjoy the fantastic vibe of Jerome. Every time we come to the 'Grand' we are always pleased with the service and atmosphere. We must specifically mention 'Tony' from The Asylum. We had the pleasure of meeting Tony a couple years ago and every trip we make we "have to go see Tony!" He is friendly, funny and makes every experience to Jerome memorable. His character is much of why we love the Grand Hotel/Asylum and love Jerome. The charm, the intrigue and the 'let's have some good times' vibe!! Love it - Love it! Highly recommend. Have the soup, glass of Stronghold and ASK FOR TONY !! - Renee & Chris from Scottsdale

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank renee z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My family and I had been to Jerome once before, but didn't stay the night....so this time we decided to stay one night at this beautiful, old hotel.

We wern't sure what to expect. When we first checked in we took the old elevator, which was a little scary, but really neat nontheless, up to room 10. The room was really nice and big. I wasn't expecting such a big room. The bathroom was also a good size. There was this closet in our room that looked like an old examining room. It had the glass panel on the front and was a little creepy, but I liked it!

The hotel has about 5 floors, and my family and I had a good time walking around and looking at everything on the walls and all the old artifacts that were displayed. It was like a museum!

The hotel is known to be haunted and I can say that the room we were in definetely had something going on. In the middle of the night, my family and I all woke up to a woman singing. It was very faint, but we all woke up at the same time and heard the same thing. We opened our door and there was nothing going on outside. Very weird. We also kept on hearing loud thuds and noises all night. The room and the hotel in general has a very weird feel to it. You can definetely feel something is watching you or you are aware that you are not alone.

The next morning we went downstairs to check out and they have a book that past guests have written about their unexplainable experiences, and I started looking through it. I saw many reviews for our room, (room 10) and they all said the same thing of hearing singing. That was incredible! So, it was nice to be able to read about people having the same experience as we did in the same room.

One thing I was not happy about was the parking. We had parked in front of the hotel and the next morning when we were leaving there was a note on our car threatening to tow our car if we parked there again. We were all shocked. Not only were we parked in front of the hotel where we had reservations, there was not one single no parking sign. We moved our car to another spotthat was closer to load up the car, and this older man from the hotel tells us we can't park here or he will tow us. We tell him we are checking out and he says..."oh ok." So, I have no idea what that was about, but anyone who goes to Jerome knows the local people in that town are a little "off".

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank azgirly82
Ft Mohave
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have always loved staying at the Grand until now. I made the mistake of leaving a personal momento behind, but it did not get turned into lost and found by the maid, and their attitude was Oh well too bad. So if their attitude is anything left behind belongs to us, I warn you to be careful and double check before you leave. Better yet don't stay there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Pam C
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I got to Jerome after 4pm with my son, and check in was a breeze ,since we had reservations. I was taught how to use the 1920's elevator to get to our room. My son opted to walk up the stairs . Our room was clean, the beds comfortable and we used the air condition/fan on the wall and kept our windows open through the night. The day clerk ,Bob, made sure we could use the EMF and Temperature guage to search for the paranormal experience.The haunted tour was not available the night we were there and Bob allowed me to see the surgeon's suite the next morning that is normally seen only on the tour. I wanted to have a paranormal experience, or see some thing in my photos ,but it was not to be.. I met a paranormal expert staying on the 3rd floor that had things moved in the room and he heard female voices and heard shoes walking down the hall,even though the hall is carpeted, after midnight. My son was too scared to walk the halls and use the equipment, so he stayed in the room. My son is 14 yrs old and agreed to let me experience this Haunted hotel and it's history, but he was ready to leave in the morning. I would definitely return to this beautiful hotel and try to stay up past midnight to see if I could experience the paranormal, but when my son is older.We ate at the hotel's Asylum restaurant which is pricey, but the chef made our meals worth the price and the experience . Then in the morning at the front desk we got bagels and pre-packaged assortment of sweet danishes and lots of coffee.Then you add in the spectacular view and you have a perfect memory to take home with you..

Room Tip: If you want an active paranormal room, ask about the 3rd floor rooms over the restaurant. Take the H...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Carefree, Arizona
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had some friends come to visit from out of state so I thought Jerome would be fun.
Our room was very comfortable and the staff(except for one guy) was amazing. The young man at the counter was so polite and helpful. But I was in the gift shop and a guest was asking this other young man behind the counter, who has long stringy blond hair, if he had
had any experiences with ghosts? He replied that he was not into ghosts that he was into heroin. He sure looked like it. I wasn't too happy with that.
Other than that we had a wonderful time.
We did the ghost hunt at the hotel and that was very enjoyable. The hotel is just beautiful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank msghosthunter
Camarillo, California
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We came here for the ghost haunt and just to stay some where that was supposedly haunted. The ghost haunt was super fun and the hotel is really cool inside and out. The beds were very comfortable and the food at the Asylum was the best we ever had. A great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TheLongWayAroun... F
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I love the Ghost Hunting shows on tv and convinced my husband and son (12) to stay one night at the Grand Hotel in Jerome and to also do the ghost tour. I was nervous as our trip had been hot with lots of thunderstorms and lightning. The hotel doesnt have regular air-conditioning... Let me tell you it was not a problem. The temp was about 15 degrees cooler than in Cottonwood and the air was cooler as we were up about a mile high. The air was magical- refreshing almost . The room was built to last (and stand dynamite blasts) and the beds very comfortable. The ghost tour was a blast, and our ghost host with the most, Chris, was a doll. We were all given equipment, including a digital camera to take pictures with. You are provided a disk of everyone's photos at check-out. Right after the tour my son noticed the surgical door, 3rd floor was open, and he went down to tell Chris about it. I thought I would take a picture looking down the hall to the door- I saw some gaseous matter in front of the door in the photo. I took a second picture and the gas was moving towards me! As I was all alone, I freaked and ran to the lobby! Somehow my son convinced me to go on a second hunt later that night. Fun! Alas no ghost in our room 26. Only funny thing was a midnight when we heard a girl scream- it was some young adults outside the hotel! One call to the lobby took care of it. Very nice experience and a cool place to visit. Lots of history! We walked to the Haunted Hamburger- not very good- upset our stomachs. Mile High Restaurant in am was amazing- split a breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe Valley View Room- amazing view from 2nd floor!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Californiafamilypv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Pines Motel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!