“Still slipping away”

and up
Ultimate Historic Jerome Tour
Ranked #11 of 37 things to do in Jerome
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular tourist stop, this jail slid 225 feet downhill during a "land slippage" caused by the many mining shafts in the area.
Province of Pontevedra, Spain
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Still slipping away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We looked at this old jail and I think it's still on the move or what's left of it is , but it is interesting the rest of the town is great

Visited October 2013

Apalachin, New York
195 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Just a visual but interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

You can only look at this place. There is information posted stating that the jail was 200 ft. uphill when there was a mine cave in and the jail slid down the hill. It can be recognized as a jail, but it is in pretty rough shape. It is located in an area of galleries, restaurants and stores which is the main business of Jerome nowadays.

Visited September 2013
The Colony, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sliding jail”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

yes...it's still there, it's interesting but unsafe! Lots of hard work have gone into preserving what is left. Cables, bars, and stabilizing material.

Visited August 2013
everton arkansas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“sliding jail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Got to see the jail that is sliding a couple of blocks down the hill its a nice old creepy attraction would of liked to walked in it, but looked like it was still sliding.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank mike s
azis4me
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Interesting to look at...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I found it by accident while I was wandering around. My friends were watching the glass blowing demonstration at the time. It was very quiet and deserted, so I pulled out some of my ghost hunting equipment and sat on the stepms. I got many EVP's. One said, "Coming so much!" maybe there are too many visitors? I asked how they ended up in jail, one said "cars". Did they steal them? I got the name "Gabe" and "Jason". I got a child whimper, and a woman telling me "all her children are on drugs". All in about 10 minutes. Jerome is an interesting place. :)

Visited May 2013
2 Thank azis4me

Been to Sliding Jail? Share your experiences!