“need to replace the glass”

Grand Canyon Skywalk
Experience for Yourself
More Info
$499.99*
and up
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk Express Helicopter Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Walk among the clouds at the Grand Canyon Skywalk. See breath taking sights and experience the Grand Canyon like never before. Located at Eagle Point where the natural rock formation of an Eagle is prominently in view for all to see. This glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder. Guests can purchase hot lunches, cold drinks, and snacks while visiting. Located on the Hualapai Reservation, the Skywalk is located at Eagle Point at Grand Canyon West. Visitors can enjoy the Native American Village, Traditional Bird Dancers every day and breath taking views.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Gilbert, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“need to replace the glass”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the third time I visited the Skywalk to show my curious friends and family. I told everyone it's not worth it but they insist 'cause what they learned back home Skywalk is an American Wonder!? I agree with other members that the Skywalk tried really hard to rip off people, one fee to get in and other fee to get on the bridge. The food was horrible too. There is also a 21-mile unpaved rough road so get a rental car. Now they even have a metal detector so no one can slick in a phone or camera, if you want to get a picture taken by a so-called pro, it'd cost at least $30 a shot. Assuming I am OK with all the fees and traps, when I walked on the thing, it's really bad. every piece of glass got lot of scratches, worst than my stove glass top, the scratches actually severely interfere the view to the bottom. I obviously didn't get what I paid for, I wont go back again.

Visited April 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went there as part of our trip with Pink Jeep Tours. Amazing view and worth every penny. It cost over 30 million to build, and I don't mind after all that the american government did to native americans in the past.

McDonough, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Can you believe the nerve of Hualapai Reservation gouging tourists?”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very disappointed!!!

There were 6 of us (2 children, 10 & 4) who were very excited as we drove 2.5 hours from Las Vegas to see the Grand Canyon via the Skywalk. I had looked online to see how much it would cost, knowing I would be spending money per person for the skywalk itself. I definitely was not prepared for the extra costs that were being pushed at me, in order for me to just be able to see the Grand Canyon... what I didn't know and found out when I arrived was a guard and a stop sign in the middle of nowhere (Hualapai Reservation). I was told by this person that I would have to park my car and go inside this huge white tent to buy my tickets. Okay, I can do that, thinking that the next stop sign and guard I saw was the entrance road to the Skywalk.... well guess what...I was shocked to find out that when I went inside to buy my tickets, I was not going to be allowed to drive my car to the Skywalk. If I wanted to see the Grand Canyon from this skywalk view, I would HAVE to purchase a package separate, just to take the road into the park via their transportation... and on top of that, not all the included package sites that were listed were open for viewing.

I will give them a little credit... okay, not really, in trying to take $5 off the package price per person... but they couldn't even discount children at 4 years old (maybe even let them in free...hint..hint).. To say the least, in order to view our beautiful natural Grand Canyon from this part of Arizona, I was being hustled. It was going to cost me over $400 of which only the skywalk money was allocated in my budget. What is this world coming too? So, after traveling on these long, not so appealing gravel/dirt roads, I had to tell the children that I couldn’t afford for them to see the Grand Canyon via the skywalk and we left.

I was not about to contribute to this highway robbery that the Hualapai reservation is involved in towards the people who come to visit. My family and I felt cheated out of a beautiful experience because others were money hungry. I will not recommend anyone to visit this place, but will steer them to other sites that offer a more enjoyable, yet cost effective, experience. Hoover Dam was awesome and free if you don’t do the tours.

Visiting from Georgia.

26 Thank KattsH
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Shame on you Hualapai tribal leaders”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

How could you let this happen? Fee for the required tour, another for the skywalk, another fee just to take a freaking picture. What a rip off. The fees are not small either. Shame on whoever owns this mediocre tourist trap. Shame on whoever in the hualapai tribe decided to sell their soul to put their name on this tourist trap. It's all about the money.

22 Thank Jack L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rip off”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Traveled 3 hours out there to find out it's $80 minimum to go out on the Skywalk and then you can't even take any pictures. It was very disappointing!!

1 Thank Janai W