“Honeymooners”
Review of Jacob Lake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jacob Lake
Jacob Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Jacob Lake B&B and Inns
Naples, Florida
“Honeymooners”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We got married in Vegas on a Friday, drove to GC to hike and stayed here for one evening afgter we had stayed at the Kaibab. This was a welcome change, as we opted for a Motel Room to have a TV and more hotel room like feeling after the rustic lodge. The best part was the restaurant. and the location was good too for us. I would recommend this to anyone staying at North Rim over the Kaibab. Its not that much further and the food is better. I would stay here again if need be.

Room Tip: I think the Motel rooms are better value and nicer than the cabins, from what I've seen/heard.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Spent one night in this outdated, in much need of rehabbing establishment (room décor updated but structure is screaming for help). Before I continue with this review I consider myself a low maintenance lodger who has camped for many years, so honestly when traveling I am happy just to have clean shelter to lay my head down for the night. We were on the last night of the two week Grand Circle Tour of the National Parks so we had definitely experienced various levels of lodging but this was one place that really needs to invest some money in to their property. I realize they are about the only game in town so they can over charge for mediocre goods and services but this place was one step above the Bates Motel. In all fairness I can only review the cabin we stayed in (Cabin #3) which was attached to another cabin. When I walked in to the cabin the floor was mushy and squeaky and I honestly think someday Cabin #3 will be swallowed up by Mother Earth. Cabin was very outdated with an old sink in the cabin room with the bathroom consisting of a toilet and shower reminiscent of a campground – no kidding. The next morning when the attached cabin’s occupants were departing at 4am you could hear every step they made and woke me up without making one audible sound. I could not be angry with their attempt to leave early, just with this rickety establishment’s idea of lodging. Two restaurants on site; a sit town and counter diner, neither I tried but limited hours of service. Overheard a gentleman try to get a room for the night without a reservation and with the price they quoted him he angrily walked out. So beware, if you must stay here make a reservation ahead of time.

If you must stay here, one night is maximum; any more than that would not be recommended. If possible I would highly suggest the National Forest Campground (Jacob Lake Campground) about 1 mile north on 89A. Heck sleeping in your car may be a better option than the cabin!

NOTE: Took 2 week Grand Circle Tour. For other lodging reviews please see: Zion NP Lodge, Bryce Canyon Inn Tropic, Days Inn Capitol Reef Torrey, Kokopelli Lodge Moab, Rodeway Inn Page, Grand Canyon North Rim Cabins.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa_Chi_town

Travelers are raving about these Jacob Lake hotels

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were married in the park at Cape Royal. The Inn grew on us after a three night stay. We stayed in a cabin so we were not expecting luxury accomodations. It could use a little updating though. The best part of Jacob Lake Inn is the staff. Everyone was very friendly. The young lady in the gift shop was very helpful and was always wearing a smile. The waiter (Scorpion Boy, because of a story he told) greeted us everyday we came in for something to eat. The bakery also made me a cake for my wedding which was wonderful. It was a good experience for us !

Room Tip: The cabins and motels have no TV or internet access so bring some cards or something to read. The ho...
England
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed in a cabin which gave us a comfortable nights sleep but was devoid of any of the normal ammenities that you would expect for the price. No hair dryer or mini fridge and bathroom minute and very poor.Wifi unavailable anywhere on site -even though promised,and they were indifferent to our request for use of a computer to check our forward booking.They did however have a very large gift shop in the lobby and a tiny public sitting area . That says it all about their guest priorities!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Dont stop at this "Inn". We left in the middle of the night just to get out of there. Toliet seat on the floor, the place hasnt been cleaned in years. Dirty curtains or no curtains. Very old and gross!!!! This is the worst place we have ever stayed!!!!!

1 Thank FloridaTerry
Columbia, SC
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I gave a rating of 3, but if I was basing the rating on a "normal" hotel/lodge it would be a 1 or 2! We spent the night here on our way to the Grand Canyon North Rim, basically it was the closest place we could get a room. We shared a 2 room cabin with our friends. Each room had a double bed, night stand, small dresser & a bathroom sink. As others have said, no TV, phone, internet. The bathroom was in the middle between the rooms and had a small walk-in shower with dingy shower curtain and the toilet. It was pretty clean but that's the only thing I can say. The beds were not comfortable and the pillows flat and uncomfortable. The setting was peaceful & quiet, the cabins were cute, and it's conveniently located if you're going to the North Rim and can't stay at the Park.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teeter21
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2011

40 miles from the North Rim Grand Canyon Lodge, and much better deal overall. I stayed in a cabin: if I could recommend ANYTHING, get a cabin that is not a duplex, triplex, etc. My less-than-gracious neighbors talked loudly (she talked, he um-hummed) from 8:30p to about 11p. Then at 2am one of them knocked over a desk lamp in his/her sleep, woke themselves both us and she was panicking for about 20 minutes, and they talked the entire rest of the night Until my alarm went off needlessly at 6:28am. I could hear every word, literally. I got zero quality rest. Restaurant was average; the dinner menu needs more oomph - trout and steak were the only entrees and after hiking all day I was hungry. The pulled pork was good; the lukewarm stale fries? Not so much. All in all you get what you pay for and this was fine for the investment and proximity to the Rim and other outdoor activities. One other thought: keep the cains quaint and cozy, but get WiFi for the complex.

Room Tip: do NOT get an attached cabin!!!!!!! Go for: 2, 4, 6, 28, 29, or 30 (if you are going the cabin route...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DrSukie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacob Lake
Marble Canyon Lodge
Marble Canyon Lodge
#2 of 2 in Marble Canyon
Grand Canyon Ranch & Outfitters
Hopi Cultural Center Restaurant & Inn
Hopi Cultural Center Restaurant ...
#1 of 1 in Kykotsmovi Village

Been to Jacob Lake Inn? Share your experiences!