“Enjoyed Jacob Lake Inn”
Review of Jacob Lake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jacob Lake
Jacob Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Jacob Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We had a great stay at Jacob Inn. Considering there is not many choices in the area the prices for the room, the restaurant, gas station and camp store were very reasonable. The food at the counter in the restaurant was especailly good and very reasonably priced. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if in the area.

There are newer reviews for Jacob Lake Inn

Reviewed July 2, 2008

Very nice stay. The cabins are small and rustic, but setting and folks are charming. Highlight of my trip and I loved their shop with native american goods. THe staff are knowledgable and very well informed went to a native american lecture that was excellent. The diner is good basic food with great pie.
Overall wonderful visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2008

Jacob Lake Inn is charming and fun for the whole family. Our family stayed this summer at first in a small cabin which was very interesting with 6 kids and 2 adults but the quality time and adventure with the kids we will always remember. The next night we stayed at the new hotel and had the convience of TV and air conditioner. We had a great breakfast twice and lunch which was the best on the rim. Jacob Lake Inn has the best breakfast and lunch on the north rim, the kids loved sitting at the counter and being served. We looked forward to going back and will only stay at the jacob lake inn.

Reviewed July 1, 2008

We were quite happy to book a room at Jacob Lake Inn, especially since we were able to get a reservation less than 3 months before our arrival date (we heard horror stories from people telling us that we should have booked 6 months to a year in advance to get any accomodations at the Grand Canyon...North or South Rim!)

There were 4 of us, including our 14 and 18 year old daughters. We had basically 2 small rooms, back to back, with a doorway between that remained open (since the bathroom was in their half of the space!) There was a queen bed in each, a desk or dresser, a chair, and one open closet. The sink and mirror were located outside the space where the toilet and shower were found. The toilet and shower space reminded us of the days when we went to camp as children, however, it was relatively clean, and the water was sufficiently hot...so no complaints!

The amount of space was great for the price of $115 per night, and since there are very few places to stay near the North Rim, we were quite pleased that it was clean, too!

It definitely has the feeling of a place that has been around for ages, but, so has the Grand Canyon! It pretty much fit with the theme...it would have seemed odd to stay at some plush hotel in the middle of a National Forest, after all!

The bakery and gift shop are also worth stopping in.....great selection!!

I would definitely recommend this motel for the price, and rustic accomodations.

Reviewed June 30, 2008

Really enjoyed the area and the cabins were good. A little outdated for beds and bathroom area, but do understand it is rustic. Great vacation area and we even enjoyed the snow at the end of the day. It did make the cabin more cozy.

Reviewed June 30, 2008

Really enjoyed the rustic cabin and good food and service at the restaurant. Lots of nice things to buy at the gift shop, too.
Only one negative comment - if you touch 2 of the display cases at the same time, you get a nasty electrical shock. We reported this to the management but they seemed unconcerned.

Reviewed June 28, 2008

We just recently returned from our tour of the Arizona/Utah desert. I booked at Jacob Lake Inn without much looking around as there is only one other option, which is to stay in the North Rim Lodging, which wasn't available a the time I wanted to book. Jacob Lake Inn is a quaint and rustic inn, with nice food and nice people. The cabin which we stayed in was relatively clean, with a few small things that I took care of myself. I truly enjoyed the fact that there was no TV, as it surprised my family and made them get outside and play. I was able to access wi-fi without problems, when I needed to. The STAFF was so incredibly friendly and helpful, and it appears that it was mostly college students who stay in dorms on the premises during the summer. It was a bit more rustic than my husband and children were after, but it was nice and a change of pace for me. We sat out and talked on the porch and went to bed early from a long day at the North Rim. I would recommend this place to any of my friends or family.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jacob Lake Inn? Share your experiences!