“small pretty rooms”
Review of Jacob Lake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jacob Lake
Jacob Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Jacob Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We reserved three rooms one of which was to be handicap and when we got there they didn't give us a handicap room (I was told one was handicap but didn't check it until my father arrived after the desk had closed). My father couldn't shower or bath, he had to have help (two people) to get on and off the toilet and his wheel chair could not navigate the room. When I addressed the situation the next morning the girl said "what do you want me to do about it now". When we asked for a manager we were told there were several and also several owners so good luck.
This was the only property in two weeks of travel that gave us a problem with a handicap room.
We will report them to the ADA.

Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed August 1, 2008

I'd recommend this place for people traveling to the north rim. When there's no room available in the motels or campgrounds at the rim, that's the best place to stay the night or few. The cabins are modest but clean. The standard and amenities were just as described on the jacob lake inn website.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

we loved the cabin...but our shower drain was backing up very bad as we showered...we loved the gift shop the lobby...the food was great.. thanks janet and michael

Reviewed July 29, 2008

Quiet, clean, comfortable room. Great setting. The clincher is -- really friendly people and staff, and good food. While there is a (short) walk from the building where most of the rooms are back to the main lodge (front desk, bkfst/lunch counter, restaurant dining room, gift shop), so what? It's the North Rim, and the surrounding woods smell fabulous. Brkfst, lunch and dinner are all very good. If you want the Campfire Chicken (or Campfire Pork) for dinner, get to the restaurant by 6 PM because they will run out. Overall atmosphere is homey, welcoming, family run, like a family run B&B atmosphere. And they've been in operation there for decades, so the place felt, to me, like a favorite, comfortable, well-worn shirt with lots of wear left in it. While I feel they deserve the Excellent rating I'm giving them, I should note that it's somewhat of a "qualified" rating: JLI doesn't offer to meet your every imaginable need at every hour of day or night the way some posh resort would. However, they work hard, are friendly, and deliver the product they're offering in splendid fashion. I was able to get a room in late June even though I (insanely) waited until mid-May to call. Very good gift shop; if you're in the market for a good lock-blade knife with a handle sporting a southwest/native American theme, buy it here! I regret not doing so and paid much much more for an inferior example the next day in Tuba City. (Remember, this is one item you would NOT pack in your carry on luggage when returning home. Put it in your checked baggage.) The North Rim access road is very close. I recommend JLI as an affordable and comfortable alternative to the North Rim Lodge. After you're done with the North Rim (don't skip Cape Royale), I suggest this itinerary that includes the following: continue on east to the Hopi Reservation in Second Mesa, AZ via Navajo Bridge (over Marble Canyon) and via Tuba City: the view the whole way is a stunner. (Stow camera once on Hopi land; no photos allowed at all.) Rooms, restaurant, and service at the Hopi Cultural Center in 2nd Mesa are almost on a par with Jacob Lake Inn. The small museum at the Cultural Center is informative. Tour (with a local guide) one of the original Hopi mesa villages. After the Hopi reservation, head further east, to Chinle, AZ (on the Navajo reservation) and hire a local, Navajo guide to tour Canyon de Chelly via a serious off-road 4WD vehicle (yeah, that's right; check your AWD at the door). Lovely countryside en route. Keep your water bottle(s) handy and topped up; it's the high desert, so elevation plus arid air demand much more H2O.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Great location, staff are all very helpful and friendly. We stayed in the new two storey motel block which was excellant. The cabins looked more basic but had charm. The restaurant had great food and was not over-priced. Would highly recommend if you want a convenient base for the North (quieter!) Rim, about 40 miles to the Canyon.

1  Thank Pete M
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is the closest place to the North Rim and what a pleasant surprise. The accommodations were very nice (we stayed in the new inn) and the surrounding cabins, restaurant, and gift shop were very very nice.

The staff, mostly students working summer jobs could not have been more friendly, courteous and willing to be of help. I would definitely go back, and this time with more room in my suitcase for the high quality Native American articles from the trading post.

For Grand Canyon, you can't beat the North Rim and you certainly can't beat Jacob Lake Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Pinholecamera
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Great location. Excellent room. Good variety of dining options. Big gift store. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArizonaSpow

Been to Jacob Lake Inn? Share your experiences!