TripAdvisor
Jacob Lake
Post
Inbox
Search

“Cozy room on the way to North Rim”
Review of Jacob Lake Inn

Jacob Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Jacob Lake
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The motel rooms are simple and spare, but comfortable. No TV or phone, and the sink is outside the tiny bathroom, but the bed was comfortable and the area was quiet when I visited in early September. The restaurant nearby was staffed when I was there by friendly students on their summer break, and conversation with them was pleasant. The food was hit-or-miss: a meal in the dining room was disappointing, but sandwiches and breakfast at the counter were terrific. The on-site convenience store is handy, although if you want fresh produce, you'd better stop at Kanab on your way to Jacob Lake. The gift shop has lovely jewelry and other work from local artisans.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

I was totally disappointed the fries were old and tasted like they were reheated. The hamburger bun was stale and nearly crumbled in my hands. Some 15 years ago was the last time I was in this restaurant. I remember the food was good then. That is why I ate there today. I ordered the blu cheese hamburger and there was probably a teaspoon of blu cheese. The bacon was just okay. I was truly disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019

Our plan was to go to the North Rim, so we found this place that was available (about 50 minutes away - you need to book well in advance for Grand Canyon Lodge). The walls and everything else is very thin, so we heard loud footsteps and noises upstairs all night and couldn't sleep. I can't fault the hotel for housing inconsiderate people, but perhaps they can mention things to people they put onto their second floors. They have a restaurant attached to the hotel, but I'd recommend bringing your own food because it's very pricey and just edible.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019

We didn't try this place because the appearance reflects the type of place we were taking a chance of getting good food.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019

I was impressed with several things here. Two of our friends ordered the thick milkshakes and they looked amazing. Super thick and many flavors to choose from. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with a gluten free roll that was very good. My husband was happy with his burger. They are known for their cookies and my husband said the German Sweet Chocolate cookie was excellent. Our waitress was very nice and brought our food out promptly. Then they have the gift shop that has some beautiful Navajo rugs. The lady that worked there knew a lot about them and I got a great education about how they are made. I would definitely stop here again.

Date of visit: May 2019