“Skywalk grand canyon”

and up
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk Express Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Walk among the clouds at the Grand Canyon Skywalk. See breath taking sights and experience the Grand Canyon like never before. Located at Eagle Point where the natural rock formation of an Eagle is prominently in view for all to see. This glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder. Guests can purchase hot lunches, cold drinks, and snacks while visiting. Located on the Hualapai Reservation, the Skywalk is located at Eagle Point at Grand Canyon West. Visitors can enjoy the Native American Village, Traditional Bird Dancers every day and breath taking views.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Skywalk grand canyon”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Well the skywalk was amazing you could see down in the canyon, you even get photos on their and you must wear soft covers over your shoes they are given to you great experience.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It IS the Grand Canyon, after all....”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We took our 4 sons (ranging in ages 8 to 25) on the Hualapai Grand Canyon West Skywalk tour. It was easy to navigate our way there, and we went through some beautiful land on our way (including part of the Joshua Tree National Forest, which was pretty cool). Once we purchased our tickets, the system of seeing all the attractions included in the package was easy enough to navigate. You may spend as much time as you like at each of the three stops, getting on and off a frequently running bus as needed. The stops are approximately 10 minutes from each other. The first stop was an "old West" town, which was really pretty cool. A small part of the canyon was visible (not stunning, but nice) . There were some things to do, like shoot arrows at targets (with help and instruction), play an old toss-the-horseshoe-at-the-board game, take a very brief wagon ride to see a dinosaur print preserved in stone, practice lasso-ing (sp?), and see a magic shoe. The people who run some of these attractions do have tip jars out. There was a person singing and playing guitar while we were there. There are also new, clean restrooms and a small gift shop. The Skywalk is the second shop. There are areas for photos alongside this part of the canyon before going on the Skywalk. The day we went, the weather was very pleasant - warm, blue sky - but the canyon had almost like a smog/haze hanging over it. Not sure if this was smog or haze or dust. The views were hampered by whatever it was. The Skywalk itself was a little underwhelming to me. It's definitely an amazing feat of engineering, but it isn't as big as you think. The view of the canyon is nice, but not the spectacular view we were anticipating. Of special note, though, is the shape of an eagle that is apparent in the rock. It's clearly visible. This is a sacred area to the tribe, and I can see why. You are not allowed to take anything out onto the Skywalk, including cameras. They provide free lockers for temporary storage of your belongings. There is a photographer out there who will take any photos of you that you'd like, and you may purchase the photos inside. Typical tourist thing, but we were kinda bummed to find that out. There are a few concessions available at this location, and another small gift shop. The last stop was beautiful, too, but again, that smog/haze/dust was hanging over the canyon. There was another small gift shop. Also, Native Americans were performing a traditional dance in an outdoor, shaded area, which was very nice. I enjoyed it. There is some rock climbing that can be done here (nothing serious - just fun in some sturdy shoes). At this last location, there is an additional gift shop where locally made crafts are available for purchase. They are all authentically made by Native Americans. The items were beautiful, and the prices reflected the craftsmanship - no cheap souvenirs here. Know that a short distance from this area, where you catch the bus back to the main area where you started, there are local vendors set up selling their handicrafts (mostly jewelry). We only had a few moments to look, but I did buy two nicely made, completely unique paris of earrings for a very reasonable price. We wish we'd known these vendors were there beforehand so we'd been able to a lot time and more $$. Finally - if you purchase the entire Skywalk package (and there's only one other option if you don't), you will get a voucher for lunch. We chose to eat at the first stop because it had indoor seating. The food was very good - chicken or ribs with several options for sides. The other stops do have some vegetarian options. It's all clearly laid out on the information they give you when you purchase your tickets. Overall, it really was a very cool and unique experience, just a little underwhelming - probably based on my own preconceived expectations. The smog/haze/dust did impact our views, too. Lastly, we feel it was rather expensive for what we got out of it, though we do understand they had to pave roads out to this location and pay for the actual skywalk and all the other buildings and such. (BTW - if you ride a motorcycle, the entire road out there is now paved except for some very brief patches of gravel in between the paved roads. not the best motorcycle road, though, if you are cautious about gravel and sand on the road.)

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TLiebs
North Little Rock, Arkansas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The only place open”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Due to the government shut down and the present administration wanting us to feel his pain, the public areas of the Grand Canyon were closed. You could not even take pictures from the public roads without being harassed. Fortunately, this is Indian owned and we were able to experience the Skywalk (my wife, not me) and several places around the Grand Canyon. I was on a small bus tour that included a meal at a place that had a 2 hour line due to the shutdown. We voted to eat at a local hangout instead. Everyone had to come to the West rim. It looked like rush hour traffic when we left. I would rather pay the extra money than fight the hassle of a big bus tour.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't expect to be able to use your own cameras”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My friends and I took a tour which included the Entrance Fee to the Skywalk in the price, so I wasn't really aware how expensive it is. Cameras are banned, which I thought was stupid.

Having said that, we had a great time. It's quite a feat of engineering, and being able to walk with a huge drop beneath your feet is a surreal experience.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank ack1990
Harlingen
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Skywalk Canyon Experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Well, I was motivated to take the skywalk after I saw that it was not completely made of glass as I thought it was going to be. Somehow the information I had viewed on TV and in brochures let me to believe that it was all glass. I found I could muster enough courage to make the walk I tried not to look down to much, but still managed to get some views of the canyon below. By the way, you don't stay on the skywalk indefinitely, they put a small group in at a time and you just walk around and you can have your picture taken, we did I wanted proof that I had done it. You are not allowed to take personal cameras, etc. with you. Our recommendation is not to go during July if you can help it. It was very hot! We managed to get through it and marked it down as one of the experiences on our "bucket list".

Visited July 2014