“Wasted Drive !!!”

and up
Grand Canyon West Rim Coach Tour from Las Vegas with Optional Skywalk Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Canyon Resort Corporation is owned by the Hualapai Indian Tribe and is located in Peach Springs, Arizona. In 1988, the Hualapai Indian Tribe, which has occupied the land since 1883, established GCRC, welcoming millions of visitors each year to tour the area, including the nearby lodge, ranch, River Runners and Grand Canyon West. To further increase tourism in the area, the Grand Canyon Skywalk was built in 2007. The Skywalk is a glass, horseshoe-shaped bridge that enables visitors to walk beyond the canyon walls at Grand Canyon West, suspending them 4,000 feet above the riverbed and providing an unparalleled view of this natural wonder.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Like everyone else, should have read tripadvisor first.
Says $30 on the website site when we get there to get the skywalk package you have to buy another package $176 total please, and no pictures or personal items allowed, no thanks
And the road to get out here is half gravel and the other half full of cows wandering all over.
Take a helicopter tour from vegas to the South Rim much better and you know your costs up front

5  Thank Suilenroc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)
All reviews
"glass floor"
"degree view"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was a really amazing place to see. One of the best trips ever.

It is so worth it to come here if you are already in Vegas. We took a tour from Vegas which also included the Skywalk. The Eagle Point and the Guano Point mostly are both beautiful.

I haven't been to the South Rim but for somebody who has never seen anything like this before it was a really awesome experience. The Skywalk was a lot of fun, too. It was included in our tour, I think it costs about $35 a person but it was worth it.

I'll remember coming here for the rest of my life.

1  Thank Dominika F
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Let me start off by saying that the drive to the West Rim is not bad at all. Yes there is a portion of the road towards the ending that is gravel - but if you drive 20mph its not as bad as previous reviewers mentioned. The car will get dirty but not damaged.

At the entrance (the Terminal) various packages are offered. We decided to take the package thats includes a meal voucher as well as the Skywalk (refer to my Skywalk review). The meals are not 5 star but are decent - we opted for meals at the second stop (Skywalk location).

There are three stops in the West Rim.
1. A cowboy 'village' which in my opinion is a total waste of time.
2. Skywalk area where you can get some really good views and take nice pics.
3. Excellent views as well as small mountains which you can climb - it would be nice if there were a Skywalk built at this location in the future.

We also opted for a 45min helicopter package which includes a chopper ride to and from the Colorado river (5min trip) and a 30 min boat ride on the river. This is definitely worth the $$$ spent. Would recommend it to anyone going.

All the above cost $270 (including helicopter package). Pics at the Skywalk are expensive (budget on $80 for pics on a memory stick). The curio shop is bad compare to other tourist stores I been to - although they have many items there are a few items that are "Grand Canyon West" material as alot of the items are Native American Curios.

If you can suck up the drive (which isn't bad) and a few silly stops in the Canyon, definitely something to do!

1  Thank Yusuf B
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Rented a car and arrived here with no issues. After reading some of the earlier reviews I was concerned about the rental car and the rough road but turned out to be just fine. It's a whole lot better than some of the dirt roads in my home state. Just go slow and you'll be fine. Crews are working on the road with a lot of heavy equipment. I'm guessing in time it will be paved the whole way through. I particularly enjoyed the ride (about 2.5 hours) from Vegas to get a sense of the desert landscape and small towns. Would enjoy exploring this area more. Yes, the price of admission is too high as others have said but you either accept it or you don't go. For those with limited time it really is the only way to see the Canyon on a daytrip from LV. The canyon is awesome - words can't describe how incredible this is. The Skywalk was impressive and worth doing in my opinion. Would love to have taken the helicopter to the bottom but no time. Go and see it and don't let the road or the price deter you.

1  Thank traveleralso
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've been to the Grand Canyon national park before, but we were going to Las Vegas with someone whose never been. We decided on Grand Canyon west because we could do it in a day.

It is an easy drive from Vegas, we stopped at the Hoover Dam. Past the Hoover Dam there are no towns until the reserve. You will see a few gas stations and a mom and pop place to eat, but if your looking to stop, don't pass these places up thinking there will be something bigger later.

The gravel road is at almost the very end of the trip. If you drive show and aren't in a rush it is a very nice drive. Roll down the windows and take photos of the rock formation. If you think this road is dangerous, you are probably going way to fast. By the way we drove in my Pruis! Because we were not rushed, we pulled to the side a few times to let others pass.

Once at the Grand Canyon the amenities at the site were nice, as was the view. Yes the prices are more than a national park, but this is private land. They don't even have to allow visitors! Instead they do charge you for the experience which in turn supports their families. Remember no tax dollars here.

The views are awesome, as are the walks. A shuttle was constantly showing up at each stop, and there was virtually no wait to go to the next stop. We did not do the sky walk because I was with people who were scared of heights, but there were still great views of the canyon without that vantage point. No guard rails, so you could get as close to the edge as you want. If I were a parent this would be a big negative, but I guess it just means hold tight to those little hands!

I would recommend this to anyone who is unable to make it to the national park.

1  Thank Kimberly J