“Was OK”
Review of Jacob Lake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jacob Lake
Jacob Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Jacob Lake B&B and Inns
PA
“Was OK”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Our visit to Jacob Lake Inn was not very pleasant. It was snowing and our cabin had No Heat.

The issue was not resolved until the next evening. Only the Manager could issue a refund. Only the Manager could issue another room-at the same price-by the time the Manager showed up all rooms were gone.
We were given a space heater and with no plugs in the room it was over the sink- a hazard.
I was disappointed in this visit.

The Manager did give us a refund for the first night, but that was after many problems with "the Help"

• Disliked — No Heat room condition and price too high
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank meken5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Since there's no much choice around the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (actually, this hotel is the only thing in Jacob Lake!), I just close my eyes and made the reservations.
The first room that we got assigned to had no electricity. We were promptly moved to another room, so no biggie. Rooms are very nice and comfy, they are large as well.
I was hoping to enjoy the food that many reviewers have raved about. We ate at their restaurant 3 times. Overall, food is great and service is extremely slow (I guess that since they are the only thing in town, they don't care that much if you are up standing for a table even when there are 4 out of 12 tables open). Also the last time we ate there it took forever... our poor server was obviously overworked and when she went to get our food the children of the hotel owner had taken 2 of our burguers! (and she didn't say a word to them!!). Didn't bother to talk to the owner... what can you say to somebody that lets personal issues get into the business?
Concluding, it's was obvious that this palce could be better managed. The stay was great, the Canyon was awesome, the food pretty good, but be aware... you will have to wait!!!

• Liked — Room, view, location
  • Disliked — Lack of organization (coming from top management) ultimately affecting hotel productivity
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MaggieAlabama
Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2008

The staff was very friendly and efficient for check-in. Service for breakfast was slow--they appeared to be understaffed--but the food was excellent. Cabin/rooms were as advertised, exactly what we wanted.

I got information by phone, including an offer of an AARP discount. Booking online didn't go quite as well. There was no place to request the AARP discount, and my credit card was charged for the entire stay instead of just the first night. They did credit me for the discount when I checked in, and it had posted to my credit card by the time I got home. (No waiting for "two or three billing cycles").

Overall, the stay was very enjoyable. Loved watching the snow come down during dinner. Especially since I wasn't driving in it.

• Liked — Rustic accommodations in the woods
  • Disliked — A little too far from the the Grand Canyon to drive every day
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Loved the lodge experience with Jacob Lake Inn in our recent visit just a week ago. They made it special for us by treating us with some complimentary cookies in our room for our anniversary. The cookies were the best cookies I have ever had. The room was clean and modern with comfortable beds. Beds felt good after a big hike at the North Rim of Grand Canyon. The guest services was very courteous.

The only issue I had was that we wanted to stay for 2 days but no rooms were available when we booked few weeks ago. However the rooms were available when we landed there.

Overall, had a wonderful experience staying for 1 night. Wished for one more!

Stayed May 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Great accomodations, clean cabins, great food and hospitality. Very peaceful!

Stayed May 2008
Flagstaff AZ
Reviewed May 29, 2008

The room was wonderful. It was in what appeared to be a newer building and all of the decor was new and clean. The view from the private balcony was peaceful and quiet. My only (minor) complaint is with the restaurant. The service was good on the dinner menu. We did eat late because we wanted to watch the sunset at the Grand Canyon, but even with eating late I think the restaurant should be stocked. I imagine many people come back from the Canyon later in the evening. Even with the menu problems, I would stay here again.

• Liked — Best value within reasonable distance to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
  • Disliked — Restaurant not open late enough
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I have driven past the Jacob Lake Inn many times and have eaten their wonderful cookies...it looks pretty rustic but was actually quite comfortable (as nice as the lodge at the North Rim). Our room overlooked the pine forest and had a small balconey. Like most lodges, there was not enough light and the beds were a bit soft but everything else was fine.
Do eat at the lunch counter and enjoy the fabulous grilled cheese sandwichs.
Don't be too disappointed by the nature trail to Jacob Lake...it's a small pond in a marshy area.
Even if you don't stay here...check out the bakery and gift shop.

• Liked — Location and charm
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Jacob Lake Inn? Share your experiences!